Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pictures of your Bike

So, I figured that no bicycle forum would be complete without pictures of bikes! Post your photos here, no bike will be refused: Road TT Triathlon Cyclocross MTB BMX Shixie Fixie And anything else! Lovely bikes lovely, but everyday bikes interesting too. I won't post first, but I'm taking pictures right now.  1 I wanna see what bikes you're all riding!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1407 comments

Derny | 9 years ago
1 like

The iron battleship in a state of moderate filth.

Derny | 9 years ago
0 likes

HMS Bridgestone. Her special talent is triggering inductive loop traffic signals.

Noelieboy | 9 years ago
2 likes

Thought I'd chip in with my Wilier Izoard.
105 Groupset
Swiss side Franc wheelset
Adding the wheels & the Tri bars has helped me cut my 10 mile TT down by 1m 40 secs on last years time.

aje | 9 years ago
1 like

My newly acquired Bernard Dangre; a rather old, sun-kissed, bargain-basement French racer. A car load of us are off to watch stages 4, 5 and 6 of the TDF in a couple of weeks - not taking our best bikes for fear of transport damage, theft outside the cafes, or forgetting where we left them.

Follow the fun here akas.co.nf/fourtoletour/

Vermilla2008 | 9 years ago
1 like

Planet X XLS with upgraded wheels, Novatec CXD. Used for daily commute along canal tow path, no cross racing (yet).

joemmo | 9 years ago
1 like

Fresh off the workstand

Kinesis Crosslight Pro6: mostly Shimano105 transmission with Sram chainset, Shimano br517 brakes with SLX rotors. Wheels are Hplus Son archetype rims on Hope hubs, Ritchey, Deda and Prologo finishing kit.

Shamblesuk | 9 years ago
1 like

R3 with 32mm Amp Hoops and Vittoria Corsa CX tubs. Week old.

matcad | 9 years ago
1 like

All the way from Montreal, Canada, my Felt AR5 custom build! Got a free frame after crashing my 2010 and decided to take advantage of the situation to upgrade everything around it  3

Cheers,
Math

jollygoodvelo | 9 years ago
0 likes

From earlier this evening.

//scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10426581_10152565894884859_8491495193368497294_n.jpg)

FiveFive | 9 years ago
0 likes

Condor Acciaio Stainless

Venseben | 9 years ago
2 likes

My bike

1dzynr | 9 years ago
0 likes

Here are a couple of mine....

Gman59c | 9 years ago
2 likes

My new Genesis

goggy | 9 years ago
1 like

My Specialized Tarmac S-Works frame that I built up with various bits so that I could get the colour and kit I wanted without being forced down the standard colour route by Specialized.

- Dura-Ace Di2 gears and derailleurs
- S-Works crank & chain rings
- Very light Dark Horse rims (same as Europcar South Africa ride on, good value for money)

Lavaman | 9 years ago
0 likes

Lavalady

Lavaman | 9 years ago
0 likes

Skunk

Redvee | 9 years ago
0 likes

N+1 today now makes 3 bikes in my flat with one to go soon.

Forme Calver Sport CX on C2W. Over budget but the original option of Merida Cyclo Cross 4 was too long for delivery so opted for this one 10 days ago.
There is still a rack to fit but not in stock at the LBS yet but I've got the bike to play with for a few days and tweak the set up. The refelctors and bell 'fell off' as soon as the bike came in through the door and the pedals will change to XT SPDs and some helicopter tape will be applied to the headtube at the weekend.

Redvee | 9 years ago
0 likes

N+1 today now makes 3 bikes in my flat with one to go soon.

Forme Calver Sport CX on C2W. Over budget but the original option of Merida Cyclo Cross 4 was too long for delivery so opted for this one 10 days ago.
There is still a rack to fit but not in stock at the LBS yet but I've got the bike to play with for a few days and tweak the set up. The refelctors and bell 'fell off' as soon as the bike came in through the door and the pedals will change to XT SPDs and some helicopter tape will be applied to the headtube at the weekend.

Maggers | 9 years ago
0 likes

My Commuter/recently pressed into L'Eroica service '70s Hirondelle.
Love the steel so much I sold my aluminium framed lapierre to afford the next n+1.

Edit: now accompanied by said n+1. My first scratch build.

Roberts XCR frame with a bit of bling
11spd chorus groupset
Ritchey classic stem and bars
Thompson seatpost (ritchey don't do a bloomin 30.6)
Campag vento wheels - budget for now but any suggestions for upgrades appreciated.

Smoggysteve | 9 years ago
1 like

Here is my beloved Bianchi Sempre Pro Ultegra

I have recently upgraded the cockpit to all Fizik cyrano R1 and R3 mix. Ride has always been amazing.

Handlebars - Fizik cyrano R3 42mm chameleon
Stem - Fizik Cyrano R1 90mm 9°
Seatpost - Fizik Cyrano R1
Saddle - Anteres R3 carbon braided rail
Wheels - Veltec Speed 6.0 tubular 1310g
Groupset - Ultegra 53/39 front 11-25 rear (soon to be Sram Red 11)
Brakes are still original Reparto Corse but will change when I get the Sram.

MarcMyWords | 9 years ago
1 like

Meet Ruby, my beautiful Giant Bowery 72, 2009 model. She's light as a Malteser and the saddle is more comfy than my sofa!

montgoma | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the opportunity to post!

JackBuxton replied to Cambat | 9 years ago
0 likes

You could put any bike with that scenery in the background and it would be beautiful! Great looking bike though  4

RussianMichael replied to Noelieboy | 9 years ago
0 likes

I realise position is a very individual thing (ie comfort and saddle tilt-related issues) but it seems that your saddle is quite far back for a TT position, no? It closes the hip angle and reduces the power you can put down, sort-of handicapping your main power-generating muscles. Also, if you have no flexibility issues, you can really benefit from a lower or more stretched-out position on the front end, provided elbows are not too far off 90deg. Basically, there are mountains of 'free speed' to be gained by experimenting with position. Yours might already be optimal for you, I'm not a bike fitter, but just suggesting shifting saddle forward and dropping the stem lower if you haven't tried it already.

movingtarget replied to Vermilla2008 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Nice setup! How do you like the Novatec CXDs?

MarcMyWords replied to Lavaman | 9 years ago
0 likes

Love the name 'Skunk'!

ibbo68 replied to jollygoodvelo | 9 years ago
0 likes

My three:-
Planet-X RT-58
Nukeproof Mega
Ragley Mmmbop.

Vermilla2008 replied to movingtarget | 9 years ago
0 likes
movingtarget wrote:

Nice setup! How do you like the Novatec CXDs?

The bike came with rather cheap & heavy wheels, to be expected when paying less than £1K. This is a recent bike upgrade, I've been commuting along a canal tow path for years on a Ridgeback Momentum, which, although absolutely fit for purpose, wasn't much fun. With the wheel upgrade, I've got a sub 9kg (just) cross bike for £1350, which I don't think is bad (although I'm sure you'll tell me I could have done better...). See the Novatec CXD review page elsewhere on this site for further discussion about the wheels (& some concerns raised about the low spoke count).

Noelieboy replied to RussianMichael | 9 years ago
0 likes
RussianMichael wrote:

I realise position is a very individual thing (ie comfort and saddle tilt-related issues) but it seems that your saddle is quite far back for a TT position, no? It closes the hip angle and reduces the power you can put down, sort-of handicapping your main power-generating muscles. Also, if you have no flexibility issues, you can really benefit from a lower or more stretched-out position on the front end, provided elbows are not too far off 90deg. Basically, there are mountains of 'free speed' to be gained by experimenting with position. Yours might already be optimal for you, I'm not a bike fitter, but just suggesting shifting saddle forward and dropping the stem lower if you haven't tried it already.

Thanks for the tip Michael. I have been bike fitted so the stem & handlebars I will leave as is but Yes maybe the saddle has crept forward since my fitting. I will double check with the bike fitter.

thanks for being so observant.
Noel

userfriendly replied to ibbo68 | 9 years ago
0 likes
ibbo68 wrote:

My three:-
Planet-X RT-58
Nukeproof Mega
Ragley Mmmbop.

What's the RT-58 like?

Pages

Latest Comments