Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Betting on cycling

I have just completed a few assignments as a mystery shopper, and ended up with a few free bets at Ladbrokes. I was just wondering if anyone bets on cycling, or what you would bet on if you did? I've already bet on Wiggins to win TdF GC at 5/4 and Cav to win Olympic RR at 2/1, which I think were pretty crap odds. Just to make it interesting I placed a bet on Wiggins to win KOM at 80/1. Anyway, just wondered if other people bet too.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Darthshearer | 11 years ago
0 likes

Apparently someone has put £10k on Wiggo winning  31

Darthshearer | 11 years ago
0 likes

I got Wiggo at 9/1 in Jan for the Tour, very happy  1

Last year I put £20 on Evans in Jan @ 25/1 so I was a rather happy bunny  1

This year:

£10 on Wiggo @ 9/1 - Placed in Jan
£1 on Gesink @ 12/1 - Placed on podium
£1 on Tony Martin @ 20/1 to be placed on Podium

veseunr | 11 years ago
0 likes

I make a small profit from cycle betting .... enough to buy my Canyon SLX last year. I backed Wiggo at 25-1 and 20-1 last November to win a few £k. Might lay some on Betfair as he is 6-4 and shorter now.

Best (but not biggest) was £5 on Rein Taaramae to win the Vuelta stage last year when Cobo's team mate was with him. Rein was 75-1 with Betfair!!

Another big win was Cav at 12-1 for WC .... he was about 4-1 by the start.

Backing Sagan .... not big odds but he wins stages!!

Marauder replied to veseunr | 11 years ago
0 likes
veseunr wrote:

I make a small profit from cycle betting .... enough to buy my Canyon SLX last year.

he says.

Doesn't sound like a small bet to me Veseunr  4 .
Well done.

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

I had a tenner on Hesjedal to win the Giro at 40/1, and haven't bet since - probably pushing my luck. Each-way on time-trials is probably worth a go - if it doesn't rain halfway through then I find those are the easiest stages to predict...

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think stage wins are quite fun to do, I've made lists of stage winners each day for the last three Grand Tours.

I wouldn't have made a profit if I'd put £1 on each though  2

Latest Comments