Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pictures of your Bike

So, I figured that no bicycle forum would be complete without pictures of bikes! Post your photos here, no bike will be refused: Road TT Triathlon Cyclocross MTB BMX Shixie Fixie And anything else! Lovely bikes lovely, but everyday bikes interesting too. I won't post first, but I'm taking pictures right now.  1 I wanna see what bikes you're all riding!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1407 comments

SimonMast | 11 years ago
0 likes

My beloved Ernie Clements Falcon. As owned by my dad. It fell out of favour years ago and I rescued it. In slow process of restoration....

//i140.photobucket.com/albums/r12/jrb007/DSCF6508.jpg)

And yes, she does indeed need a bath. :o

obutterwick | 11 years ago
0 likes

My Via Nirone 7 with a couple of Deda upgrades , Selle San Marco and Conti Ultra Sport.

SimonMast replied to obutterwick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Nice! How do you find the Ultra Sports? I like the Gatorskins, but the Ultra Sports are available in 27 x 1/8...

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

IMO, Ultra Sports are basically light Gatorskins.

obutterwick replied to SimonMast | 11 years ago
0 likes

No complaints at all. Currently on 700x25 but got some bargain 23's last weekend at a cycle show, so will put those on sometime. No punctures either, touch wood.

robert.brady | 11 years ago
0 likes

The bike at the very top of this thread has now had some more carbon fibre added. Sorry about the poor quality pic.

//farm8.staticflickr.com/7130/7536991978_fabdb959c6.jpg)

Cheers,

Rob

trikeman | 11 years ago
1 like

Hi All,
this is my S-Works 'nighthawk' Tarmac SL, bit dirty as she is piling in the miles of late. Just treated her to new GP4000s, 7900 mechs (kept the brakes Ultegra of course) a chain, new cables and some new Fizik bar tape.
Oh' she is a sweetie.  4
Regards

Trikeman.  3

russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes

is that the one you resprayed yourself? if so hats off etc

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Cheeky bit of Colnago in the corner.

What about a DA crankset?

trikeman replied to Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes
Raleigh wrote:

Cheeky bit of Colnago in the corner.

What about a DA crankset?

Oh' I dream of a 7900 crankset, but I would definately end up female like if my Wife caught me with one of those cranksets - jeeze (although they are the biz) they are really expensive. I think if I could substantiate it to myself, then I would be able to 'advise' the Wife. However, I don't think it would make me any faster or better so I would have difficulty substantiating it as my right eye would start quivering - a dead giveaway.  13

Would only look nicer I keep telling myself.

Regards

Trikeman.  3

trikeman replied to russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes
russyparkin wrote:

is that the one you resprayed yourself? if so hats off etc

Yep, tis the same one. Prepped and sprayed by my own hands.

Regards,

Trikeman.  3

singlespeedan | 11 years ago
2 likes

//farm8.staticflickr.com/7190/6868617099_d109cb8b28.jpg)

Singular osprey. had a few tweaks since this picture. Getting a few more in the very near future.

SimonMast replied to Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Interesting, thanks!

I've just noticed the Conti SuperSport. A lot heavier as if I'll notice, but they come in 1 1/8, which is what I'd prefer to be using...

andylul | 11 years ago
0 likes

My recently acquired Ribble Stealth

Campag Athena, Scirocco wheels, ITM Triango bars, stem & seat post and (soon) Selle Max Flite saddle (the CSN in the pic is simply ruinous)

stuke | 11 years ago
0 likes

I know it's already appeared a few posts up but the TT bike has had a few tweaks -

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

How is fixie Time Trialling?

spongebob | 11 years ago
0 likes

flat, with no wind I hope!

stuke replied to Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes
Raleigh wrote:

How is fixie Time Trialling?

A steep learning curve!!

I haven't raced for 2 years after deciding to take a break, but the competetive urge has come back so decided to have a go fixed and (try)not to take things too seriously this time around.

Did a 59:30 in my first 25 the other night so a long way to go considering I used to consistently knockout 55 min 25's on gears

It's loads of fun though  4

bashthebox replied to zzgavin | 11 years ago
0 likes

Aww, you do some of the same roads I do. Nice pic of the essex loveliness.

(edit - @zzgavin)

bashthebox | 11 years ago
0 likes

I shall join in.

531 commuter. It's an 80s Neil Orrell, resprayed beautifully by the previous owner in metallic burgundy. It's got a modern(ish) group - Campag Daytona, which became Centaur rather swiftly after some racetrack objected. Lovely, pretty bike. Heavy.

Planet-X of joy. Bought her with 7800 all over, but swapped the cranks over for 7900 compacts. Then had to buy a new deraillieur because the old one was a bit wonked.. so it's got a 6700 ultegra on it. Actually it might be 6600, thinking about it. Oh well. I also put new wheels on her (Shimano RS80s), new carbon seatpost and bars, a new stem and I've now double wrapped the bars, which is nice. Oh, and there's wanky ti/carbon skewers in there too. For extra wankiness. She's very light and stiff, and is ace and lovely. Next project over winter - gently rub the frame down and lose the decals, get a matt black finish on. Hopefully won't break the entire bike when i put it back together.

Condor Baracchi. It's blue! And yellow! And may not be to everyone's taste. Kinda heavy, rather soggy for a carbon bike. Campag centaur group, pro-lite Bracchiano wheels. Possibly now my winter bike. Possibly might sell her. Probably won't.

Bhachgen | 11 years ago
0 likes

My Dad's 1979 Peugeot. 531. Mostly original kit. I rescued it from rusting in his garage and have been riding it throughout the summer. Trying to keep it running until the autumn time then it will go in to get stripped down, repainted, and restored to as near to good as new as possible.

Peugeot PK10 1979

matty c | 11 years ago
0 likes

Here you go. Shiny white bar tape won't last long.

//farm9.staticflickr.com/8285/7725431564_b2c7f020fd.jpg)

TomvanHalen | 11 years ago
0 likes

So I'm brand new to this road cycling biz. My mountain bike got stolen a few weeks back, and seeing as it's had slick tyres on the last couple of years, I thought it was time to try something different, and bought this:

Let's see how it goes?

DCDave (not verified) | 11 years ago
0 likes

FYI: I started a Fantasy English Premier League for Cycling fans.

1- http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ (Click Sign Up)
2- Enter league code 274204-191319 under Leagues/Join league

sk8ir | 11 years ago
2 likes

My old Klein Quantum Race, freshly rebuilt (it's my daily ride, but it's not always this clean!). Mix of Campag Daytona and Centaur, RaceFace Cadence cranks, Velocity A23 rims on Ambrosio hubs. One of the last Chehalis-built frames before Klein was absorbed into the Trek empire.

Gepin | 11 years ago
0 likes

Something a little unusual.... Here is my Massi Team Carbon. It replaces my Olmo that was a write-off after a car decided to wipe me out back in Febuary.

cortina | 11 years ago
0 likes

My brand new Boardman SLR 9.8 build (excuse the non-matching tyres, front being replaced today!) Red 2012 gruppo & Ritchey carbon/pro finishing kit. Only covered 50 miles so far. Speedy  1

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

@cortina

That's one of the nicest bikes I've ever seen.

Where'd you get it from?

cortina replied to Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Why thanks you  9 I've only had it a week but I'm utterly sold already.
It's a self-build - frame via Corridori in Epsom

cortina | 11 years ago
0 likes

Got me started now:
My 80s race bike - Geoffrey Butler Columbus SL with Campag Super Record
Dolan Prefissio commuter/winter bike
My soon-to-be-ex Boardman Pro Carbon

Pages

Latest Comments