Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Condor Frame or "off the peg"?

Advice please!

Getting fitter now so looking to suppliment the Ribble winter trainer with a bike to join my local club with, but also to start doing 'sportives'. Been looking at Cube Agree and other similar bikes, but have an opportunity to have a custom build on a Condor frame which could work out very similar on the money side of things. Frames mentioned were the 'Italia', 'Squadra' and the more expensive 'baracchi'.Not intending to be a racer so comfort over the longer distances more of a priority.

Which way would you guys go?

Thanks!  1

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

33 comments

WolfieSmith | 11 years ago
0 likes

Buy the Condor. You won't regret it. Any of those mentioned are great. The new Super Accaio is worth a look as well. I bought my first Condor in 1995. I have three. Aside from perhaps a heritage Colnago I wouldn't ride anything else as a summer bike. I potter down the shops on the 1995 Italian and I race on a Moda. They are classy bikes and a very good British company.

WolfieSmith | 11 years ago
0 likes

Buy the Condor. You won't regret it. Any of those mentioned are great. The new Super Accaio is worth a look as well. I bought my first Condor in 1995. I have three. Aside from perhaps a heritage Colnago I wouldn't ride anything else as a summer bike. I potter down the shops on the 1995 Italian and I race on a Moda. They are classy bikes and a very good British company.

russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes

hmm depends how confident are you about your custom geometry? im not yet, been through 4-5 frames of various sizing. happy with the current bike but wouldnt commit to potentially making a unique to me frame even now.

have you ridden any of the bikes at all yet?

i after doing lots of ebay impulse buys decided a budget and rode about 15 bikes and over a decent distance before settling on my final choice.

i do have a soft spot for condor though... a guy at my club has the fratelli in orange. it is tooooo sexy

do what you think is best, everyone and their grannys grans gran has a specialized so if you turn up with a condor you wont need your name on it for the cafe stops. cubes have always impressed me as well

f==k it! buy a condor, infact buy 2 and i will give you my address to send the other one!

Pages

Latest Comments