Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Condor Frame or "off the peg"?

Advice please!

Getting fitter now so looking to suppliment the Ribble winter trainer with a bike to join my local club with, but also to start doing 'sportives'. Been looking at Cube Agree and other similar bikes, but have an opportunity to have a custom build on a Condor frame which could work out very similar on the money side of things. Frames mentioned were the 'Italia', 'Squadra' and the more expensive 'baracchi'.Not intending to be a racer so comfort over the longer distances more of a priority.

Which way would you guys go?

Thanks!  1

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

33 comments

harman_mogul | 10 years ago
0 likes

Most of the roadies in the Central London CTC club have at least one Condor bike. The commonest is the Fratello, a do-it-all clubman's (and woman's) steel bike. You have to be pretty good to actually need better. Several also have a Baracchi and are not complaining.

Condor is not by any means London's cheapest but it is knowledgeable and unfailingly helpful. It will build the right bike for you and set it up properly. In my opinion, and that of its many satisfied customers, that is worth paying for.

By all means specify and build your own bike, if you have the skill and tools...and be aware that final set-up, as ever, is subject to the Pareto principle!

thereandbackagain | 10 years ago
0 likes

The Fratello is a great bike, a proper all rounder that covers you from light touring right through to club rides via commuting. I'd take that over the Acciaio any day of the week.

You can easily build one up that will be as light as the Acciaio, but has the added utility of being able to handle full mudguards and a rack if you want. Buy the frameset off them and source the rest of the parts yourself and you'll be able to spend the significant savings on upgrades, if that's what you want.

gazer117 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hi, County Cycles are are a good bike shop, but they'll set you up properly on the bike if you wish. I've bought plenty of stuff from them before.

Pages

Latest Comments