Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Is anyone actually riding today?

So, I went out this morning on my dad's mountain bike to watch an air sea rescue taking place in the North Sea. Helicopters and stuff...

Anyway, the wind there was proper ming, but on the way back I didn't pedal at all, the wind pushed me along all the way home.

Has anyone else ventured out today? I was thinking about going with the wind up the coast, and getting someone to pick me up when there, I reckon it will be a quick one, what with the 40 knots of wind.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Nothing's hard on a Pinarello.  19

I mixed things up today with a TASTY mountain bike ride, race cross country to the pub.

Needless to say, I came 2nd. My only reward a Big Tom and a packet of Scampi Fries.

It was kind of weird, I used my mum's mountain bike, which had BioPace.

Now my knees are f***ed up.

wheelz | 11 years ago
0 likes

yep,

rode a few easy miles one way, bloody hard miles the other way by the south coast.  39

HarveyMorcombe | 11 years ago
0 likes

I done a 35mile cycle ride down the coast, I flew down the coast averaging 25-35 mph. however it was killer cycling back home  14

Bob's Bikes | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've got a charidy ride to go to on Sunday can't wait! but I think there will be a fair few people taking one look at the weather in the morning and staying indoors.

RoadBikeRecomme... | 11 years ago
0 likes

I wouldn't have gone out yesterday if you'd paid me. Roads were littered with people's rubbish, bottles and tree branches. I do like the sound of that 50mph tailwind though  1

Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes

well, I cycled to work and back but that's only 5 miles. Didn't have time for anything else as youngest daughter was doing horse riding. Will go out tomorrow though if I can as I have a big ride (for me) in July and I need the training.

russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes

i rode this afternoon, actually blitzed a PB on a climb as the tail wind was immense, the head wind also wasnt to bad probably based on two factors- 1 i went out fully expecting it and 2. it was so consistent it wasnt patchy wind so you could get a rythm.

really genuinely enjoyed my ride today  1

oh and the sun was beautiful in plymouth, i suppose the joy of getting the brunt of the storm first

stuke | 11 years ago
0 likes

I commuted the 20 miles to work this morning with the rain and 50 mph tailwind - wet but fun  4

Riding home is going to be different story though!!

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Did you ride there?  19

cryocon | 11 years ago
0 likes

Unfortunately most people are at work.  20

Latest Comments