Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

REcycle your Gel Wrappers?

http://www.gelwrappers.com/

Too much effort? Doesn't say what they do with them. Anyone heard anything about them? BikeFood seem to be endorsing it via Twitter

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Bob's Bikes | 11 years ago
0 likes

I found a good way of dealing with gels. I use a small squeezy bottle (dessert sauce dispenser) cut the tops off and pour in the night before ride no messy pockets, no road side litter, simples.

Gkam84 replied to Bob's Bikes | 11 years ago
0 likes
FATBEGGARONABIKE wrote:

I found a good way of dealing with gels. I use a small squeezy bottle (dessert sauce dispenser) cut the tops off and pour in the night before ride no messy pockets, no road side litter, simples.

I did that in the past with a small maple syrup bottle, but over time, I've found I don't use the amount of gel's I used to and ditched it, great for a LONG ride out though

giff77 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yep, they either bin or incinerate them for you. Possibly better than ending up in my local landfill. Mind, if I had an openfire/woodburner I'd do it myself. It really doesn't take too much effort toshove these bad boys back in your pocket/shorts. Even better to do it the old way and stop at a cafe!! Gkam how's the tasting going btw?

Gkam84 replied to giff77 | 11 years ago
0 likes
giff77 wrote:

Gkam how's the tasting going btw?

The tasting went fine, never really found something I could totally stick with 100% and have never bothered to publish my finding on here either, thats something to work on in my down time this week  3

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

From what i can see, they just bin them for you and its free advertising for Bikefood to give their gels away and you might start buying them instead.

I tried a bikefood gel once, gaaaaads.

"We dispose of the waste in the best way possible" IN A BIN?? Not by the side of the road  19

Latest Comments