Lidl offers..5th July.....workstand

by colhum1   June 29, 2012  

Lidl have some cycling offers..
5th July..... Work stand is reasonable
http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/offerdate.htm?offerdat...

8 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

I've been looking for a workstand, but they're pretty pricey, so been waiting for just such an offer to come up at either Lidl or Aldi. Thanks for the heads up.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice...

posted by notfastenough [3640 posts]
29th June 2012 - 8:41

0 Likes

I got one of these when they were last in store - very stable, a good weight and easly to use.

Tapered tubes need a bit of packing to grip solidly... I use thick 'pipe-lagging'.

Cycling Blog: www.amanonabike.co.uk
Twitter: @amanonabike

nemysys's picture

posted by nemysys [50 posts]
29th June 2012 - 9:28

0 Likes

i payed £39.75 for what look's identical to the Lidl's stand. Crying Crying

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004GHF4YU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Experience is how life catches up with us and teaches us to love and forgive each other

RobeH's picture

posted by RobeH [35 posts]
29th June 2012 - 13:45

0 Likes

I bought one from Lidl 2 years ago. I think it's brilliant for the money, Hafords do one for £99.99 but doesn't look any better. I've not used any other stand so I can't compare. I was happy using my turbo trainer to adjust gears or just turning the bike upside down, on the floor or on my Black and Decker - I only decided to buy a stand 'cos it looked a great buy for the money. I would not have spent much more....

posted by aljohn [5 posts]
16th July 2012 - 15:32

0 Likes

This seems like a good buy - it's really sturdy, those four legs aren't going anywhere. Agreed about a bit of lagging for the tube clamp, and the widget for holding the handlebars in place seems like a bit of an afterthought, but overall really pleased with it.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice...

17th July 2012 - 12:39

0 Likes

Well I splashed out too and I am surprised by the quality...very good.
My 'widget thing' to stabilise the wheel/ bars was missing though Surprise
Well with a 3 year guarantee..... I sent them an email on the Thurs night...
got a 'sorry' email back from Germany within an hour.
Saturday morning UPS on the door step with the part. Big Grin
Can't complain about that...!!!!

colhum1's picture

posted by colhum1 [98 posts]
17th July 2012 - 17:56

2 Likes

Blimey!

17th July 2012 - 19:35

4 Likes

This is happening again! Just grabbed one for 30 quid. Bear in mind it's a heavy and bulky bugger, so is a bit of an arse to get home if you're on your bike.

Also,

posted by bashthebox [762 posts]
12th July 2013 - 12:53

0 Likes