Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

So whats the view of Sagan? Godsend or Gobshite?

I cant believe some of the stick I've read, he is young and smashing his first Tour de France (so far), I think he is genuinely just buzzing off his own success as opposed to acting up and trying to rile other riders and I think its brilliant to watch.

What is the common consensus on here of "The Tourminater"*?

*That could well come back to bite him right on the arse if something causes him to DNF.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

27 comments

Cooks | 11 years ago
0 likes

then there's the worry of getting it caught in your cranks.

Cooks | 11 years ago
0 likes

Peter Sagan was 5 when George Hincapie rode his first TDF.

russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes

classic case of a former mountain biker kicking ass again. i like him, and i ride cannondale as well. but i didnt realise he is only 22. so i would say godsend.

and people moaning about his victory celebrations need to calm down!

if i won my first ever tdf stage on the first day i would be doing back flips

farrell replied to russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes
russyparkin wrote:

I'd be windmilling my cock over the handlebars.

russyparkin replied to farrell | 11 years ago
0 likes
farrell wrote:
russyparkin wrote:

I'd be windmilling my cock over the handlebars.

i would like to do that but it would take me 30 minutes to un-roll mine  2

SideBurn | 11 years ago
0 likes

I admit that my first thoughts were,"I hope he is not chemically enhanced". I am convinced that cycling has a bad press because it is dealing with the problem. Other sports? Ermmmm?

farrell replied to SideBurn | 11 years ago
0 likes
SideBurn wrote:

Other sports? Ermmmm?

Lionel? Dr Fuentes will see you now...

Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes

Agree with step-hent. Again not digging at anyone. But what a sad state of affairs that anyone who wins is pretty much certain to get a finger of suspicion pointed at him.

Personally I think Sagan is a breath of fresh air.

Lost faith in t... | 11 years ago
0 likes

i still think he should keep a superman cape in his back pocket and as he is about to cross the line put it on and do the usual superman impression

Simon E | 11 years ago
0 likes

A very talented young athlete. Nothing more, nothing less.

What people choose to make of him / label him as will be another thing entirely.

cavasta | 11 years ago
0 likes

He's a character with stacks of talent to back it up with. More of the same please.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Awkward  10

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Awkward  10

daddyELVIS | 11 years ago
0 likes

From a Spanish butcher?

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Porridge and Weetabix?

AND LOTS OF STEAK

Some Fella | 11 years ago
0 likes

I dont trust him. He's a wrong'un.

0 likes

Porridge?

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

some people might say this and I couldn't possibly comment but............

considering he's won so many stages this year, do you think he might be using something more powerful than just Weetabix?

step-hent replied to londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes
londonplayer wrote:

some people might say this and I couldn't possibly comment but............

considering he's won so many stages this year, do you think he might be using something more powerful than just Weetabix?

Unless he's been at it since he was a kid, then no - he has been winning bike races (of all kinds) with his own particular flair for a number of years. I'd say he's just supremely talented (and I'll be enormously disappointed if that's not it).

Isn't it such a shame that when an exciting new talent comes through, everyone thinks he must be on the juice? That's not a dig at you, londonplayer, just a comment on the sorry state of the sport in past years...

0 likes

Absolutely fantastic - just what cycling needs! Love his interviews in English too.

The one where he unclipped his foot and still won was amazing - in the Tour de Suisse - went around corner with too much speed in the bunch, so unclipped and put foot down bmx-style, clipped back and sprinted to victory!  13

Cooks | 11 years ago
0 likes

I love him. He's amazing.

fizzyd | 11 years ago
0 likes

Designed a t-shirt/hoody for any who deem him to be a true godsend...

http://www.redbubble.com/people/lethalfizzle/works/9065199

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Did you see this on his wiki page?

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I wouldn't say he's either. He's a young guy making waves and he's clearly enjoying himself... much like another young guy who made waves, enjoyed himself then went and won a world championship.

He's great for the sport and hopefully he'll continue winning although Tourminator might be a push, and he'll definitely never be the Tourmalet-or.

Mostyn | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sagan, is a talent that's not been seen since the likes of Merckx or the big Mig. His English Language will improve; and he could win the tour? well, one day.

pepita1 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Godsend. And he's on my team!

SideBurn | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just been reading about him on Wikipedia  39 Winning a championship race on a bike borrowed from his sister  13 Winning a sprint after pulling his foot out of his pedal  13 No handed wheelies  13 .....  39 Bit of a no-brainer for me. Godsend

Latest Comments