REcycle your Gel Wrappers?

by andylul   June 22, 2012  

http://www.gelwrappers.com/

Too much effort? Doesn't say what they do with them. Anyone heard anything about them? BikeFood seem to be endorsing it via Twitter

5 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

From what i can see, they just bin them for you and its free advertising for Bikefood to give their gels away and you might start buying them instead.

I tried a bikefood gel once, gaaaaads.

"We dispose of the waste in the best way possible" IN A BIN?? Not by the side of the road Devil

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [9034 posts]
22nd June 2012 - 11:48

3 Likes

Yep, they either bin or incinerate them for you. Possibly better than ending up in my local landfill. Mind, if I had an openfire/woodburner I'd do it myself. It really doesn't take too much effort toshove these bad boys back in your pocket/shorts. Even better to do it the old way and stop at a cafe!! Gkam how's the tasting going btw?

giff77's picture

posted by giff77 [1068 posts]
22nd June 2012 - 12:59

6 Likes

I found a good way of dealing with gels. I use a small squeezy bottle (dessert sauce dispenser) cut the tops off and pour in the night before ride no messy pockets, no road side litter, simples.

FATBEGGARONABIKE's picture

posted by FATBEGGARONABIKE [604 posts]
23rd June 2012 - 8:40

5 Likes

FATBEGGARONABIKE wrote:
I found a good way of dealing with gels. I use a small squeezy bottle (dessert sauce dispenser) cut the tops off and pour in the night before ride no messy pockets, no road side litter, simples.

I did that in the past with a small maple syrup bottle, but over time, I've found I don't use the amount of gel's I used to and ditched it, great for a LONG ride out though

Gkam84's picture

23rd June 2012 - 11:59

3 Likes

giff77 wrote:
Gkam how's the tasting going btw?

The tasting went fine, never really found something I could totally stick with 100% and have never bothered to publish my finding on here either, thats something to work on in my down time this week Wink

Gkam84's picture

23rd June 2012 - 12:00

3 Likes