Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Great Manchester Cycle

I took part in the Great Manchester cycle on Monday and it was a treat to be on closed roads. Apparently it was not a race but no one told me and I spent the whole race overtaking people. I clocked 1:20:02 for 26 miles and came 90th.

I think like every one I could have gone faster if there was not such a blockage at the salford quays. That section needs a review if it comes back next year; which it should, great success and lucky it was cool, sunny and dry.

Well done to all who did the 52 miles, I will have to try this next year and make sure there aren't 800 people starting in front of me.

cheers, G

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

If you join British Cycling you get your own start area in front, but I'm not sure it makes that much difference (other than the obvious bit in Salford Quays) because the timing chip doesn't start the clock until you go over the line anyway.

I did 52 in 2:30:52, and yes, people were racing. I couldn't stay with the fast lads who were running a 30mph-ish front group.

Latest Comments