Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TdS Stage 6

Well again not really any changes for my team today, gotta stick with all my 5 current DS's for the TT which may not be the best, but are needed for the mountains and thus going for the better TT stars for it

Today could be won by a breakaway or a another sprint i reckon

here goes

Rui Costa
Sagan
Davis
Rojas

Pinot
Caruso
Izagirre
Albasini
Moser

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

24 comments

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Awesome - stage win puts me in the lead overall! Some familiar names close behind me though so I don't expect to hold out for three more days...

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Congrats Chris, im up to 21st now bus still just over 100 points behind you, could still top 10....not looking in the best shape for tomorrow though

rcorbin | 11 years ago
0 likes

4th on the stage today. Hitting a purple patch at the moment

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

1st and 19th for me, but i'm purist with only 7 riders left  19

0 likes

Exactly, where is Rojas!!!!  2 buggar, still 1,3,4 is ok i guess as not many will have Davis i reckon

Debarrio | 11 years ago
0 likes

Where is Rojas  14 ?

0 likes

Is that Stybar in 11th as well? Bloody hell this has been a better day than I expected...

Debarrio | 11 years ago
0 likes

1 21 Peter SAGAN Liquigas-Cannondale 04:30:08 2 37 Ben SWIFT Sky Procycling 00:00:00 3 63 Allan DAVIS Orica GreenEDGE 00:00:00 4 61 Michael ALBASINI Orica GreenEDGE 00:00:00 5 11 Oscar FREIRE Katusha Team 00:00:00 6 156 Lloyd MONDORY AG2R La mondiale 00:00:00 7 104 Marco MARCATO Vacansoleil - DCM Procycling Team 00:00:00 8 182 Alessandro BAZZANA Team Type 1 - Sanofi 00:00:00 9 132 Matti BRESCHEL Rabobank Cycling Team 00:00:00 10 44 Francesco GAVAZZI Astana Pro Team 00:00:00 11 5 Zdenek STYBAR Omega Pharma-QuickStep 00:00:03 12 88 Greg VAN AVERMAET BMC Racing Team 00:00:03 13 133 Steven KRUIJSWIJK Rabobank Cycling Team 00:00:03 14 92 Jakob FUGLSANG RadioShack-Nissan 00:00:03 15 107 Wouter POELS Vacansoleil - DCM Procycling Team 00:00:03 16 81 Mathias FRANK BMC Racing Team 00:00:03 17 98 Frank SCHLECK RadioShack-Nissan 00:00:03 18 122 Rui Alberto FARIA DA COSTA Movistar Team 00:00:03 19 131 Robert GESINK Rabobank Cycling Team 00:00:03 20 55 Alex HOWES Garmin-Barracuda 00:00:03

0 likes

First five are Sagan, Swift, Davis, Albasini, Freire, so thats 1,2,4,5 for me - I'll take that! Rojas not in top 10.

TERatcliffe26 replied to chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

First five are Sagan, Swift, Davis, Albasini, Freire, so thats 1,2,4,5 for me - I'll take that! Rojas not in top 10.

Told you you had a good line up!!! you will top after tonight guaranteed, and a stage win too i reckon.

chrisdstripes replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
chrisdstripes wrote:

Told you you had a good line up!!! you will top after tonight guaranteed, and a stage win too i reckon.

Thanks TER! I'm way too pessimistic to expect the stage win, but looking at my nearest rivals I certainly look like I'm in with a chance of the lead...
Now, which TTers do I bring in? That Cancellara's meant to be quite good right?  3

0 likes

HH has defo abandoned

TheBigMong | 11 years ago
0 likes

Is it me or have there been a lot of false rumors about abandons as of late? Can't comment on HH--he hasn't made any mentions in the commentary so far.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I thought Heinrich Haussler had abandoned? He's still active in my team  39

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Montaguti is now best placed of the break overall at +10:33. Consequently, the gap has been allowed to go up - now at 3:20

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

From the ticker...

154km Rubens Bertogliatti seems not to want to jeopardize the success of his breakaway mates - he is letting them go and waits for the peloton. Maybe he was also obliged by his sport director.

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Break finally got away?

Baden Cooke (OGE),
Vicente Reynes (LTB),
Matteo Montaguti (ALM),
Rubens Bertogliatti (TT1).
Troels Rönning Vinther (SAX)

at 1:55 ahead. Bertogliatti is only 1:45 down on GC so they won't be allowed too much leeway.

0 likes

Thats a decent line up Chris

Ive got 4 transfers for the ITT, but gonna leave rui costa in and make 3 changes to my stars, allowing me 3 for the mountains where i wanna get rid of two of the stars im gonna put in as well as a DS

0 likes

I've made no changes so have 4 for the TT. Expecting to lose a bit of ground today unless I'm lucky enough to have someone in a break, but quite happy that I'll have a decent team for the last 3 days...

Currently...
Sagan, Swift, Freire, Rui Costa
Moser, Elmiger, Albasini, Stybar, Pinot

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

can i just confirm? if i don't use my 2 transfers they roll over to the next day giving me 4?
just that now we are in to the next transfer window it's still saying I've got 2?!

livestrongnick replied to livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

can i just confirm? if i don't use my 2 transfers they roll over to the next day giving me 4?
just that now we are in to the next transfer window it's still saying I've got 2?!

O.k no worries I've now got 4......  16

0 likes

I think davis will go for the sprint today for greenedge  3 but i have albasini as well if not.

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Although todays finish is up hill, i've kept transfers for tomorrow.  3

Rui Costa
Sagan
Freire
Kreuziger

Pinot
Lofkvist
Izagirre
Anderson
Duggan

Bringing in 4 Star TTs, 2 can climb and then bring 2 more climbers for sat & sun......  39

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've put Isaychev in for the KoM points and Albasini for the sprint.

My team is

Rui Costa
Sagan
Gusev
F Schleck

Isaychev
Albasini
Pinot
Lofkvist
Gavazzi

Latest Comments