Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Rollers or Turbo Trainer

Sorry if this has been raised multiple times before, but where I'm at has a dog slow internet connection and searching the forums is tedious.
I'm looking at buying a set of rollers or a Turbo Trainer for the forthcoming winter.
Which one is better for keeping my general fitness up, ready for Springtime?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes

rollers! more fun and invlolved but resistance is low. rollers will help your road skills.

samjackson54 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I agree with The Good Shephard. Turbo for sure. Turbo gives you more resistance, so is better for training. But if warming up is what you're after, then invest in some rollers.

The Good Shepherd | 11 years ago
0 likes

Rollers are good for warming up at an event, but a turbo is better for training over the winter. That's my take on the subject, anyway!

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think this is probably quite subjective. I've used rollers but never felt that confident on them. (To be fair, I was only young, maybe I would feel different now).

See this for a humourous look at the downsides of a Turbo:
http://road.cc/content/forum/59861-best-trainer-advert-ever-and-most-honest

My lame attempts at humour when discussing a roller-crash:
http://road.cc/content/forum/57932-rollers-accident

road ronin replied to notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Rollers everytime just for the ease of use.
Bike off your rack stand etc place on rollers start riding no need to change wheels tyres. the more you use them the more cofident you become
both can be very boring try to mix up the type of ride you do on them from intervals to contaant effort to just watching a DVD and riding for an hour
great when the weather is really bad outside and very quick and easy to use.

\\\\keep small children away the hypnotic spinning makes them want to remove fingers with your front wheel\\\\\

Latest Comments