Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TdF Stage 4 - Abbeville-Rouen

A flat stage along the coast, the peloton may be broken up by the winds but the run in to the finish is pretty long and away from the coast and it's all likely to come back together again. Pretty much a cast iron sprint finish.

Will Cav win again? Can Sagan make it 3? Can Griepel/Goss ever move out of Cavendish's shadow? Is Kittel feeling better? Is Morkov totally cooked or will be away again?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

32 comments

chrisro | 11 years ago
0 likes

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

All bar oss scored for me today...so oss is out for tv.

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

All bar oss scored for me today...so oss is out for tv.

thefatcyclist | 11 years ago
0 likes

I need therapy, now where is the Glenlivet?

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Good work silas chime - into the lead!

silas chime replied to chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Good work silas chime - into the lead!

Thanks Chris

Even the Cav crash didn't spoil it....he still got 12 in the intermediate plus 2 for 4th in the points comp.

Good day for my sprint DS' today(Impey 18,Cantwell 18,Boeckmans 14).

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

After taking a 100 point penalty, I'm pretty sure I got a positive score today...  4

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Again a terrible stage for me

0 likes

Wow - that crash worked for me, pretty sure Greipel, Goss, Sagan, Van Hummel and/or Boeckmans were all up there, and don't have Cav...

0 likes

So where was WIggins, disaster for Sky....rubbish

0 likes

ok so no luck for me!!!!! Cav down and out FFS

Alan Tullett replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Whenever I put Cav in he crashes. I was going to put in Greipel originally. Hut and van Hummel also caught up in it. These sprint stages are high in luck. They killed me in the Giro. At least they all got some intermediate points. I hope I'm luckier tomorrow.

TERatcliffe26 replied to Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Whenever I put Cav in he crashes. I was going to put in Greipel originally. Hut and van Hummel also caught up in it. These sprint stages are high in luck. They killed me in the Giro. At least they all got some intermediate points. I hope I'm luckier tomorrow.

you should have told me  3

to be honest i chose between Cav and Arishiro or greipel and morkov....

debated whether morkov would go in the break and stuck with my original plan knowing arishiro can sprint, so thinking he may figure at the end. overall i think they scored similar between them. and was all going fine till the intermediate sprint. Then Cav and Haedo and Lancaster all up caught in the crash

For tomorrow ive bought in izagirre for simon ready for the mountains at the weekend and veelers for haedo.

TERatcliffe26 replied to Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

you should have told me  3

to be honest i chose between Cav and Arishiro or greipel and morkov....

debated whether morkov would go in the break and stuck with my original plan knowing arishiro can sprint, so thinking he may figure at the end. overall i think they scored similar between them. and was all going fine till the intermediate sprint. Then Cav and Haedo and Lancaster all up caught in the crash

For tomorrow ive bought in izagirre for simon ready for the mountains at the weekend and veelers for haedo.

0 likes

Greipel clearly isn't going for Green - thats two days running he hasn't gone for the intermediate.  39

0 likes

I like the fact that breakaways can get you high scores - encourages risk-taking! Hasn't worked for me much this season but I'm persisting with it anyway...

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Holy crap, that intermediate was worth 57 points for me today!

Its good today but I think the scoring has become too heavily weighted towards the breakaways. Especially when we get into the mountains if it's 15 points for a sprint, 15 for first over an HC and 10 for cat 1s on some stages you can get two breakaway riders and score more than if you were getting top three at the stage finish!

TERatcliffe26 replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Holy crap, that intermediate was worth 57 points for me today!

Its good today but I think the scoring has become too heavily weighted towards the breakaways. Especially when we get into the mountains if it's 15 points for a sprint, 15 for first over an HC and 10 for cat 1s on some stages you can get two breakaway riders and score more than if you were getting top three at the stage finish!

57? i make it 54 for you, as i make it 50 for me, i have lancaser compared to you having van hummel (3 compared to 7 point)

drheaton replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

57? i make it 54 for you, as i make it 50 for me, i have lancaser compared to you having van hummel (3 compared to 7 point)

Boo!

I think my issue has always been that I see the stage win as the biggest prize and someone outscoring the stage winner's 35 points for getting first across a sprint, HC and cat 1 seems to undervalue the finish line.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hurrah! Sprint points!

1. Arashiro (15pts)
2. Delaplace (14pts)
3. Moncoutie (13pts)

and the peloton...

4. Cavendish (12 pts)
5. Goss (11 pts)
6. Renshaw (RAB) 10pts
7. Sagan (LIQ) 9pts
8. Petacchi (LAM) 8pts
9. van Hummel (VCD) 7pts
10. Hutarovich (FDJ) 6pts
11. Burghardt (BMC) 5pts
12. Kuchynski (KAT) 4pts
13. Lancaster (OGE) 3pts
14. Impey (OCE) 2pts
15. Ladagnous (FD) 1pt

and Delaplace took the last climb ahead of Moncoutie so they've split the 20 KoM points on offer between themselves.

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Moncoutie getting some points for my purist team.  1

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Turns out Moncoutie only took 2 of the first 3 climbs, Delaplace took the 2nd.

d_jp | 11 years ago
0 likes

I decided not to put Morkov in for Stage 3 to save an extra transfer for today but after he went again & I ended up "losing" 48 points yesterday I decided I had to put him in today...  20

Hoping Goss, Greipel & Sagan can get me some good points, although I'm sure quite a few teams have them in so not sure how much difference it will make even if they do

0 likes

i think Arashiro should manage to take the sprint  1 im sure he will beat moncutie at least!

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Stupid Moncoutie  14 has taken all three of the first climbs (and will no doubt take the 4th) for a cool 15 points so far. My man Arashiro better take the intermediate sprint or I won't be happy  14

One thing I've noticed this year is that the huge selection of 'star' sprinters means very few fantasy DSs are actually getting anywhere near the bunch sprints. Stage 2 had only 2 DSs in the top 20  2

silas chime | 11 years ago
0 likes

4th Premium/8th Overall in TDF so went for the tried and trusted:

Cavendish(in for Boassen Hagen)
Greipel(in for Cancellara)
Sagan
Freire
Cantwell
Impey
Cooke
Boeckmans
Urtasun

0 likes

some luck for me at last?

My team is

Cav
Goss
JJ Haedo
Sagan

Simon
Lancaster
Zabriske
Edet
Arashiro

0 likes

Boo hiss - 2 Saur riders but not that one! Never mind, I still have a half-decent sprint team (Goss, Greipel, van Hummel, Sagan), may bring Cav in for Sagan tomorrow.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

COME ON MORKOV.

Chase that break!

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Other than having another breakaway guy that's gone pretty well for me. Three in the break means more intermediate sprint points for sprinters and I have Arashiro  1

Today I've got:

Cavendish
Goss
Sagan
Van Hummel
Arashiro
Simon
Levarlet
Bernaudeau
Izagirre

So hoping for Arashiro to take everything (although I reckon Moncoutie'll take the mountain points) and a bunch finish.

Pages

Latest Comments