Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Garmin Edge 500 Upgrade Issues

I'm having a nightmare getting my Edge 500 to work after trying to upgrade to the new verison 3.0 firmware. Anyone else having problems?  14

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

dennis2424 | 11 years ago
0 likes

16 Love the g-10,have had it one year,no problems with update,works fine.
However,my specialized Robaix chainstays take a sharp turn inward,away from crank arm about 2 inches from bottom bracket,I had to fashion a 1/2 inch block of wood,
fasten it to the crank arm then mount the magnet on it to get close enough to the g-10 to activate it and keep it working.
I would have thought Garmin would have addressed this situation, Anyone else with a Robaix,use this solution.

Bagpuss | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yep.

Spent a lot of time on the phone today with some very helpful people at Garmin and mine's off in the post tomorrow to them.

My problem was that I didn't wait long enough after downloading the firmware upgrade (bored waiting, no message on the screen), then got the missing software message and nothing else. Completely dead.  2

RobeH | 11 years ago
0 likes

i had probs with the update,i had to delete 2 course on the unit and a garmin fit file which has sorted thank god  4

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

2.3's fine though isn't it?

I don't notice huge elevation differences to reality, and I don't use a power meter or 'workouts,' either.

What other new things have they added to the new update?

cautrey01 replied to Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes
Raleigh wrote:

2.3's fine though isn't it?

I don't notice huge elevation differences to reality, and I don't use a power meter or 'workouts,' either.

What other new things have they added to the new update?

There have been many releases since version 23 to address many issues as the product has evolved. Are you using 2.3 now and you seeing any issues?

cautrey01 | 11 years ago
0 likes

1st time I tried to upgrade, the unit froze at startup displaying the 'Software Missing' message which required special sfw sent by Garmin suport to fix - this defaulted the unit back to version 2.3. Every new attempt to upgrade freezes the unit with Loader Loading message. Quite a few people are reporting issues on Garmin forum.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Whats the actual prob?

Latest Comments