Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pictures of your Bike

So, I figured that no bicycle forum would be complete without pictures of bikes! Post your photos here, no bike will be refused: Road TT Triathlon Cyclocross MTB BMX Shixie Fixie And anything else! Lovely bikes lovely, but everyday bikes interesting too. I won't post first, but I'm taking pictures right now.  1 I wanna see what bikes you're all riding!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1414 comments

andystow replied to IanGlasgow | 2 years ago
2 likes

IanGlasgow wrote:

What I like best about this thread is the number of bikes on a website for roadies that aren't road bikes.

Wait, this site is for roadies? I've never even owned a road bike. What am I doing here?

Steve K replied to FireWaterBoy | 2 years ago
1 like

That's so cool.  Roughly, what's the process for doing it?

Steve K replied to andystow | 2 years ago
3 likes

Now they've got the cake as an extra clue.

FireWaterBoy replied to Steve K | 2 years ago
3 likes

The process was really simple. Just sprayed it white and drew on it with a permanent marker. And then got a very thick lacquer put on it to protect it. It looked like glass when it was done!

Steve K replied to FireWaterBoy | 2 years ago
1 like

You make it sound so simple!

FireWaterBoy replied to Steve K | 2 years ago
3 likes

The process was simple but the actual drawing was quite difficult. Drawing cubes on a round frame was really hard! Also at the beginning had lots of problems with smudging so had to clean/redo a lot of parts, that nearly finished me off no

ktache replied to IanGlasgow | 2 years ago
0 likes

Exceptional greenery.

Rendel Harris replied to richliv | 2 years ago
2 likes

richliv wrote:

I'm hardly going to post my bike (hi, thieves, come on in) but here's my favourite cake at the local cake stop. Mmm...

Most people get round that by not, um, posting their address along with the picture...

chrisonabike replied to IanGlasgow | 2 years ago
0 likes

IanGlasgow wrote:

Here's my commuter.
[...] Oh, and replaced the Gates CDN belt with a CDX model (the rear sprocket and belt both failed, Gates sent me the upgrade under warranty).

Yours doesn't seem to have got out much judging by the plants. +1 for the practical accessories - IGH, rack, mudguards. I'd love something like that for day-to-day trips! Currently use 1980s Dawes Galaxy (with dynamo hub) simply because it's indestructable and tatty so not worried about dings / attracting attention.

Still not sold on belt drive but for urban use, if it stays cleaner than a chain maybe? It's the whole "perfect until it suddenly fails" / "brand lock-in" worries.

Flintshire Boy replied to IanGlasgow | 2 years ago
0 likes

So, basically a new bike, yeh?(!)

Judge dreadful | 3 years ago
9 likes

I took the Bianchi on a 100 miler to really stretch it's legs. I stopped at the place where the rules / laws of the modern game of cricket were formulated.

paslemeilleur | 3 years ago
3 likes

From Treviso - 'Fatta In Italia' - a much loved Opera Leonardo ageing well.

Westgatelad | 3 years ago
6 likes

Hi guys. New here. 
Took up cycling to get fit and ended up falling in love around 5 years ago.

Started on a giant rapid. Ended up buying a defy. Sold them both and after 2 months I missed it so much I ended up looking for another and found this gem.

i understand it isn't latest model. But it was seriously too good a price to not buy.

I have rode the ass out of it in the few months I have had it.

SanPedro | 3 years ago
5 likes

Up in the Sierra Nevada, Spain, where I live. Some terrific roads out here. It's only a humble B'TWIN but it gets me where I want to go.

Judge dreadful | 3 years ago
5 likes

A few more miles on my 'best bike' I found this NHS tribute mural on the wall of a pub, which is funny, because it used to have a very different meaning.

mtb_roadtripper | 3 years ago
1 like

Hey, new here, I guess I've been a road cyclist for years but the pandemic forced me to really enjoy it and I think i may be becoming more Roadie than MTB. This is my current fleet. 

From left to right. 
Kingdom Vendetta Ti
YT Capra Pro Race 29 2018
Giant Defy Adv 1 2016
Genesis Tour de Fer 2.0...i think, 2017 I think. 

kil0ran | 3 years ago
2 likes

Calibre Two Cubed, soon to be resplendent in DMR deathgrips in tango, and probably an orange Alpkit Possum frame bag

Orbeaman | 3 years ago
3 likes

Put this in the wrong place, but what else did you expect from me?

njblackadder | 3 years ago
8 likes

I miss the days when this was the pinnacle!! She was like a part of me. I guess not much has changed in reality, but there seems to be much more hype and misinformation around these days. Maybe I'm just getting old!

mtb_roadtripper | 3 years ago
9 likes

Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0. Forgot to put chain into big ring, apologies. Managed to smash out a 200 mile ride yesterday in her 3rd outing (yes im showing off a bit). Reckon im in love. 

Oxoman1965 | 3 years ago
3 likes

My current stable having been cleaned and serviced whilst off shift recently. Description not in order
2018 Defy Adv Pro1 tubeless IRC tyres
2010 Moda Bolero 105 triple tourer and wet bike also running tubeless on Borg wheels and IRC tyres.
2017 ? TCX SLR2 cyclocross bike currently running smaller front chainset and 42 smart sam tyres.
2015 Anthem full sus only mod is a 11/42 rear cassette.
2017 Boardman team hardtail still stock and technically youngest lads but used by me more.
All used and abused and probably covering around 5k a yr at the moment, usually a bit more but Covid put paid to various trips out.

jameshammy | 3 years ago
10 likes

Here's my just-finished Reilly T325D. Specced and built myself with only the best components. Absolutely love being on a titanium bike. 

redspear999 | 3 years ago
7 likes

My Sarto Veneto on a jaunt round Stockbridge.

Ecce Homer | 3 years ago
5 likes

This is "Rosinante", my Giant Contend SL2 Disc in full day touring trim (and newly booted for winter with Conti GP4S). Neither of us are anything special, but we have fun together. Anyone seen any windmills to tilt at?

andystow | 3 years ago
2 likes

On the tail end of quarantine due to catching COVID-19. I gave it a good wash, touched up the black bits, and new seasonally appropriate bar tape.

Weejus | 3 years ago
4 likes

I try and ride the Cinelli HoBootleg 50 K every Saturday, i love it..!!

Rekrab | 3 years ago
6 likes

This is my current mile muncher.

2020 Dolan pre cursa.
Conquer elite S-300 wheelset
Conquer elite RX crankset
Alpina carbon seatpost
Alpina carbon fork (with alloy steerer)

Steve K | 3 years ago
3 likes

Given all the recent articles about cycling goalkeeper, Ben Foster, I thought I'd post a picture of me, my bike and another ex-Premier League goalkeeper.

Bezzard74 | 3 years ago
5 likes

Hi all,

New here and thought i'd intoduce MS Nasty - A Surly Midnight Special in Perry Winkles Sparkle blue (Aka Greggs coloured!).

frhtfkr | 3 years ago
1 like

Building this bike during pandemic, hard to procure parts, but finally able to build after 6 months

Pages

Latest Comments