Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

David Hinde Wheel Building

Has anyone had any experience with these guys?

I'm not one to name and shame but I'm having such bad service from them. Different excuse every time I call.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Simon E | 11 years ago
0 likes

A google search for 'Dave Hinde trading standards' should shed some light.

Their ebay account was removed after consistently leaving abusive feedback against dissatisfied customers whose orders were wrong, hugely delayed or not supplied (this and many other complaints have surfaced repeatedly on Bikeradar over the last few years). Their current ebay account has a fair few red marks.

+1 to ColT's post re. barge poles. There are lots of reputable people who deserve your money before those scumbags.

danmitch | 11 years ago
0 likes

Another vote for Harry Rowland - he built some super wheels for my tourer / commuter. Very friendly and helpful, fast turnaround too.

localsurfer | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've got a set of his wheels. Good price, but took ages to finish them and get them to me, and after a few hundred miles they weren't very tight, and spoke tension was all over the shop - no better than I could build myself really.

LBS needed to finish them off, but now they're great.

Some Fella | 11 years ago
0 likes

I asked a similar question on the CTC forum recently and decided to give him a swerve. On the surface everything seems hunky dory but you dont have to go very far to find bad feedback. May i recommend Rick Green in Handforth? Im presuming you are in the north west somewhere.

ColT | 11 years ago
0 likes

again
pole
with
touch
wouldn't
them
barge
a

Rearrange to suit.

Many years since I had the misfortune. Hard to believe they are still trading.

cat1commuter | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not used them, but that's because I've heard so many bad things about them on forums in the past!

I recommend Harry Rowland. If you want hand built wheels, I'd phone him for a chat about your requirements. He builds the wheels for Roberts Cycles.

Latest Comments