Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Halfords Fantasy Comp.

Halfords are again running their fantasy comp. this year. So you can legally run 2 teams without Dave getting wound up  4

Does anyone understand their rules about TT's? From what I've read, your riders score no points in time trials. That doesn't make any sense though? And what about the Prologue - does that count as a TT?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

94 comments

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Loving the rider prices, Petacchi costs nearly 4x what Kittel and Rojas cost... likewise Goss is cheaper than Farrar.

Long live road.cc

STEVESPRO 79 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Im in now.....Looks like the site is as efficient as it was last year....  2

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Your team is in steve i believe although it doesnt show me the teams that are in once they have been accepted

0 likes

Seems you dont need a password according to Dave  39

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hmm, good plan, I'm bored, might throw together a sprint team and leave it be. I reckon there'll be more competition for the TTs so I might pinch a sprint stage if I'm lucky.

0 likes

the last line of this shows how much they care about the scoring

"No points are scored for any rider or team for Team Time Trial stages. The ONLY results used for the game are those initially reported by the key news agencies. If any decision is reversed from what was initially reported we will NOT amend the points already applied to teams"

Im not bothered about it this year eitehr but just threw together a team as it means not doing any work

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I ran a team last year in the road.cc league only to forget about it after a couple of days and ended up getting shouted at because I was bring our league score down  2

I doubt I'll bother this year.

0 likes

Right I have created one, its just called Road.cc

dont know if the password is set or not, but if it is it should just be road.cc

dave atkinson replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

i'm in; it didn't want a password

keith roberts replied to dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

sounds stupid dave but i cant find the league on the league page....am i being dense....where is it?

TERatcliffe26 replied to keith roberts | 11 years ago
0 likes
keith roberts wrote:

sounds stupid dave but i cant find the league on the league page....am i being dense....where is it?

Do you not just search Road.cc and then click to join that league?

keith roberts replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

no ter, its just me being a numbskull and trying to enter a league on the wrong website! D'oh!
Grovelling apologies dave!  7

STEVESPRO 79 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Unable to join,saying incorrect password....

manxfelipe replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Just added my team to the 'league application queue', is there a prize for the best 'league of leagues'?

0 likes

Im submitted a team to try and win the prologue, as i know i will give up caring after a couple of days, especially with road.cc TdF and the TdP coming up

0 likes

im unsure....

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

anyone made a road.cc league yet?

AJWatson replied to dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

anyone made a road.cc league yet?

Myself and a few guys from work have.

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Oh dear, it looks really bad. I've picked a prologue team, I might just log on every few days and make a load of transfers for whatever the next stage is. The road.cc game is approximately 8 million times better.
Good team tho...
Cancellara
Boasson Hagen
Grivko
Chavanel
Larsson
Sagan
Zabriskie
Kessiakoff
Martin (not Dan)
I'm convinced Wiggins is going to win the prologue but for some reason haven't picked him. Only just noticed that. Hmm.

manxfelipe | 11 years ago
0 likes

Does anyone know if the bonus stage counts towards the points for the stage prizes? If it does then it probably means you'll only get 1 chance to win a stage which will be on the day you use the bonus! Can't find this clarified anywhere on the site..

sanderville | 11 years ago
0 likes

They keep emailing me to play again this year, sending me my username and password, but when I try to login I get "invalid username or password". Can't be arsed.

Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes

Won a stage last year and got a Garmin shirt and bottle, both of which I use. But the prizes for stage wins are good so just go for one of those.

STEVESPRO 79 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Giving it a go in the hope that it is better run than last year.....Anyone set up a mini league,then please give me a shout....

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

You can't run a road.cc team and Halfords team, it's against the rules.

(kidding)

JAndrewHill replied to dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

You can't run a road.cc team and Halfords team, it's against the rules.

(kidding)

Can I please submit my halfords squad (see above) in the road.cc league... please please please...

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Good god, the tour now consists of 21 matches and 180 players does it?!

I think it means that you can transfer and score the next day. The bit about the following weekends matches is another hangover from a FF game.

My club has set up a league on there, suppose I should give it a go, but not scoring on TTs? I'll just leave out Wiggo and Evans then eh?!

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've picked . . .

Philippe Gilbert,
Bradley Wiggins,
David Zabriskie,
Simon Gerrans,
Rui Costa,
Samuel Sanchez,
Peter Sagan,
Brett Lancaster,
Edvald Boasson Hagen,

Rvizzle | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've set up a team, but probably won't be touching it during the tour, as it just seems a bit aggy. FC on here seems infinitely better.

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

on transfers, the FAQ's say

"Can I transfer cyclists between stages?

Yes, but you will not score any points for the new players that you transfer into your team until the following weekend of matches. All transfers which are made by 09.00 BST each day will be eligible to score points for that stage. Any cyclists transferred after this time will not score points until the next eligible stage they ride in."

anyone understand what that means?

Marauder replied to londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes
londonplayer wrote:

on transfers, the FAQ's say

"Can I transfer cyclists between stages?

Yes, but you will not score any points for the new players that you transfer into your team until the following weekend of matches. All transfers which are made by 09.00 BST each day will be eligible to score points for that stage. Any cyclists transferred after this time will not score points until the next eligible stage they ride in."

anyone understand what that means?

I sent them an email asking them to change the wording as it sounds like it has been taken from a footy fantasy team.
Sounds like they haven't bothered yet then.

Pages

Latest Comments