Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de France Stage 1

Dave has written his preview for Le Tour so I thought I'd kick things off here.

Stage 1 is a *Prologue* followed by a Classics type stage (or is that a sprint?). Will you load your team with TTer's, sprinters or a bit of both?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

38 comments

TERatcliffe26 replied to JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

I read somewhere that cav has been getting in shape for box hill so would he try for the sharp finish on stg one or leave it for ebh? A nd then go for stg two which is flatter. Hmmmm  39  39

Cav really? yh but box hill is the finish, stage 1 is a 2.5km drag uphill, with more than half of that at nearly 6% no way will Cav be near the front for that in my opinion, as the attacks will unable to be controlled. Ive already given my two tips earlier in the thread

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

Any pg tips have thebenefit of pg being a belgian wanting to wear yellow at home....

d_jp | 11 years ago
0 likes

So just when I thought I had a team I was going to be fairly happy with... (until Saturday evening anyway  3 )... along came the weekend and the roster changes...

No Elmiger, who'd finished high up in the Tour de Suisse prologue nor Remi Pauriol who'd bagged a few points in the Paris-Nice prologue...

Hmm, so now what to do...?  39

JAndrewHill replied to d_jp | 11 years ago
0 likes

Geraint Thomas did well in the short prologue at the giro
. . . #ILikeToBeHelpful

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yup Elmiger messed up my team too.....

d_jp | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thanks J Andrew!...  39

.... hey ... wait a minute... Thomas isn't riding...

#ImNotFallingForThatOne

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, shame about Elmiger - I'm trying to find 3 cheap DS that are good all-rounders and always looking for a break, so I can just leave them in for the first week and not waste transfers - thought he was just the man.

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

Looks like Elmiger wasn't the secret weapon I thought he was  39

Pages

Latest Comments