Home

I have just completed a few assignments as a mystery shopper, and ended up with a few free bets at Ladbrokes. I was just wondering if anyone bets on cycling, or what you would bet on if you did? I've already bet on Wiggins to win TdF GC at 5/4 and Cav to win Olympic RR at 2/1, which I think were pretty crap odds. Just to make it interesting I placed a bet on Wiggins to win KOM at 80/1. Anyway, just wondered if other people bet too.

6 comments

Raleigh [1665 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I think stage wins are quite fun to do, I've made lists of stage winners each day for the last three Grand Tours.

I wouldn't have made a profit if I'd put £1 on each though  2

chrisdstripes [1716 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I had a tenner on Hesjedal to win the Giro at 40/1, and haven't bet since - probably pushing my luck. Each-way on time-trials is probably worth a go - if it doesn't rain halfway through then I find those are the easiest stages to predict...

veseunr [256 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I make a small profit from cycle betting .... enough to buy my Canyon SLX last year. I backed Wiggo at 25-1 and 20-1 last November to win a few £k. Might lay some on Betfair as he is 6-4 and shorter now.

Best (but not biggest) was £5 on Rein Taaramae to win the Vuelta stage last year when Cobo's team mate was with him. Rein was 75-1 with Betfair!!

Another big win was Cav at 12-1 for WC .... he was about 4-1 by the start.

Backing Sagan .... not big odds but he wins stages!!

Marauder [274 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
veseunr wrote:

I make a small profit from cycle betting .... enough to buy my Canyon SLX last year.

he says.

Doesn't sound like a small bet to me Veseunr  4 .
Well done.

Darthshearer [134 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I got Wiggo at 9/1 in Jan for the Tour, very happy  1

Last year I put £20 on Evans in Jan @ 25/1 so I was a rather happy bunny  1

This year:

£10 on Wiggo @ 9/1 - Placed in Jan
£1 on Gesink @ 12/1 - Placed on podium
£1 on Tony Martin @ 20/1 to be placed on Podium

Darthshearer [134 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Apparently someone has put £10k on Wiggo winning  31