Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TdF Stage 2

An allout sprint is predicted. I've put Greipel in for tomorrow. I can't afford Cav. I would suspect many others are in the same position?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

40 comments

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not only does Kittel get dropped he has the audacity to finish SECOND TO LAST just to rub it in! What a bastard.

On another note, congrats to Cav and Sky, yet another win.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

That could not have gone any worse, i echo your anger at kittel drheaton...

Well what to do with my team now, i am a little annoyed at that

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, that couldn't have gone much worse really. Both transfers scored nothing and I don't know whether to cut my losses with Kittel now or stick with him. Cancellara is a problem as he's so bloody expensive! I may axe him and throw my whole budget at sprinters.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thats unfortunate, at least haedo finished 8th for me, but apart from that nothing

Well ive sorted a strategy to get either goss or greipel in for stage 4, by axing gallopin meaning all my ds's will be cheap.

But ive made 1 transfer for tomorrow in taking out kittel and keeping JJ haedo in. so i wont be strong for tomorrow but in theory my stars should be strong for stage 4. as i will have haedo, sagan and then 2 from the rest pretty much.

Wig_Billy replied to silas chime | 11 years ago
0 likes
silas chime wrote:

5th on yesterday's stage and now 11th on the TDF(4th premium).

Looking to consolidate with 2 pinch hitters just for today and more than likely reverse back tomorrow.

Cav(for Cancellara)
Greipel(for Boassen Hagen)
Sagan
Freire
Urtasun
Impey
Boeckmans
Cooke
Cantwell-dark horse today

sacrificing 28 GC points on current standings so just 1 of Cav or Andre to go top 3 pays for itself with any advance on that a bonus really(especially with a daily 15 down to 1 for the first fifteen in the intermediary sprint).

Nicely done.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

I got Morkov DS points, but probably loads of people did.

Annoying about

a). Kittel

Inexperience?

b). Sagan

Too much to ask for him to win back to back tour stages.

c). Cav

Where on earth did that come from.

d). Commentary

My Grandad's.  20

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well that was a bit average for me. Canc and sags got me a few pts. My tips pg tomorrow. Nothing like a nice sweet cuppa. So he,s in for tj.  20  7  7  7

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well that was a bit average for me. Canc and sags got me a few pts. My tips pg tomorrow. Nothing like a nice sweet cuppa. So he,s in for tj.  20  7  7  7

Debarrio replied to Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Re Kittel: no, upset stomach, so "running on vapors", as one Maverick from Miramar would put it. Should be ok for wednesday/thursday...?

silas chime replied to Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:
silas chime wrote:

5th on yesterday's stage and now 11th on the TDF(4th premium).

Looking to consolidate with 2 pinch hitters just for today and more than likely reverse back tomorrow.

Cav(for Cancellara)
Greipel(for Boassen Hagen)
Sagan
Freire
Urtasun
Impey
Boeckmans
Cooke
Cantwell-dark horse today

sacrificing 28 GC points on current standings so just 1 of Cav or Andre to go top 3 pays for itself with any advance on that a bonus really(especially with a daily 15 down to 1 for the first fifteen in the intermediary sprint).

Nicely done.

Thanks....my 2 transfers in gained 86pts so definitely happy with thatr  1

26th on the stage and 3rd in the tour now so going to stick with the plan and reverse yesterday's transfers for GC points.
On an unpredictable stage it's the safest thing to do although every fibre in my body is screaming Chavanel and Hoogerland I don't think they'll let either of them just go off down the road and I reckon there will be minimal time gaps come the finish.

Pages

Latest Comments