Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of Switzerland

Is this similar to the tour de suisse?

I can't work out who is the nearest to Wiggins in this race. . . i.e. a Top class climber who can time trial well. Maybe Kruiswijk?

And I predict we all transfer out the chap from Wohlen bei Bern with the Leccy bike after the time trial.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

TheBigMong | 11 years ago
0 likes

What happened to Tschopp? He was in there yesterday, now I wake up after the window closed and my purist squad is down to 8 guys.  2

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Fabian Cancellara (RSN)
Peter Sagan (LIQ)
Roman Kreuziger (AST)
Levi Leipheimer (OPQ)
Moreno Moser (LIQ)
Lars Petter Nordhaug (SKY)
Simon Spilak (KAT)
Kris Boeckmans (VCD)
Salvatore Puccio (SKY)

Hoping for a better start than I had in the Dauphine.

kafylou | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just logged on to find I had 3 mins to pick team PANIC went top 4 then from the bottom ran out of dosh quick adjustment all in 2 mins phew  32 good job im not on here to win lol

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

My team is based for tomorrow, and will get spartacus out, save a transfer then have 3 going into monday to get sagan et al in

Here goes

Cancellara
Mollema
Danielson
Velits

Caruso
Pinot
Gavazzi
Nordhaug
Izagirre

giff77 | 11 years ago
0 likes

My initial prolouge. Not expecting to atain dizzy heights of success mind  4
Roman Kreuziger (AST)
Ben Swift (SKY)
Tom Boonen (OPQ)
Fabian Cancellara (RSN)
Michael Albasini (GRE)
Simon Spilak (KAT)
Timothy Duggan (LIQ)
Alex Howes (GRM)
Giampaolo Caruso (KAT)

silas chime | 11 years ago
0 likes

Horner not racing messed my plans up a bit.However I'm happy with my starting line-up;

Cancellara
Velits
Leipheimer
Danielson
Konovalovas
Lofqvist
Kohler
Spilak
Albasini

northstar | 11 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just picked my provisional team and I'm pretty happy with it - only 1 rider I'm a bit unsure about.

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

Starts with the obligatory prologue type TT(hard to see past home hero Spartacus there),followed by a BIG mountain stage where perhaps Horner,Nieve and Gadret should shine.

There follows 4 Sagan/Haussler/Boonen type stages in the middle(Stages 3,4,5 & 6) where points can also be accrued by breakaway guys.

Stage 7 sees a longer bumpy TT(Spartacus or perhaps Velits?) before getting the oxygen masks back on for 2 Mountain stages with a HC and Cat 2 finish respectively

A couple of solid GC guys like Gesink,Mollema or even Roche might be my mainstays.

Possible DS's Kovalanonas,Navardauskas,Albasini,Bookwalter,Tschopp?

sanderville | 11 years ago
0 likes

What if Mr Cancellara started going up hills as fast as he goes down them? I'd be like the bloke off the Ladbrokes adverts.

As it is, I reckon my team is unstoppable in the Tour de Suisse. I can't believe I managed to afford the line-up that I have. I can't wait to rise up into the top third of mediocrity. My Swiss train is going to be like the Cassandra Crossing but this time the drugs will work!

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

It is the tour de suisse....

Mollema? Gesink? Leipheimer? Velits? Danielson?

Latest Comments