Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Campagnolo Chorus, Record and Super Record

I've been looking at the road bikes on the Canyon website. You can get quite a nifty bike for around £2100 fitted with Chorus. But you can also get a more expensive version fitted with Record and, for a lot more, you can get their Superbike fitted with Super Record.

All three groupsets are based around the same design and engineering. So, just to throw this out there, is there really much difference between the three groupsets? And, if you're an amateur like me, is there really much point in spending the extra money?

Anyone here use one of those 3 groupsets?

Any comments or observations most welcome.

Thanks.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

even Veloce is good? interesting.  1

russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes

i didnt mind getting rid of my sram red as i was so worried about crashing it or wearing it out in bad weather. the kinda thought of if i go down on this bend its gonna cost me £300 for a shifter and £250 for a mech!

i run veloce on my winter bike it is b-b-b-b-brilliant and cheap to replace

Baldy1alex | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well in my day 20 yrs past only diff in Super Rec & Record was the finish polish wise ! Some how i dont see much change in that now & Chorus is a good + tough option !!

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

thanks for all the advice!

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

post deleted

0 likes

i had sram red on my previous bike, it was brilliant! probably the best shifting action apart from the useless titanium front mech!

the sram equipped canyons are also a good shout.

campagnolo is by far the best looking though  1

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Or 600 pounds to spend on some SRAM Force.  19

0 likes

even look at athena option. they are all similar, just the more you pay the more ti / carbon / ceramic bearings you get.

if you have th cash buy the best you can but an enthusiastic amatuer or even cat 3-4 racer arent going to get huge gains from record or super record over chorus athena.

think of it this way, get athena/record have £600 to buy a garmin/superb shoes/helmet and some nice oakleys. contact points as important as the bike

Latest Comments