Anyone else having a problem PickIng a team??

by Wookster   May 31, 2012  

Can't get any riders up on the pick team page. I can see the points I have left etc but the stage bar is red and I have no riders to choose. Is it because I'm using 3G??

17 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Wookster, I have a problem picking a team...I need to decide to spend big points on the "stars" or domestics, mine is more to do with decision making, as apposed to hardware/ software issues. Good luck anyway!

Comrade's picture

posted by Comrade [129 posts]
31st May 2012 - 23:46

like this
Like (1)

No prob's here, picking a team is easy, choosing the correct team for the right day - now that is tough Wink

Soli Deo Gloria

Loosehorse's picture

posted by Loosehorse [10 posts]
1st June 2012 - 0:35

like this
Like (0)

wookster, are you in the right tour? go to competitions, select the dauphine

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7182 posts]
1st June 2012 - 8:16

like this
Like (1)

dave_atkinson wrote:
... go to competitions, select the dauphine

Dave, our teams used to carry over to the next competition... I kind of liked that... Seeing my grayed out riders... Is that feature gone now?...

Vive Le Road.cc Fantasy Cycling Game!

posted by enrique [1416 posts]
1st June 2012 - 8:30

like this
Like (0)

I was - until I took Dave's advice and deleted all my browser history and cleared my cache. Then it worked fine.

posted by londonplayer [671 posts]
1st June 2012 - 8:52

like this
Like (1)

enrique wrote:
Dave, our teams used to carry over to the next competition... I kind of liked that... Seeing my grayed out riders... Is that feature gone now?...

That features gone seeing as each tour is now separate. On the other hand you can pick your TdF or Vuelta teams now if you want so it lets you plan ahead a bit, I usually put together a rough team for upcoming tours and being able to save it in game is quite nice for me.

posted by drheaton [3420 posts]
1st June 2012 - 8:54

like this
Like (0)

I've tried all that Dave and deleting cash, cookies, the works!!!aaahhhhrrrrgggg! Smile

posted by Wookster [58 posts]
1st June 2012 - 9:23

like this
Like (0)

Ok it's an iPhone thing cookies and history are both cleared, I've even deleted the book mark! Any suggestions???

posted by Wookster [58 posts]
1st June 2012 - 10:24

like this
Like (1)

drheaton wrote:
enrique wrote:
Dave, our teams used to carry over to the next competition... I kind of liked that... Seeing my grayed out riders... Is that feature gone now?...

That features gone seeing as each tour is now separate. On the other hand you can pick your TdF or Vuelta teams now if you want so it lets you plan ahead a bit, I usually put together a rough team for upcoming tours and being able to save it in game is quite nice for me.

I was thinking of doing this but I thought it was included in any changes you made throughout the course of the race.
So if you make some last minute changes before the race starts it looks like you have made more changes which may be used to determine who wins a stage at a later date.

Does that make sense lol?

posted by Marauder [236 posts]
1st June 2012 - 13:47

like this
Like (0)

Brian Nichol wrote:

I was thinking of doing this but I thought it was included in any changes you made throughout the course of the race.
So if you make some last minute changes before the race starts it looks like you have made more changes which may be used to determine who wins a stage at a later date.

Does that make sense lol?

I thought that too - in the unlikely event that scores are level it goes on transfers made. If thats still right then I'd better not tie the Dauphine - I've made about ten already!

chrisdstripes's picture

posted by chrisdstripes [1512 posts]
1st June 2012 - 19:02

like this
Like (1)

Yeh i make loads of transfers before events as i like to mess around and not leave it till the last minute, in my opinion when its unlimited transfers it shouldn't count, but if thats the rules then so be it. Anyway i think you would have to be really unlucky that after 7 stages or whatever the two at the top would be tied with the points variations in such a game

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3700 posts]
1st June 2012 - 20:59

like this
Like (1)

Awesome problem sorted I needed to reset the phone! Massive thanks to Dave for his help!

posted by Wookster [58 posts]
1st June 2012 - 21:23

like this
Like (1)

we've only ever had one tie in an actual tour. sometimes a stage is tied, there were three in the giro

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7182 posts]
1st June 2012 - 23:01

like this
Like (1)

dave_atkinson wrote:
we've only ever had one tie in an actual tour. sometimes a stage is tied, there were three in the giro

Just out of interest - if a stage is tied, does it go on transfers made for that stage only, or in the race so far?

Doesn't affect anything, I was just idly wondering...

chrisdstripes's picture

posted by chrisdstripes [1512 posts]
2nd June 2012 - 9:41

like this
Like (0)

all transfers in that tour, up to that point

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7182 posts]
2nd June 2012 - 10:36

like this
Like (0)

If I ever tie I wont win a prize Thinking

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3700 posts]
2nd June 2012 - 12:06

like this
Like (1)

You wou,.ld beat me, the inde cisive xfer king
Angry

posted by Hugh Lupus [31 posts]
2nd June 2012 - 20:35

like this
Like (0)