Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Dauphine Stage 1

Personally I think it will be a reduced sprint, the likes of EBH, Degenkolb and Gallopin you would expect to be there at the end

Ive gone for my secret weapon for this type of terrain and finish.

My one transfer was Ratto in for Roulston

So my team

Rogers
Martin
EBH
Degenkolb

Coppel
Gallopin
Kelderman
Durbridge
Ratto

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

26 comments

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

I went into a tailspin... I thought I missed the race this morning... cruel... very cruel  39

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Nothing like recycling an old post....  19

ray silvester replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Nothing like recycling an old post....  19

Don't do that to me GKam....thought I'd messed my days up and missed stage 1 of THIS YEARS version....which I guess is the reason for the Devil Face?

keith roberts | 11 years ago
0 likes

happy..ish! purist team got 40 odd points, changeable team scored 90 odd points,being beaten in the purist league at work by a guy who doesnt own a bike...pah!

it's certaintly a tough game to predict....  39

coffee_queen | 11 years ago
0 likes

Got 68 points today and shot right up the purists league for the Dauphine so I might just stick with this team on the off-chance it carries on this way

thefatcyclist | 11 years ago
0 likes

4  4  4
I scored 11 points and went up 168 places in the purist league.
What a game

Stumps replied to thefatcyclist | 11 years ago
0 likes
thefatcyclist wrote:

4  4  4
I scored 11 points and went up 168 places in the purist league.
What a game

I scored 27 points and dropped like a stone, your right, what a bloody game  14

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

54, although I was so hacked off with the deadline balls up yesterday I made 4 transfers, none of them came off (swapped Evans for EBH!) so I get hit with 40 penalty points and only get 14 for the stage  14

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

My purist team overtook me today...that says something...but I moved up the tables and have 2iggo for tomorrow. Looks like a breakaway again tomorrow, but I hope the xprinters haul them back.

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

My purist team overtook me today...that says something...but I moved up the tables and have 2iggo for tomorrow. Looks like a breakaway again tomorrow, but I hope the xprinters haul them back.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I make it I got 95 points, not sure how that is gonna stack up  39

Debarrio | 11 years ago
0 likes

1 Evans 2 Coppel 3 Kashechkin 4 Bouhanni 5 Gallopin 6 Bozic 7 Ciolek 8 Simon 9 Ratto 10 EBH 11. NERZ 12. GRIVKO 13. MORENO FERNANDEZ 14. MARTENS 15. MILLAR 16. NOCENTINI 17. LL SANCHEZ 18. VAN DEN BROECK 19. CARRARA 20. J VANENDERT

0 likes

2nd, 5th 9th and 10th for me, cant imagine that will be too shabby but who knows? ratto did me proud in 9th  1 Now the question is when do i get wiggins in? And how do I axe Rogers as i wanna keep Coppel  39

veseunr | 11 years ago
0 likes

Durbridge in second group so Brad in yellow.

veseunr | 11 years ago
0 likes

Evans
Coppel
Kasheskin
Bouhanni

is the first four home

Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes

DAMMIT I swapped Coppel too  14

Squiggle replied to Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes
Squiggle wrote:

DAMMIT I swapped Coppel too  14

TF it was for Tony Gallopin, so 4th and 5th anyway  18

Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes

Phew! Glad Irizar has been brought back as I swapped him for Bouhanni lastnight, still I imagine I've missed quite a few KOM points  2

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

If you can change your proxy to an australian one then go here

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/video/2227598449/stage-1-criterium-...

That's where I am watching it, seems to be the only place in English, the commentator isn't up to much though, He's saying things and you expect someone else to chirp up with an answer because he leaves a pause, but he's on his own  19

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

So you'll be even more delighted to know TER that Bernaudeau will be the KoM Jersey holder at the end of the day, now having 20 points  1

Break has 2.15 with 43.8km to go

I'm watching it on SBS Australia via proxy  3

noddy69 replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Is there a link to watch it?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Because its not being shown on TV much this year, I don't give much of a stuff about it at all. So playing purist. The only mistake I might have made was taking in Martin for Hincapie at the last minute, but we'll see.

Luis Leon Sanchez (RAB)
Bradley Wiggins (SKY)
Janez Brajkovic (AST)
Tony Martin (OPQ)
Luke Durbridge (GRE)
Andrey Kashechkin (AST)
Rémi Pauriol (FDJ)
Jerome Coppel (SAU)
Nicolas Vogondy (COF)

0 likes

This game can be so annoying at times.....

My team from the start had Zabriske in it and my breakaway guy bernaudeau.....so when zabriske pulled out i had to change, so put durbridge in and decided why not take bernaudeau out and put in gallopin.

Well not bernaudeau has topped the cat 2 climb and they have 9 minutes on the peleton

You could say my good luck in picking up durbridge has balanced with being unlucky and dropping bernaudeau.....so I blame Zabriske!

why could i not have kept both  20

nickobec | 11 years ago
0 likes

Tony Martin (OPQ)
Edvald Boasson Hagen (SKY)
John Degenkolb (ARG)
Simon Gerrans (GRE)
Michel Kreder (GRM)
Wilco Kelderman (RAB)
Luke Durbridge (GRE)
Lieuwe Westra (VCD)
Julian Simon (SAU)

Gerrans in for Rogers, Simon in for Coppel (Simon for today + Wednesday & Gerrans for tomorrow + a couple of sprint place, also part of the plan to get Wiggo in soon, the 9 points for 2nd in GC is tempting

JAndrewHill replied to nickobec | 11 years ago
0 likes
nickobec wrote:

Tony Martin (OPQ)
Edvald Boasson Hagen (SKY)
John Degenkolb (ARG)
Simon Gerrans (GRE)
Michel Kreder (GRM)
Wilco Kelderman (RAB)
Luke Durbridge (GRE)
Lieuwe Westra (VCD)
Julian Simon (SAU)

Gerrans in for Rogers, Simon in for Coppel (Simon for today + Wednesday & Gerrans for tomorrow + a couple of sprint place, also part of the plan to get Wiggo in soon, the 9 points for 2nd in GC is tempting

Shame about coppell doing so well today...

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Made only one change to my team

Wiggins
Gerrans
EBH
Jeannesson
Tankink
Westra
Iglinsky
Kluge
Roulston.

Decided to roll over a transfer to see how peoples legs are before i make sweeping changes.

Latest Comments