Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Legends of the TDF......whose yours....?

Gino Bartali....for me...
Just read a book given to me called "Road To Valor" about his wins pre and post war plus the Giro 3 times....during the war he worked with the Italian resistance cycling all over Italy delivering forged docs to help Jews escape the nazis. Awesome.
You tube review here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zuUlQTDiP4

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

farrell | 11 years ago
0 likes

Another vote for Abdoujaparov and also Marco Pantani.

RALPH 98 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Merckx for one simple gesture. After Ocaña's fall had taken him out of the race and gave the yellow jersey to Merckx he declined to wear it next morning in respect for the Spaniard. Can't imagine many riders doing that before, then, or now.

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

The ones that got me addicted to the TdF back when I was a kid...
Roche
Chiapucci
Abdoujaporov

daddyELVIS | 11 years ago
0 likes

Lance  9

trikeman | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well, for me it's got to be Thomas Voeckler. The sheer determination, guts and all out 'I aint gonna give up' attitude he showed last year is everything cycling is to me.
I couldnt help jumping out of the chair and yelling him on, especially on the climbs - tounge hanging out and gasping for breath, just like a little terrier, he just wouldn't give in.

Regards,

Trikeman.  3

HarveyMorcombe | 11 years ago
0 likes

tommy simpson  39

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've got a few, Thor Hushovd and Spartacus (of course).

Then, Hinault and Lemond.

Voigt is great as well.

Hoogerland.

Anyone who's from Colombia.

festival | 11 years ago
0 likes

Freddy Maertens.
He had an up and down career but won 7 stages and the green jersey the year i got into racing.
He was a tough Flandrian, but had a personality that appealed to me.

Kapelmuur replied to festival | 11 years ago
0 likes
festival wrote:

Freddy Maertens.
He had an up and down career but won 7 stages and the green jersey the year i got into racing.
He was a tough Flandrian, but had a personality that appealed to me.

Freddy manages the Ronde museum in Oudenaarde, even after 3 years in the job the electronic till still confuses him!

As I'm half Flandrian I'll have to nominate The Cannibal.

Latest Comments