Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TdF stage 3

Greenedge boss says Goss is aiming for stage win today! Last 700m at 7% - is he telling the truth or bluffing and hoping Albasini will slip under the radar? I was planning on bringing Goss in for Chavanel tomorrow - do I stick to my guns or make the change a day early?  39

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

72 comments

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Go go go Chavanel!

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

This is getting worse and worse for my team, bye bye valverde

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Wow! Great finish.

0 likes

oh dear wiggins looses 45 seconds

0 likes

Albasini 5th! Got lucky there - if Gerrans had been in the main group it might've been him going for it instead...

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sagan is Beast

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

I had a cracking day today.  1  1

0 likes

only sagan scoring for me, i give up already

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well that didn't go to plan. Plenty more stage to come though...

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

He was definitely involved, he hit the deck

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

1st and 4th, not amazing but could have been so much worse.

Wiggins only lost 1 second on Sagan, nothing on his major rivals, Froome lost another 2 minutes though so he's no longer much of a backup plan.

0 likes

ok they have now changed the GC back to normal

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ryder's still in it.

Beast

0 likes

Fingers crossed for Brad - it definitely looked from the replay that the crash was to blame. He looked like he coasted in, assuming that he would be given the same time - hopefully he hasn't misread the situation...

Good finish for me - missed the break but got 1st, 4th and 5th, plus some sprint points from van Hummel and even 3 mountain points for Gallopin!

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Oh, and Chris Froome finished with Wiggo

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

8/9 riders of mine scored points.  1

I know it sounds kind of awful, bu is it too late to go premium?

Lost faith in t... | 11 years ago
0 likes

1 Peter Sagan (Svk) Liquigas-Cannondale
2 Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor) Sky Procycling
3 Peter Velits (Svk) Omega Pharma-Quickstep
4 Fabian Cancellara (Swi) RadioShack-Nissan
5 Michael Albasini (Swi) Orica GreenEdge Cycling Team
6 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team
7 Nicolas Roche (Irl) AG2R La Mondiale
8 Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi
9 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Rabobank Cycling Team
10 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Liquigas-Cannondale

0 likes

By the way, if that was too boring for anyone, the Tour of Poland startlists are up! #afterthelordmayorsshow...

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

At least my research into Brice Feillu paid off - last man home.  16

0 likes

Wig Billy I salute you!

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hmmm, 4 cat 4s tomorrow, will Morkov go again?

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Nice day 154, Putting Morkov in saved me, Had Sagan and EBH too + Gallopin finally got some points  13

Simon_MacMichael | 11 years ago
0 likes

Re the finishing times given - bear in mind that fall, puncture or mech inside last 3km will get you same time as the riders you were with at the time.

Obviously there's a lag between the rider crossing the line in some cases minutes later, with their time in the provisional results recorded via their timing chip, and the time being manually adjusted afterwards.

That in itself doesn't apply if rider doesn't finish stage, in which case he is given last place on stage but time of riders he was with (happened to Phinney on Giro I think on the day Ferrari caused chaos.)

So organisers have to wait till a rider actually crosses the line before adjusting time/position, hence delay.

msw | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thank God for Bernaudeau and Morkov. Morkov 48 points today, Sagan 51!

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

I was only 10 off 200  4  19

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Here's the 3km rule to Wiggins, from Cycling Weekly:

Bradley Wiggins rolled over the finish line at least one minute behind winner Peter Sagan in Boulogne-sur-Mer today.

Gaps had opened up in front of him and had it been a straight forward run in to the line he would have lost a good amount of time to the likes of Cadel Evans and Vincenzo Nibali who finished in the top ten on the stage, just behind Sagan.

So why did Wiggins cruise the last 400 metres, looking calm and relaxed?

Because Wiggins knows of UCI rule 2.6.026. This states that 'In the case of a duly noted fall, puncture or mechanical incident in the last three kilometres of a road race stage, the rider or riders involved shall be credited with the time of the rider or riders in whose company they were riding at the moment of the accident. His or their placing shall be determined by the order in which he or they actually cross the finishing line.'

Wiggins was caught up (actually by one of his own team mates) when riders swerved to avoid the crash on the final climb at about 300m to go. He had to stop, put his foot down and get going again.

Wiggins rode in to the finish line slowly, conserving energy, as he knew he was safe, even though he didn't crash.

He came over the line in 53rd place and was given a time difference of one second to Peter Sagan, the same as his team mate Edvald Boasson Hagen, who finished second.

chrisdstripes replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

oh dear wiggins looses 45 seconds

He should be OK - the crash was in the last 3k...

chrisdstripes replied to Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes
Raleigh wrote:

8/9 riders of mine scored points.  1

I know it sounds kind of awful, bu is it too late to go premium?

Go for it! Would surely be the kiss of death for your team  3

chrisdstripes replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Hmmm, 4 cat 4s tomorrow, will Morkov go again?

Just wrestling with that myself. I need a DS, max 7.6, that I can bring in for Albasini and keep until the TT. Even if Morkov doesn't go for any more breaks, he should still be looking at 15-20 jersey points in that time, but the gambler in me wants to try someone else...

Raleigh replied to chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

By the way, if that was too boring for anyone, the Tour of Poland startlists are up! #afterthelordmayorsshow...

NB. Do not Hashtag away from Twitter.

It only brings to the surface your addiction.

Pages

Latest Comments