Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pictures of your Bike

So, I figured that no bicycle forum would be complete without pictures of bikes! Post your photos here, no bike will be refused: Road TT Triathlon Cyclocross MTB BMX Shixie Fixie And anything else! Lovely bikes lovely, but everyday bikes interesting too. I won't post first, but I'm taking pictures right now.  1 I wanna see what bikes you're all riding!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1407 comments

Super Domestique | 11 years ago
1 like

Some lively bikes here. Any chance this could be made a sticky?

Raleigh replied to Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes
Super Domestique wrote:

Some lively bikes here. Any chance this could be made a sticky?

+1.

Its a good way to introduce people to the website, a few of these are first time posters.

russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes

+2

RobeH | 11 years ago
0 likes

my ride  16

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

You already did that one!

Oh well, it's quite nice.  4

Easton EA50 Aeros?

RobeH replied to Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes
Raleigh wrote:

You already did that one!

Oh well, it's quite nice.  4

Easton EA50 Aeros?

i did blond moment  35

stuke | 11 years ago
2 likes

going through a bit of a fixed phase at the moment so we have got a genesis flyer, my Dolan tt bike and my ribble commuter. The ribble is about to be replaced by a Decade Convert 2, photos when its ready, lastly my daughter wanted her peppa pig bike included. Note she is also on fixed  1

mancsi | 11 years ago
0 likes

My reserve Capo, main bike is the above Bianchi.

Schoscho replied to mancsi | 11 years ago
0 likes
mancsi wrote:

Here she is...

Very nice bike!!

mancsi replied to Schoscho | 11 years ago
0 likes

Why thank you. Get a pic of your wheels up Schoscho!

zzgavin replied to russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've got the same bike, though 105, I wondered what mods you'd made. I've swapped the wheels for RS80s

zzgavin | 11 years ago
0 likes

My CAAD10 in the winter, pretty much stock. Now has RS80s and nicer tyres

0 likes

As it's now a sticky I thought I would add further to the thread.

Here is my infamous Allez which is now my winter / bad weather bike.

IMAG0047

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

sticky now, innit  1

jamjam | 11 years ago
0 likes

my Canyon Ultimate cf slx in Young Heroes team colours, only one in this colour in the country I think. very nice and fast. Full campag record.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Are you on the young heroes team?

jamjam | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yea I was last year

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

As a youth, junior or espoir?

I'm going for a first year Junior place next year, don't know how likely I am to get in though.

Did you get to keep the bike?

jamjam | 11 years ago
0 likes

I was in the youth bit but now i'm a junior so i'm too old. It said in the contract to give it beack or pay half price for it but i didn't have to for some reason.

Russell_M | 11 years ago
0 likes

My ride

russyparkin replied to Russell_M | 11 years ago
0 likes

cube do make some classy looking bikes i have to say. very nice

lob | 11 years ago
0 likes

** Insert picture of standard 2012 Specialized Allez Compact in Black and Grey here **

I know it's slightly boring, but I like it whilst i'm learning. Maybe there should be a "my next bike will be a....." thread?

trikeman | 11 years ago
0 likes

Nowt wrong with an Allez Lob... Cracking bike, had mine for donkeys and still difficult to better.
You may have a newer, 'better' bike later but you will always look back and sometimes think 'why the hell did I get rid of my Allez' I'm sure there's a song title in the making there.

Regards

Trikeman.  3

russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes

isnt it tarmac geometry but in aluminium? agreed allez are good just not flashy.

not a bad thing

Super Domestique replied to russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes
russyparkin wrote:

isnt it tarmac geometry but in aluminium? agreed allez are good just not flashy.

not a bad thing

Yes from the 2011 model on they have same geometry as Tarmac.

Nothing wrong with the Allez which is why I posted a picture of my 2010 model here.

themartincox | 11 years ago
1 like

My lovely Raleigh SP Race before 2000miles of riding and the 'custom' bar taping at the end of the ride!

0 likes

Nice bike Martin. Raleigh have some good looking bikes out at the moment imho.

lob | 11 years ago
0 likes

I nearly went for a Raleigh myself, but the Allez felt the most comfortable of the ones I tried in the shop.

I'm very happy with it, like the feel, seems responsive and a good all round road bike at my level. I can see why some people may find Specialized a little "boring" but can also see why they are such a popular bike. I will post a pic of mine when I get round to it, but would already consider getting another Spesh when it comes time to get another bike  3

Will be keeping the Allez as long as I can though  1

mancsi replied to themartincox | 11 years ago
0 likes
Martin - LeJogLe wrote:

My lovely Raleigh SP Race before 2000miles of riding and the 'custom' bar taping at the end of the ride!

You have your bars dropped low!? That why them hands are suffering. Love your bike though

themartincox replied to mancsi | 11 years ago
0 likes

funny you should mention the bars, normally its the seat that gets the queries!

I was finding the position to be really comfy actually, until someone noticed the saddle and then it was a real annoyance!

i think the 23cc tyres @ 115psi could have been a contributing factor to tired hands, that and many consecutive 15hr days in the saddle!

but it is a great bike to ride, really enjoyed our time together and would thoroughly recommend - got a few disdainful comments about Raleighs to start off with, but as a bike maker they have got much better again!

*disclaimer - I am from Nottingham so I believe I am contractually obliged to say nice things about Raleigh

Pages

Latest Comments