Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pictures of your Bike

So, I figured that no bicycle forum would be complete without pictures of bikes! Post your photos here, no bike will be refused: Road TT Triathlon Cyclocross MTB BMX Shixie Fixie And anything else! Lovely bikes lovely, but everyday bikes interesting too. I won't post first, but I'm taking pictures right now.  1 I wanna see what bikes you're all riding!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1415 comments

frhtfkr | 3 years ago
1 like

Building this bike during pandemic, hard to procure parts, but finally able to build after 6 months

morgyporg | 3 years ago
3 likes

So new I haven't ridden it yet, Boardman ADV 9.0

zedthegreat | 3 years ago
5 likes

My new 4 seasons bike. It's so bright that people talk to me unapproached...in London! 

Other than cutting help cutting the stem, first time I assembled a bike myself. All pieces therefore just how I want them.

jhkrug | 3 years ago
3 likes

Giant Allegre, frame from early 90s. Near Granada, Spain.

TotalLoss | 3 years ago
5 likes

My forever steed. I built this at Reilly cycleworks in 2018 under the instruction from Jon "Chickens" from Chickens Frame Emporium http://www.chickensframeemporium.co.uk/

Columbus Spirit HSS tubing throughout, filet brazed with lugs for the BB and rear dropouts, carbon fork and seat stem. Powdercoated frame. Currently running Shimano 105 but will be upgraded to some decent Campag when funds allow. Weighs in at 7.4 Kg as finished  1

mostly | 3 years ago
6 likes

Reilly spectre. I'm happy.

zeeridesbikes | 3 years ago
6 likes

CGR Ti getting me through the winter nicely. Added some pdw mudguards and some dt swiss wheels as it's mostly used on the road at the moment. 

mostly | 3 years ago
6 likes

Reilly Spectre, my new favourite thing.

andystow | 3 years ago
0 likes

Something odd is going on, as this seems unlikely.

GiantTCRRacer | 3 years ago
3 likes

New ride!

flymo71 | 3 years ago
5 likes

1st time post, turned this up for £180. Reynolds 653, Campag groupset, Mavic wheels. Supper happy 😄. Anyone know much about 653, haven't had a chance to get it out yet

james.bowman | 3 years ago
6 likes

Started cycling just over a year ago on a Boardman ADV gravel bike and got completely hooked. I found I ride almost exclusively on tarmac and have finally got around to upgrading to this Cervelo Caledonia.

SuperCommuter | 3 years ago
6 likes

Had a hankering for steel again and couldn't resist this Thorn Audax frameset on eBay.  I shifted the Claris groupset over from my cheap aluminium commuter. Claris is ace!  And cheap to run.  46-33 Chainrings from Spa Cycles so I can stay longer in the big ring and feel like a Belgian.  Pump pegs! I can carry a big pump!  I've noticed more people smiling as I ride by and remember I'm a 45 year old man on a pink bike.

Pilot Pete | 3 years ago
2 likes

Winter wheels...

The _Kaner | 2 years ago
8 likes

Updated 22 Mar 2022.

Latest addition to the stable. Dolan ADX Ti with Shimano 105 R7020 disc grupo. Came with Mavic Ksyrium Elite UST wheelset with Yksion Pro 25mm which are set up as tubeless.

The wrong colour of bar tape was fitted by Dolan, but on contact, they sent out the correct one, which has now been updated (Feb 2022).

Also swapped Selle Italia X1 saddle for a Fizik Arione R5...which I have on two other bikes and works for me.

I have fitted a set of Winspace (Lún) Hyper 50mm DB, which I was lucky enough to have won in a GCN competition, and the prize was shipped out with the help of Joe Whittingham (ChinaCycling channel on Youtube).

I've not had the pleasure of testing out the bike with the new wheels  - as of 9th Feb 2022, I sustained a snapped achilles tendon in my left leg...'moshing' at an Echo & the Bunnymen concert in Dublin. I had surgery on 11th Feb, and have been in a plastic boot for recovery since then (currently 22 March 2022).

matthewn5 | 6 months ago
12 likes

So my lockdown project is finally complete today.

It's a 2015 Genesis Volare 953 stainless, ex-team frame, with DA 9000 Di2 throughout. Zipp SL80 trad bend bars, Deda superleggero stem and seatpost. Campag wheels which I had already. It's amazingly smooth like all steel frames, but also light at 7.65kg as pictured. Seems quite a stiff platform too, if not as immediately reactive as a top level carbon frame. I aways said I would never get into electronic shifting, but then the frame came with a complete Di2 wiring harness, so I've dived in. So far so good.

//serving.photos.photobox.com/0247628084c58fffc011b08c424d23b16783a42d13bf2f9d3c6dd20d0d1e2db5c3f7def7.jpg)

2023 update: 3 years later, and it's my best bike for big faster miles, here on a 100 miler round North Norfolk and down to Ely this summer.

//serving.photos.photobox.com/99708221f7860ac46583765e72a4595e1ef8dcbf9a0a53d2faf1402f39a0f497e57ae092.jpg)

mtb_roadtripper replied to mtb_roadtripper | 3 years ago
2 likes

For the purposes for the road.cc forum its generally the Giant, sorta humble, middle of the road and I like it a lot. 

ChadCapote replied to Judge dreadful | 3 years ago
0 likes

I've got the same. It's a bliss to drop the bike and observe that colour all day.

Steve K replied to Steve K | 3 years ago
0 likes

For the record, it's a 2012 Charge Juicer Hi. That picture is three years old, but it's still going strong. In February this year I upgraded from old 105 to new 105.

matthewn5 replied to Bezzard74 | 3 years ago
0 likes

That's a photo worthy of Gregory Crewdson! Chapeau!

cdean replied to morgyporg | 3 years ago
0 likes

Have you ridden it yet and, if so, how do you like it so far? 

Steve K replied to zeeridesbikes | 3 years ago
0 likes

zeeridesbikes wrote:

CGR Ti getting me through the winter nicely. Added some pdw mudguards and some dt swiss wheels as it's mostly used on the road at the moment. 

What's in like?  Although I'm not really in the market of a new bike, the idea of a (relaively) affordable ti bike is very tempting - so I'm tempted by both the CGR or the Endurance Ti.

morgyporg replied to cdean | 3 years ago
0 likes

I've been commuting all week on it, 13km each way on North Surrey/South London's crappy roads. I'm very pleased with it, seems more comfortable than my alloy CX bike but that might just be the slightly fatter tyres. Gravelking SKs make a very entertaining noise on tarmac.

zeeridesbikes replied to Steve K | 3 years ago
0 likes

I've had it just over a year and so far it's been great. Never had a dedicated winter/bad weather bike before. I originally got it for my commute too which involves a rough towpath. The mavic wheels and 40mm tyres made it comfy but sluggish. Putting some 28mm tyres and lighter wheels had made it much more snappy and fun to ride. If I had the choice again I'd probably go for the endurance ti as commuting is no longer a factor as I'll be working from home for the foreseeable. That being said if you do want something that will allow some light off road action and decent road performance get the cgr. Annoyingly they released the new frame a month after I got mine. Hope that helps. 

Steve K replied to zeeridesbikes | 3 years ago
0 likes

It does - thanks.

jaysa | 4 years ago
4 likes

My bike for flattish roads ... lots of fun !

A SuperSix Evo with Tiagra bought for £760, added Kronostock 60/90 wheels then replaced many bits with sale Ultegra, Campy UT, Zipp parts. 7.6kg as shown.

edhawkins | 4 years ago
4 likes

J.Laverack Ti Di2 Ultegra with æra dynamo 56mm wheelset.

Love it!

Halx00 | 4 years ago
5 likes

Another £100 EBay purchase.
Loverly Reynolds 531 competition frame set with practically unused Xero wheels.
Converted it to a single speed for the moment running a 65 inch gear.
Gorgeous ride quality, sub 8kg.

ktache | 4 years ago
0 likes

Better pic, lovely build Halx

Boatsie | 4 years ago
0 likes

I'm not sure if I've posted this bike.

I like it. Double butted chromoly, weighed at 10.56kg, front weight bias, light 7 speed rear end.
I'm trying to find my drill.
I bought $20(Australian) lay bars, removed the stands and will get a better purchase fastening directly through cross bar. The lay bars are concave around bolt holes to suit an easy install. Fasteners (2 longer bolts +shaped washers less than $5Australian)
Cost of bike with bright usb rechargeable lights front/rear on useable GP4000 Continental tyres: $100(Australian)

Eg all up, less than 70 quid.
2 cm shorter than my others but agile on the drops and laybars should ease the straights. 1 happy cyclist.

Pages

Latest Comments