Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cannondale CAAD 8 tiagra or Cannondale Synapse Tiagra?

What is there, if anything, to choose between the Synapse Tiagra and the CAAD8 Tiagra?

Looked at the Specialized equivalents but the spec on the Cannondales overshadows them for the price. This will be a first venture into road biking from 30 years of mtb, brought about through a fitness need with the intention of participating in a few events (London to Brighton, duathlons etc)

Appreciate your views ahead of finding a LBD with a range of models for a comparative assessment

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

freelander | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for all the responses

Having tried both synapse and CAAD 8, I've opted for the latter with 105 set up - very pleased  1  1

prinzi | 11 years ago
0 likes

i ride a caad 8 and have made 3 changes to the set up - changed the wheels to mavic askium changed the saddle to selle italia xo and the stem length and angle to 90mm 6'and the ride is plush.Recently rode a very hilly 70 mile spotive in 5hrs no problems, the bike feels racy and is very responsive i like it a lot and will endeavour to upgrade components as needs - hope this is helpful and good luck

russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes

caad8 is lighter (only just) and is a bit more aggressive and stiff compared to the synapse. i ride a caad10 and use if or every type of road riding including a recent 106mile sportive.

its lovely, i chose it for various reasons, 1. price was amazing and 2 everyone and their gran has a specialized so nice to be able to find my bike easily at a cafe stop

81bambi | 11 years ago
0 likes

Check the review on here to! http://road.cc/content/review/50515-cannondale-caad8-tiagra road CC gave the caad8 4.5 stars out of 5 and its got lots of useful info about the bike in it which might help u choose! Good luck both very nice bikes!

Marauder | 11 years ago
0 likes

In last months Cycling Active there was a review of the CAAD8 Tiagra and got 92% if that is any help for you.

Lost faith in t... | 11 years ago
0 likes

both really nice bikes. The cannondale is more aggressive positioning (lower front end)

the synapse is a more comfortable bike on distances but less aggressive. it also has a really smart s.a.v.e design in the chain stays which help absorb road vibrations.

best bets is sitting on them see which positioning you prefer.  1

Latest Comments