Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TDS Stage 8

Back up hill now although the bonus KOM points are not that good today with only one scoring climb before the finish.

In:Schleck,Montaguti,Vandborg
Out:Moser,Leipheimer,Cancellara

Team;
Rui Costa
Kreuziger
Schleck
Montaguti
Pinot
Anderson
Vandborg
Lofqvist
Isaychev

Hoping for a Spider or Montaguti breakaway.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

34 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

yh you have, when i saw he was in a breakaway i was thinking you would have the stage win wrapped up for today.

I also bought in leipheimer but only cost me 4 points as it was for rui costa

0 likes

So dropping albasini cost me 60 points and would have come second on the stage had I not done it. On a positive note inside the top 20 overall in he premium league

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

scores are in!

night!

thefatcyclist | 11 years ago
0 likes

zoot alors, I ave ze 5,6,7,11,12,14,17 not that it makes much difference. minor positions are worth nothing.

d_jp | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not going to get anywhere near challenging chrisdstripes or Wig_Billy but glad to get what should be some solid points today - seven in the top 20 including 1, 2 & 5  1

Looking forward to the TdF, but based on my Giro, I'm not expecting to get nervous at any point  3

0 likes

you taking him out is a slight consolation Alan for keeping you in sight in the overall, nice one chris, you should win it. cant see anything drastic happening tomorrow.

If it cost me the stage win i will be more disappointed.

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

although the TdS website is very comprehensive with pdf files showing full details of results, has anyone else noticed how desperataly slow they are at updating results?

in the grand tours, the top 10 or 20 is usually put up very quickly but in the TdS, a couple of hours is usually the norm. How did they ever make a living selling clocks and watches?  39

obutterwick | 11 years ago
0 likes

No probs, no rush. Thanks for the update.

0 likes

Cheers for letting us know Dave

0 likes

Still nutin. sorry folks, the scores will be up a bit later...

0 likes

official results aren't up yet, and i'm off out in a bit. hopefully they'll arrive before that, if not then they'll be up late  4

obutterwick | 11 years ago
0 likes

1, 3, 5, 9, 14. Happy for a change.

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

My mood just improved a bit - I fluked the last man home (Boeckmans).  1

0 likes

Same Wig, without that transfer of albasini for kiserlovksi i reckon i would have had the stage win!!!
as i called nieve correctly and had frank schleck so would have had 5 of the top 7 had i not made that 1 transfer.

we will see when the full results go up, he will have cost me about 30 points

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Albasini also spoiled my day.  2

0 likes

Think all my team except moser came in the top 20, could have been a great day  2 2,4,6,7 i think for me

0 likes

worst decision ever to take out albasini, that will see me plummet!

0 likes
Saintyl | 11 years ago
0 likes

worldwideweb. sportlemon.tv /v-4 /0/162/ v-416374. html

This is streaming well, french commentary, ignore the plug in ad at the start just click the x in the top right, you need to remove the spaces too.

0 likes

I have Albasini.

Think I might go and buy a lottery ticket after the race. Interesting because if I had had unlimited transfers, he would have been transferred out.

TERatcliffe26 replied to londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes
londonplayer wrote:

I have Albasini.

Think I might go and buy a lottery ticket after the race. Interesting because if I had had unlimited transfers, he would have been transferred out.

So frustrating it is, now rui costa has been dropped, its all going wrong!!

0 likes

not happy as i took out albasini!!!

Alan Tullett replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

So did I  20

chrisdstripes replied to Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

So did I  20

I kept him in, so think I should still be leading - one day to go so getting a bit nervous now...  1

Alan Tullett replied to chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:
Alan Tullett wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

So did I  20

I kept him in, so think I should still be leading - one day to go so getting a bit nervous now...  1

You'll get nervous when you're leading the TdF with a day to go.

For me, with little live coverage and lots of decent footy on, it's been a bit of a bore. Can't wait for a decent comp! Oh yeah TdF in a couple of weeks and the footy's finished by then so nothing to distract my attention.

thefatcyclist | 11 years ago
0 likes

Albasini???? this stage goes up hill to the end :I know he has some up hill palmares, but I would never have picked him.

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

And they have started. Not a cloud in the sky.

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think tomorrow's the day to take a risk so I played safe today - F.Schleck & Gesink in.

F.Schleck
Gesink
Rui Costa
Leipheimer

Moser
Chainel
Pinot
Boeckmans
Lofkvist

TERatcliffe26 replied to Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

I think tomorrow's the day to take a risk so I played safe today - F.Schleck & Gesink in.

F.Schleck
Gesink
Rui Costa
Leipheimer

Moser
Chainel
Pinot
Boeckmans
Lofkvist

In your position yes, Would like either you or chris to win, as your alway on the forum

STEVESPRO 79 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Is totally pi**ed off after just finding out that all Eurosport are showing is 30 mins highlights at 21.00 hrs...Good stage today as well...Grrrrrrr....

Pages

Latest Comments