Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Looking for new saddle

I'm looking for a new saddle to replace my super comfortable Selle Italia prolink gel flow trans am, but after looking around the internet it looks like Selle have stopped producing it.

So I am hoping some of you better informed guys or girls can help me with some alternatives, but nothing delicate as I'm not a little chap, plus it's got to put up with my 25 mile commute plus weekend training rides as I'm set to do a couple of 80 - 100 milers later in the year. So thanks in advance.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

14 comments

russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes

my eyes! my eyes! my beautiful eyes! just looked up a rido..... fuckugly

paulfrank | 11 years ago
0 likes

Lots of stuff to think about and research, thanks  1

deej | 11 years ago
0 likes

Think Selle smp 209 is fantastic , no soft tissue issues even on 85 mile hilly rides. Not cheap but hey what price comfort ,
also its not gender specific great for men and women. Huge cut out check it out

AJWatson | 11 years ago
0 likes

I ride with the Fizik Alianti saddle and its pretty sweet. Best bet is to go down to the local shop, if you can, and try a few out.

andylul | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've had the Selle Italia C2 Gel for over a year and had no problems whatsoever - was thinking about a Gel Flite for my Best Bike (when I get round to ordering it) having considered a Fizik for many agonising hours, but I too suffer from [cough] a certain amount of numbness so a cut out for me is essential.

pirnie | 11 years ago
0 likes

If you're looking for something with a cutout then the Specialized Romin would be my recommendation. Looks uncomfortable as hell, and feels very hard initially but its amazingly comfortable for me. They're not massively expensive compared to some too.

PJ McNally | 11 years ago
0 likes

RIDO for me any day.

paulfrank replied to PJ McNally | 11 years ago
0 likes

Which RIDO saddle do you have? How many miles are you doing?

PJ McNally replied to paulfrank | 11 years ago
0 likes

Rido Mk1 - never got around to trying the Mk2. I've a glow in the dark one on my ugly town bike, and the black one on my better bike. It's a great saddle - I've done 100 mile rides on it in (relative) comfort. Compare that to other saddles where I'm sore at anything over 30-40 miles.

Probably it doesn't suit everyone. But the hard structure (no padding, just flex) makes perfect logical sense - and it works for me.

paulfrank | 11 years ago
0 likes

The fizik saddles do they have a centre cut out, as from the pictures I've seen I'm guessing not. I got my current selle because I was getting "dead dick"  31 from the original saddle. Are centre cut out saddles old hat now?

giff77 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Fzik highly recommended by me as well. Does great for my commute and extended rides  4

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Agreed

russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes

fizik arione is amaaaaaaazing

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

What about those new Fizik Saddles, the Kurve range?

Latest Comments