Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pictures of your Bike

So, I figured that no bicycle forum would be complete without pictures of bikes! Post your photos here, no bike will be refused: Road TT Triathlon Cyclocross MTB BMX Shixie Fixie And anything else! Lovely bikes lovely, but everyday bikes interesting too. I won't post first, but I'm taking pictures right now.  1 I wanna see what bikes you're all riding!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1414 comments

RussianMichael replied to Noelieboy | 9 years ago
0 likes

I realise position is a very individual thing (ie comfort and saddle tilt-related issues) but it seems that your saddle is quite far back for a TT position, no? It closes the hip angle and reduces the power you can put down, sort-of handicapping your main power-generating muscles. Also, if you have no flexibility issues, you can really benefit from a lower or more stretched-out position on the front end, provided elbows are not too far off 90deg. Basically, there are mountains of 'free speed' to be gained by experimenting with position. Yours might already be optimal for you, I'm not a bike fitter, but just suggesting shifting saddle forward and dropping the stem lower if you haven't tried it already.

movingtarget replied to Vermilla2008 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Nice setup! How do you like the Novatec CXDs?

MarcMyWords replied to Lavaman | 9 years ago
0 likes

Love the name 'Skunk'!

ibbo68 replied to jollygoodvelo | 9 years ago
0 likes

My three:-
Planet-X RT-58
Nukeproof Mega
Ragley Mmmbop.

Vermilla2008 replied to movingtarget | 9 years ago
0 likes
movingtarget wrote:

Nice setup! How do you like the Novatec CXDs?

The bike came with rather cheap & heavy wheels, to be expected when paying less than £1K. This is a recent bike upgrade, I've been commuting along a canal tow path for years on a Ridgeback Momentum, which, although absolutely fit for purpose, wasn't much fun. With the wheel upgrade, I've got a sub 9kg (just) cross bike for £1350, which I don't think is bad (although I'm sure you'll tell me I could have done better...). See the Novatec CXD review page elsewhere on this site for further discussion about the wheels (& some concerns raised about the low spoke count).

Noelieboy replied to RussianMichael | 9 years ago
0 likes
RussianMichael wrote:

I realise position is a very individual thing (ie comfort and saddle tilt-related issues) but it seems that your saddle is quite far back for a TT position, no? It closes the hip angle and reduces the power you can put down, sort-of handicapping your main power-generating muscles. Also, if you have no flexibility issues, you can really benefit from a lower or more stretched-out position on the front end, provided elbows are not too far off 90deg. Basically, there are mountains of 'free speed' to be gained by experimenting with position. Yours might already be optimal for you, I'm not a bike fitter, but just suggesting shifting saddle forward and dropping the stem lower if you haven't tried it already.

Thanks for the tip Michael. I have been bike fitted so the stem & handlebars I will leave as is but Yes maybe the saddle has crept forward since my fitting. I will double check with the bike fitter.

thanks for being so observant.
Noel

userfriendly replied to ibbo68 | 9 years ago
0 likes
ibbo68 wrote:

My three:-
Planet-X RT-58
Nukeproof Mega
Ragley Mmmbop.

What's the RT-58 like?

JackBuxton replied to Cambat | 9 years ago
0 likes

You could put any bike with that scenery in the background and it would be beautiful! Great looking bike though  4

TINY_FEMI replied to Noelieboy | 9 years ago
0 likes

Nice looking bike mate!
What wheels are you riding? They look awesome

stuke | 10 years ago
1 like

New TT bike adds to the n+1
Ridley Cheetah with Vision Trimax aerobars and Campag Veloce

rnarito | 10 years ago
1 like

My new aero bike-Felt AR4. Swapped out the stock wheel set in favor of some Zipp 404's I had on another bike. Everything else is stock.

Dunks517 | 10 years ago
1 like

Here is my bike on top of the Cairn O'Mount the other week. It's not what you've got is what you do with it apparently... Top tip: don't reach down for a drink only to realise that you've left your bidons nicely topped up at home!

russyparkin | 10 years ago
0 likes

my Salsa Chilli con Crosso

planning on racing cx this year, and a cheeky shot of it with the carbons on for a bit of road fun

124g | 10 years ago
0 likes

My Boardman CX Team a cracking ride

lisa76uk | 10 years ago
0 likes

I bought my GT GTR Series 3 (2010 model) from eBay in near immaculate condition due to the previous owner not using it all that much. The frame is butted hydroformed 6061 with carbon forks. The components did the job the job, but didn't really 'perform'. The ride initially felt very harsh.

I set about making upgrades, firstly a Selle Italia SLR Lady Flow saddle and Easton EC90 carbon seatpost which immediately improved the comfort. A friend at work gave me a spare handlebar from his collection which was a better fit, a Deda Elementi Big Piega, maybe not the most exciting bar, but, again, a lot more comfortable. The bike felt like it was carrying a lot of weight still and there seemed to be gaps in the 9 speed drivetrain. I'm um'd and ah'd and bit the bullet. I decided on the Shimano Ultegra 6800 groupset, more than perfect for me, only let down by the look of the chainset in my opinion (the Dura Ace version looks 'prettier'). I also got an RS81 C24 wheelset with 25mm Continental GP 4 Season tyres. I went for the C24s as I'm in the (seemingly constantly) windy North West, UK and the original 22mm deep rims were twitchy enough without going too much deeper. Overall I've shaved a good deal of weight from the bike since I've had it and got it down to 8.4kg which, although nowhere near a featherweight, really isn't too bad for an aluminium bike. (cue *grin*). Excuse the state of my flat decor. My excuse: forget decorating = more money for bike

edit: spelling

bashthebox | 10 years ago
0 likes

The new steed. 6.75kg, dura ace group, RS80 wheels (they'll be upgraded at some point). Fast as anything. I'm happy.

First ride.

harkstar | 10 years ago
1 like

This is my trusty triban 3 with carbon forks all for less than £300, never let me down not even a puncture, hopefully adding a new carbon summer bike soon

bailey19 | 10 years ago
3 likes

Picked up yesterday, Cevelo S3, Cosmic SLE's, Vector pedals.

bashthebox | 10 years ago
0 likes

Nope, it's a custom prototype. Watch this space.

sonyjim | 10 years ago
0 likes

My two bikes I use a lot. the 1986 Brian rourke is a great bike and I have just upgraded the wheels to the new Mavics. The Omega I have just built up over a period of years to the latest spec but will upgrade again as soon as finances allow. I do love Campag for the durability and the build quality.

sonyjim | 10 years ago
1 like

The one I only use on dry days !!!!!! this is a Merlin with titanium forks as well. It's just bad manners to use carbon forks !!!!

therevokid | 10 years ago
0 likes

My only road chariot  1

Gareth W-R | 10 years ago
0 likes

New build finished, let's hope it rides as good as it looks!
Planet X RT58
Fulcrum racing 5 wheel set
Campagnolo Chorus shifters and chainset
Athena front and rear derailleurs
Centaur brakes
Miche 11spd cassette 12-29
Mix of finishing kit bontrager bars, deda zero 2 stem, 3T seatpost, charge saddle

Build weighs in at 7kg dead on with pedals, xs size as I am a short arse!

roadracer 76 | 10 years ago
2 likes

Here she is
Custom build
Full carbon
Di2
I can't get anymore carbon on it..

chrisp1973 | 10 years ago
0 likes

My AR5

SirCav | 10 years ago
0 likes

My new ride (and I love it): A Felt F95.
This was taken just after I took delivery of it and I had put it together and before setting it up properly - the saddle has come down a couple of inches. For the price I paid for it (£399 new from Wiggle) I could not be more pleased.

Ali Gibb | 10 years ago
1 like

My Villager Criterion, bought 2nd hand a few years ago from a random shop in Switzerland!

BigAl68 | 10 years ago
0 likes

My planet X RT58. She look great and rides like a dream.

Shanefutcher | 10 years ago
0 likes

Heres my baby fitted with fulcrum racing 5's shod with conti's gp4000s and it has a san marco saddle

DefUnct | 10 years ago
0 likes

My trusty Trek 1000 with Campagnolo Mirage components and Campagnolo Vento wheels. It still meets all my needs.

Pages

Latest Comments