Halfords Fantasy Comp.

by londonplayer   June 23, 2012  

Halfords are again running their fantasy comp. this year. So you can legally run 2 teams without Dave getting wound up Big Grin

Does anyone understand their rules about TT's? From what I've read, your riders score no points in time trials. That doesn't make any sense though? And what about the Prologue - does that count as a TT?

93 user comments

Latest 30 commentsNewest firstBest ratedAll

We can't join the Halfords road.cc league (via sbs version of game). Looks like it's Aussies vs Brits, just like the real thing.

posted by cherrypicked [154 posts]
29th June 2012 - 21:37

like this
Like (1)

And Nibali.

Oh, and Sagan to win all jerseys.

Sir Velo

Raleigh's picture

posted by Raleigh [1728 posts]
29th June 2012 - 21:59

like this
Like (1)

keith roberts wrote:
sounds stupid dave but i cant find the league on the league page....am i being dense....where is it?

Do you not just search Road.cc and then click to join that league?

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3785 posts]
29th June 2012 - 22:03

like this
Like (1)

no ter, its just me being a numbskull and trying to enter a league on the wrong website! D'oh!
Grovelling apologies dave! Confused

keith roberts's picture

posted by keith roberts [179 posts]
30th June 2012 - 10:11

like this
Like (1)

P.s. Road.cc's game is much better! Smile

keith roberts's picture

posted by keith roberts [179 posts]
30th June 2012 - 10:13

like this
Like (1)

The Halfords rules really aren't particularly clear. Am I right in thinking that if I make transfers now my team as it was at 9am will score points and my changes will apply for tomorrow? I'm worried that if I start making transfers for tomorrow only 4 or 5 of my riders for today will be scored rather than the 9 as at 9 this morning.

posted by drheaton [3429 posts]
30th June 2012 - 10:53

like this
Like (1)

drheaton wrote:
The Halfords rules really aren't particularly clear. Am I right in thinking that if I make transfers now my team as it was at 9am will score points and my changes will apply for tomorrow? I'm worried that if I start making transfers for tomorrow only 4 or 5 of my riders for today will be scored rather than the 9 as at 9 this morning.

I think what you say first is right, if you make any transfers now they wont apply till tomorrow. thats how understood it anyway

30th June 2012 - 11:45

like this
Like (1)

I think I'm playing too many fantasy games... Anyway, I've applied for the road.cc league - team name is Voigt Club.

posted by Wig_Billy [574 posts]
30th June 2012 - 12:55

like this
Like (1)

Any idea how many weeks it usually takes halfords to update their scores?

30th June 2012 - 17:48

like this
Like (1)

they may be done by the 22nd of July at a guess

30th June 2012 - 18:03

like this
Like (1)

Has anyone worked out how ma y pts their team won in the halfs game?..

J Andrew Hill

Its a marathon, not a snickers

JAndrewHill's picture

posted by JAndrewHill [1209 posts]
30th June 2012 - 18:46

like this
Like (1)

Hahaaaa.

Voigt Club.

Classic name

Sir Velo

Raleigh's picture

30th June 2012 - 18:47

like this
Like (1)

Officially within forty eight hous of the stage finish...its in their faqs.
What does road.cc say

J Andrew Hill

JAndrewHill's picture

30th June 2012 - 18:50

like this
Like (1)

We focus on 'quick' with 'accurate' a distant second Smile

Did them from the campsite today, very jolly

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7256 posts]
30th June 2012 - 19:01

like this
Like (1)

JAndrewHill wrote:
Has anyone worked out how ma y pts their team won in the halfs game?..

I think I have 154/164, unless i'm reading it wrong and its only your bonus team that gets you points on your bonus stage?

I've confused by that, Do my riders get double? If not then then it shall be less. So anything from 91-164 Thinking

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8698 posts]
30th June 2012 - 19:25

like this
Like (1)

I make it 106, kinda wish today had been my bonus day but it isn't.

30th June 2012 - 19:40

like this
Like (0)

OR, I could just NOT understand this game at all and i've scored 200 Thinking

Only 102 behind the leader overall and only 3rd in the mini league Crying

Gkam84's picture

30th June 2012 - 21:00

like this
Like (1)

My bonus stage is sunday...team is stacked with puncheurs....who pro bably save their legs for week two
Big Grin Big Grin

J Andrew Hill

JAndrewHill's picture

30th June 2012 - 23:21

like this
Like (1)

Gkam84 wrote:
OR, I could just NOT understand this game at all and i've scored 200 Thinking

Only 102 behind the leader overall and only 3rd in the mini league Crying

Did you include the 2 points per rider for completing the stage, and Cancellara will have got 9 extra points, 6 for being in yellow, 3 for being in green.

1st July 2012 - 10:24

like this
Like (1)

Yeah i did the 2 per rider. I don't see how he get the 6 and 3 because it says "retaining" So that should kick in from today. You can retain something that you didn't have to start with Thinking

Gkam84's picture

1st July 2012 - 11:21

like this
Like (1)

The rules aren't clear but I'm pretty sure Cancellara gets those as I included them when I worked out my score and got it spot on. I assume they award them much like the road.cc game does and whoever's in the jersey at the end of the day gets the points.

1st July 2012 - 12:05

like this
Like (1)

Is there a way to view tables of individual stage scores, or even find out what score the leader has? I can't seem to find anything I want to on the stupid badly designed website!

2nd July 2012 - 10:12

like this
Like (1)

Wonder why my team did not register until after the prolog yet the prolog was my bonus stage? have mailed them no reply yet! Not very happy but will try joining the Road mini league

posted by petescales [32 posts]
3rd July 2012 - 17:30

like this
Like (1)

Even though I'm not a forum regular, I've joined in the league too, hope no-one minds. I'm a purist in the road.cc fantasy game but trying out this transfer lark in the halfords game. Team name is Rich's Rouleurs

posted by Kingrolo [36 posts]
5th July 2012 - 13:44

like this
Like (1)

Welcome!

I'm actually kind of enjoying the Halfords game at the minute, having all your transfers in one lump at the start of the week is interesting and a different approach. It allowed me to gut my team after the first two stages and set up a full sprint team but it's going to be really difficult when we get to the changeable terrain, 7 transfers a week is nothing and it'll difficult to balance it all out. Plus, I brought in Kittel and Rojas for stage 2 and have no transfers left Crying

5th July 2012 - 13:48

like this
Like (1)

Kind of lost interest in this.

Who's winning?

Sir Velo

Raleigh's picture

5th July 2012 - 16:04

like this
Like (1)

I'm doing really badly and used up all my transfers - so am just waiting til tomorrow before I log on again and decide what to do...

Pretty sure I have Kittel, which can't be good...

chrisdstripes's picture

posted by chrisdstripes [1540 posts]
5th July 2012 - 16:08

like this
Like (1)

I'm winning! Big Grin

Not by much though, 90th overall around 80 points back from 1st. Had a cracking bonus stage but been flagging for the past couple of days and I've got Kittel and Rojas who are both out. I'm waiting for new transfers too so I can re-do my team for the weekend/time-trial.

It's not as bad as I expected, a different challenge but still fun, not as good as road.cc overall and the UI is god awful but I'll probably see it through to the end.

5th July 2012 - 16:12

like this
Like (1)

I'm doing a lot better in this competition than I'm doing on here. Currently 2nd in the Road.cc league.

posted by Wig_Billy [574 posts]
5th July 2012 - 17:01

like this
Like (1)

dave_atkinson wrote:
i'll drum up some socks for the winner of our league, eh Smile

Can't believe it, finally managed to top a league and it was on another site! So do I win a pair of Road.cc socks as per?? Wink

posted by manxfelipe [57 posts]
22nd July 2012 - 23:38

like this
Like (1)