"Send us an email"

by chrisdstripes   June 20, 2012  

When I click the "send us an email" link it doesn't work - is there an issue or is it just my browser?

Anyway - my email was just going to be asking how long it normally takes to get in touch with people who have won things in the fantasy game. I won a stage and the overall last week but not a peep!

Thanks, C

8 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Not sure if they give prizes for every stage and every tour. Usually just the bigger ones like the Giro/TdF and sometimes spot prizes depending on what they have kicking around road.cc towers.

I could be wrong though...

posted by drheaton [3429 posts]
20th June 2012 - 8:51

like this
Like (3)

oh, we'll find something for our criterium and tour de suisse winners, don't worry Smile

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7236 posts]
20th June 2012 - 9:12

like this
Like (2)

Thanks Dave! In future - maybe an automated email just to say "Congratulations you won a stage" might be a nice touch. Most of us (I assume) just play for fun, and to a certain extent bragging rights, as opposed to prizes, so the recognition for doing well would kind of round things off nicely.

chrisdstripes's picture

posted by chrisdstripes [1525 posts]
20th June 2012 - 9:26

like this
Like (2)

the problem with automating it is we're always getting the scores wrong Wink

Dave Atkinson's picture

20th June 2012 - 10:02

like this
Like (2)

if only we could automate that bit, eh

Dave Atkinson's picture

20th June 2012 - 10:02

like this
Like (2)

Could you not automate the process at the end of a tour?

I assume prizes are usually sent out post-race and with the drugs rules (riders caught mid race have all previous points removed) there's always the chance that points could change up until the end of the last stage.

posted by drheaton [3429 posts]
20th June 2012 - 13:39

like this
Like (1)

Purist prizes are limited to the Grand Tours though, right? I won the Giro but I'm not sure about the Tour de Suisse--I ended up in a tie and I don't know what the tiebreaker would be.

posted by TheBigMong [218 posts]
20th June 2012 - 14:24

like this
Like (1)

TheBigMong wrote:
Purist prizes are limited to the Grand Tours though, right?

right.

Dave Atkinson's picture

20th June 2012 - 14:31

like this
Like (5)