Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Lidl offers..5th July.....workstand

Lidl have some cycling offers..
5th July..... Work stand is reasonable
http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/offerdate.htm?offerdat...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

bashthebox | 10 years ago
0 likes

This is happening again! Just grabbed one for 30 quid. Bear in mind it's a heavy and bulky bugger, so is a bit of an arse to get home if you're on your bike.

Also,

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Blimey!

colhum1 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well I splashed out too and I am surprised by the quality...very good.
My 'widget thing' to stabilise the wheel/ bars was missing though  13
Well with a 3 year guarantee..... I sent them an email on the Thurs night...
got a 'sorry' email back from Germany within an hour.
Saturday morning UPS on the door step with the part.  4
Can't complain about that...!!!!

0 likes

This seems like a good buy - it's really sturdy, those four legs aren't going anywhere. Agreed about a bit of lagging for the tube clamp, and the widget for holding the handlebars in place seems like a bit of an afterthought, but overall really pleased with it.

aljohn | 11 years ago
0 likes

I bought one from Lidl 2 years ago. I think it's brilliant for the money, Hafords do one for £99.99 but doesn't look any better. I've not used any other stand so I can't compare. I was happy using my turbo trainer to adjust gears or just turning the bike upside down, on the floor or on my Black and Decker - I only decided to buy a stand 'cos it looked a great buy for the money. I would not have spent much more....

RobeH | 11 years ago
0 likes

i payed £39.75 for what look's identical to the Lidl's stand.  20  20

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004GHF4YU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

0 likes

I've been looking for a workstand, but they're pretty pricey, so been waiting for just such an offer to come up at either Lidl or Aldi. Thanks for the heads up.

nemysys replied to notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

I got one of these when they were last in store - very stable, a good weight and easly to use.

Tapered tubes need a bit of packing to grip solidly... I use thick 'pipe-lagging'.

Latest Comments