Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pictures of your Bike

So, I figured that no bicycle forum would be complete without pictures of bikes! Post your photos here, no bike will be refused: Road TT Triathlon Cyclocross MTB BMX Shixie Fixie And anything else! Lovely bikes lovely, but everyday bikes interesting too. I won't post first, but I'm taking pictures right now.  1 I wanna see what bikes you're all riding!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1407 comments

Eddy9635 replied to Xena | 3 years ago
0 likes

Amazing

Orbeaman replied to paslemeilleur | 3 years ago
0 likes

Unsurprisingly

Recoveryride replied to Judge dreadful | 3 years ago
1 like

Oooh. That is a lovely bike. And with Campy...

Chapeau.

tomi740i replied to Nicolas De Roeck | 3 years ago
0 likes

Really stylish and so beautiful!!

Boatsie replied to brooksby | 4 years ago
0 likes
brooksby wrote:

How many bikes do you currently own, Boatsie? I've only got two.

6 + kids bike.
All cheapies from gumtree normally, all alloy.
2 60cm top tube Avanti Blades. 1 hub, 1 derraileur. 14.3 ,11.90 kg
1 aero fixie with carbon forks. 7.3 kg
Ninja Shogun 10.56kg
Chromoly BMX freestyle. Heavy.
24inch BMX. Lightweight Alloy, strong.

The 24 inch I like. My rim melted in a shed fire so I replaced it with a sealed bearing double wall alloy rim that was basically the cheapest at the time of purchase from LBS. Good road bike but not long flats. On hills I averaged 15kmph rather than 20kmph on a cheap 28mm roadbike.
Cost me $400 twenty years ago, as is besides front rim. Seen one selling at $3500 the other month, a rusty one selling at $1000 .

Brooksby, just cheap bikes here dude, different roads, weather. Paid via usage of petrol budget to get to work (basically)

Oldfatgit replied to brooksby | 4 years ago
2 likes
brooksby wrote:

Oldfatgit wrote:

The top image is of my Raleigh Revenio, August last year.

The bottom image is the same bike, 5 minutes later (although the image was take a week on ...)

Yeesh.  How was the rider?

11 broken ribs
3 fractured vertebrae
Bleeding in to lungs
Bleeding in chest cavity
Left ulna broken - pinned and plated, and a scar that runs from elbow to wrist
Left patella smashed in to 4 pieces - pinned and wired
Full thickness tear of left PCL
Bone damage within the knee
Amnesia - I have lost the time from a few mins before impact on the Friday evening through to around the following Monday afternoon.
A week in HDU, a week on the orthopedic ward.
5 months of not being able to lift anything heavier than a cup of tea and not being able to bend my knee

Doug.F. replied to Oldfatgit | 4 years ago
2 likes

Oldfatgit wrote:
Doug.F. wrote:

Hope you continue to improve.

Trust I am not being insensitive,but what hapened ?

Best wishes.

Doug.

Thanks for your good wishes Doug, much appreciated. I was doing 30mph down hill and a car turned right, across my path. He hit me, and apparently I was airborne for a while and landed through his windscreen. Thankfully, there was a paramedic unit 5 or 6 cars behind me who stopped, got my heart restarted a couple of times, and arranged for assistance and an airlift to A & E

What a dreadful experience ,

All my best wishes for a complete recovery.

Yours

Doug.

I hope the car driver will be prosecuted.

Metal Mania replied to ktache | 4 years ago
1 like

No such luck I'm afraid, similar but different injuries.

Broken Femur, Tib & Fib, Radius, Pisiform, Finger and 12 Ribs. I learnt lots of exciting new terms like ORIF, IM nail, and degloved. I have some complications and need more surgery.

carlosdsanchez replied to ktache | 4 years ago
1 like

They don't die quickly enough.... The bike this one is replacing was my first road bike which has now been retired to strictly summer riding. That's done over 36k miles and could do with a new groupset really. My primary bike does have carbon wheels and di2, but the 3T discus wheels it came with are shit - every problem I've had with that bike has been those wheels (oh and a leaking seal on the front brake caliper). The freewheel keeps coming loose and you have to take the disc and the cassette off to get to the nut that holds it on, the aluminum nipples keep on splitting and within the first month of owneship one of the spokes broke. The shop told me "sometimes spokes just break"

Hopefully this bike will be a bit more reliable and give me a chance to repair the other two.

srchar replied to srchar | 3 years ago
0 likes

Still not sure about celeste bar tape.

quiff replied to Durianrider1 | 3 years ago
0 likes

Is that a thing? I thought generally the advice was that you need some steerer above the stem clamp. Ok, it doesn't look that neat having loads of spacers above, but does it make failure more likely?   

Judge dreadful replied to Recoveryride | 3 years ago
1 like

Recoveryride wrote:

Oooh. That is a lovely bike. And with Campy...

Chapeau.

I can't have an Italian bike with anything other than Campag. It's like having a bacon butty with no ketchup.

brooksby replied to Boatsie | 4 years ago
1 like

Boatsie wrote:

Brooksby, just cheap bikes here dude, different roads, weather. Paid via usage of petrol budget to get to work (basically)

I hear you there, Boatsie.

My household has my wife's aluminium-framed BSO, my kids have each got a low-budget BMX style BSO (none of them have actually been ridden anywhere in the last year), and I've got an eight year old aluminium hybrid workhorse (a Mongoose) and a steel-framed Dawes city/hybrid (a 'Street Life' from c.1992).

My wife's BSO and the Moose (my workhorse, with Carradice panniers) were both full priced, but not exactly expensive, and my in-laws bought the kids' bikes (so that's not real money spent).

The Dawes was GBP10 from a friend of my wife who was clearing out their garage yes

brooksby replied to Oldfatgit | 4 years ago
4 likes

Oldfatgit wrote:
brooksby wrote:

Oldfatgit wrote:

The bottom image is the same bike, 5 minutes later (although the image was take a week on ...)

11 broken ribs 3 fractured vertebrae Bleeding in to lungs Bleeding in chest cavity Left ulna broken - pinned and plated, and a scar that runs from elbow to wrist Left patella smashed in to 4 pieces - pinned and wired Full thickness tear of left PCL Bone damage within the knee Amnesia - I have lost the time from a few mins before impact on the Friday evening through to around the following Monday afternoon. A week in HDU, a week on the orthopedic ward. 5 months of not being able to lift anything heavier than a cup of tea and not being able to bend my knee

Christ! I hope you're getting better, now...?

Oldfatgit replied to Doug.F. | 4 years ago
2 likes

Doug.F. wrote:

Oldfatgit wrote:
Doug.F. wrote:

Hope you continue to improve.

Trust I am not being insensitive,but what hapened ?

Best wishes.

Doug.

Thanks for your good wishes Doug, much appreciated. I was doing 30mph down hill and a car turned right, across my path. He hit me, and apparently I was airborne for a while and landed through his windscreen. Thankfully, there was a paramedic unit 5 or 6 cars behind me who stopped, got my heart restarted a couple of times, and arranged for assistance and an airlift to A & E

What a dreadful experience ,

All my best wishes for a complete recovery.

Yours

Doug.

I hope the car driver will be prosecuted.

Thanks Doug.

Because he admitted guilt at the scene, it was a fixed penalty Careless Driving ... didn't go to court.

Although, as an octogenarian, he might find getting insurance a bit harder.

ktache replied to Metal Mania | 4 years ago
0 likes

May your recovery be speedy, and the fear leave you soon.

ktache replied to srchar | 3 years ago
0 likes

SuperCaz have matched the shade perfectly though.

Looks great whilst still clean.

Oldfatgit replied to brooksby | 4 years ago
3 likes

brooksby wrote:

Oldfatgit wrote:
brooksby wrote:

Oldfatgit wrote:

11 broken ribs 3 fractured vertebrae Bleeding in to lungs Bleeding in chest cavity Left ulna broken - pinned and plated, and a scar that runs from elbow to wrist Left patella smashed in to 4 pieces - pinned and wired Full thickness tear of left PCL Bone damage within the knee Amnesia - I have lost the time from a few mins before impact on the Friday evening through to around the following Monday afternoon. A week in HDU, a week on the orthopedic ward. 5 months of not being able to lift anything heavier than a cup of tea and not being able to bend my knee

Christ! I hope you're getting better, now...?

Most of it has healed without further issue ... but the knee is the problem.

I've limited walking ability - gradients hurt, and I live at the top of a hill - and I've got about 20 - 25 miles of cycling before my knee gets too painful.

I'm a club cyclist (which is great as since the accident my solo confidence is shot), and I don't have the distance for a club ride.

I'm not letting this beat me though... LBS has a Paralane E2 e-road bike coming in soon to test - and I'm looking forwards to it  1

Metal Mania replied to ktache | 4 years ago
3 likes

Thanks, the Corona virus might delay the surgery, I'd imagine I won't be out until next year. The metal problem may be leaving the brakes alone if a see a car facing me with it's indicator on to turn across me.

Simon E replied to Oldfatgit | 4 years ago
1 like

Oldfatgit wrote:

I'm not letting this beat me though... LBS has a Paralane E2 e-road bike coming in soon to test - and I'm looking forwards to it  1

Sorry to read about your crash.

Yesterday I bumped into a clubmate in his 70s who is recovering from a serious illness and can't ride his bike for long or keep up with a group any more. He looked at the Ribble e-bike but decided to buy a Paralane2 from the LBS (red, 105 groupset) and is very impressed. He said it feels not so different from his Trek Madone. Hope you enjoy it.

Oldfatgit replied to Simon E | 4 years ago
1 like

Simon E wrote:

Oldfatgit wrote:

Yesterday I bumped into a clubmate in his 70s who is recovering from a serious illness and can't ride his bike for long or keep up with a group any more. He looked at the Ribble e-bike but decided to buy a Paralane2 from the LBS (red, 105 groupset) and is very impressed. He said it feels not so different from his Trek Madone. Hope you enjoy it.

Thank you Simon.

I was looking at the Orbea Gain and the Ribble, but discounted them as you can't remove the battery for charging.

I've no power or heat in the bike store, and concerned over battery life being reduced by the cold.

Although ... if I can't get the funds for the Paralane, the missus might have to lump a Ribble in the hallway  1

Boatsie replied to Oldfatgit | 4 years ago
0 likes
Oldfatgit wrote:

Simon E wrote:

Oldfatgit wrote:

Thank you Simon.

I was looking at the Orbea Gain and the Ribble, but discounted them as you can't remove the battery for charging.

I've no power or heat in the bike store, and concerned over battery life being reduced by the cold.

Although ... if I can't get the funds for the Paralane, the missus might have to lump a Ribble in the hallway  1

Wishing you well.
I was thinking of electric. Both Avanti blades have bottle screw holes on seat tube and both above and below angle beam of frame.
Eg a low mount of battery if converted. Pictured bike is hub gearbox and front guard isn't installed, hasn't been washed since last year and is ridden during storms.
I was thinking of whatever that crank drive unit is, comes as single wheel or double chain wheel.
Quality bikes. They sell cheap used down here. Add $1000Aus to assist torque electrically.
Just in case such suits you with something to do during recovery.
I changed my mind.. Happy without. Although the double chainwheel will probably go back to a triple when I can be bothered. The parts I have should work.

Keesvant replied to Oldfatgit | 2 years ago
0 likes

Awefull ! Hope you make a full recovery.
All the best

Metal Mania replied to Oldfatgit | 4 years ago
1 like

Your tale brings it all back. Can I ask did the car turn right from a side road, or was he facing you and turned into the side road. Mine was the latter.

quiff replied to ktache | 4 years ago
1 like

I'm coming round to this way of thinking - my leisure riding is less frequent than I'd like now, but I ride to work at least 4 days a week, so maybe I should upgrade my commuter. That said, there's a certain satisfaction in having a decent, relatively cheap, low maintenance bike that I can neglect without feeling too guilty (Genesis Day One Disc).       

Eddy9635 replied to viktorapo | 3 years ago
0 likes

This looks much similar to the $600 Electric bike on Geekwake .

Keesvant replied to carlosdsanchez | 2 years ago
0 likes

Ow that is a shame , to be hounest i have a set of the same wheels..
Not the best i've owned im affraid.
Hope they work better for you !

r.glancy | 5 years ago
5 likes

Canyon Endurace CF SLX 8.0 Di2

Absolute black chainrings

Speedplay pedals

Pirelli velo 28mm tyres and latex tubes

Dura ace rotors (didnt like the silver ultegra ones) 

Fabric bar tape

Fizik Aliante R1 saddle

Shimano climb shifters under the bar tape on the tops

Wahoo bolt

Carbon cages

blah blah

bigrob020660 | 5 years ago
2 likes

My Trek Domane Ultegra sporting Strada Wheels Big Fella Deluxe wheelset. 3000 mile down and never laid a spoke key on them.

mjagr | 5 years ago
2 likes

My new (and first) gravel bike, a Raleigh Amelia 1  Just waiting for the snow to melt!

Pages

Latest Comments