Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de France Stage 1

Dave has written his preview for Le Tour so I thought I'd kick things off here.

Stage 1 is a *Prologue* followed by a Classics type stage (or is that a sprint?). Will you load your team with TTer's, sprinters or a bit of both?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

38 comments

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yes, the Giro prologue had some clear favourites in the DS list (Phinney, Larsson, Rasmussen etc) which isn't so much the case this time, so I might try to pick some good, cheap, all-round DS's for the first 4 days and just rotate my stars. Even the 3 DS's I have my eye on for the prologue haven't been confirmed to start yet, so I'm gonna leave it a few days until all the teams are in and have another look next week.

Watched the DVD review of TdF 2011 last night, so can't wait for next weekend now!

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

My prologue plans went up in smoke when Durbridge,Moser,Kelderman and Rasmussen weren't selected.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ive got my team in mind based on stages P and 1, gonna wing stage 2 to keep my team ready for stage 3, and then after stage 3 make some wholesale changes for the flat!

I tip a certain beligum for stage 3 and a certain aussie or spaniard for stage 1

londonplayer replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Ive got my team in mind based on stages P and 1, gonna wing stage 2 to keep my team ready for stage 3, and then after stage 3 make some wholesale changes for the flat!

I tip a certain beligum for stage 3 and a certain aussie or spaniard for stage 1

TER, you've started the ball rolling with the nationality cryptics..... ugh!

Considering there are bluffers guides widely published online on cycling websites, why not just mention them?

Gilbert, Gerrans and ?

TERatcliffe26 replied to londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes
londonplayer wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

TER, you've started the ball rolling with the nationality cryptics..... ugh!

Considering there are bluffers guides widely published online on cycling websites, why not just mention them?

Gilbert, Gerrans and ?

My bad, sorry LL Sanchez is the other, basically half my team is Prologue orientated with the other half people that may top 20 in the prologue but also could prosper on stage 1. Gilbert will not be in my team for the prologue however.

Maybe I should just name my team and be done with it. Just waiting on the participation of a vaconsoliel rider and an AG2R rider

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah its a proper prologue, and stages 1 and 3 also look quite tough to predict, so could be an interesting first few days...

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

it's a prologue, 6km or so

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I haven't looked at the stages yet, is it a TT or is it actually a prologue type stage? If it's short I'll probably stack sprinters as I find Prologue's more difficult to predict than proper TTs.

Pages

Latest Comments