Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pictures of your Bike

So, I figured that no bicycle forum would be complete without pictures of bikes! Post your photos here, no bike will be refused: Road TT Triathlon Cyclocross MTB BMX Shixie Fixie And anything else! Lovely bikes lovely, but everyday bikes interesting too. I won't post first, but I'm taking pictures right now.  1 I wanna see what bikes you're all riding!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1415 comments

Oldfatgit | 4 years ago
4 likes

The top image is of my Raleigh Revenio, August last year.

The bottom image is the same bike, 5 minutes later (although the image was take a week on ...)

viktorapo | 4 years ago
5 likes

My baby, Bianchi Aria 105 Disc

Doug.F. | 4 years ago
1 like

Hope you continue to improve.

Trust I am not being insensitive,but what hapened ?

Best wishes.

Doug.

serbanalexandru | 4 years ago
1 like

this is my merida ride disc 300, love it full tiagra with fsa gossamer crankset, schwalbe marathon plus tyres, its a pleasure to ride it.

Xena | 4 years ago
2 likes

Here’s my sub 4 kilo custom guru  . Enjoy 

Xena | 4 years ago
2 likes

Here’s a vid of the bike . It has enve  1 forks . I switched the forks to lighter ones that are in the photo above .

i will post my cervelo , just waiting for new bb to come . Then I take photo and post .

Miller | 4 years ago
4 likes

@oldfatgit, what a horrible experience. 

Anyways... here's a bike I recently put together for commuting. I bought a Kinesis Tripster AT frame when they were widely on sale earlier this year and have built it up with Shimano Metrea components done as 1x11 and some carbon bars and seatpost from China. Comes in at 9.5kg as pictured. I'm really enjoying riding it, being able to use wider tyres really does make a commute on UK's endlessly dug up roads more pleasant.

//live.staticflickr.com/65535/48885156598_5e6280e4da_b.jpg)

jbw118 | 4 years ago
2 likes

Picture of my Summer Bike Ribble 872 with Cinelli finishing kit. Taken before it went into hibernation for a winter rebuild.

theraPi | 4 years ago
2 likes

My Frankenstein monster.

Alloy "Hood Cycles Comp Race" frame, model year unknown to me,

Self built wheels: Mavic cxp30 sup rims and some Hubs with matching spoke count I found

Mixed 105 and Claris Groupset.

Specialized toupe comp gel saddle

Cartridge Square taper BB with some Truvativ cranks.

//i.imgur.com/lMXGH4P.jpg)

Full size: https://i.imgur.com/lMXGH4P.jpg

Halx00 | 4 years ago
0 likes

This is one I had forgotten about.

Reynolds 731? or 735 ??

Very nice bike.

Metal Mania | 4 years ago
1 like

This is my ex winter bike, having been in a crash very similar sounding to Oldfatgit's below.

peter101cycle | 4 years ago
1 like

Recently acquired R5 as good weather bike, with Stages power meter and narrower 25mm tyres....

slowandsteady | 4 years ago
10 likes

I'm riding... to the shops.

carlosdsanchez | 4 years ago
5 likes

Kinesis GTD Ti

105 groupset, Fulcrum racing 5 wheels - my new commuter. Should have had a longer conversation with the wife before picking the parts, turns out she wouldn't have objected to me spending an extra £1k on it, so I could have had carbon wheels and Di2 as well.

maxbaker | 4 years ago
0 likes

Whether you want to post your new bike to your favorite forum, showcase your steed for your Instagram fans, or just want to show off your latest upgrades, there are a few keys to taking a great bike photo (that won’t be picked apart in the comments). In today’s post we’ll look at the dos and don’ts of snapping a brilliant bike pic!

Dangerous Dan | 4 years ago
2 likes

The tandem.  A good touring steed.

paslemeilleur | 4 years ago
3 likes

...a much loved John Perks 531 out in the sun...

paslemeilleur | 4 years ago
1 like

The real thing: from the Museum collection at the Ghisallo

Pictures of your bike ...if only...

pwake | 4 years ago
4 likes

Before and after of my Scott Addict Gravel. Ditched the Ultegra and replaced with Record EPS. Also got a respray. I kept the stock wheels for CX/gravel events and swap them in as needed. I guess this is my 'quiver-killer' as I've now raced road, CX and gravel on this bike in the past year. And I always find that I am the only Campagnolo equipped rider at CX/gravel events...

billyparks36 | 4 years ago
0 likes

pinarello razha picked up brand new in clearance sale for 800 quid..i thought it was a bargain?stuck some fulcrum racing 400's on it..removed white fulcrum decals..should i remove red decals from wheels too?..what do ya think?..bike rides well good handling especially at speed 

srchar | 4 years ago
5 likes

New bike time! Jumped on the disc brake bandwagon.

Bianchi Infinito CV disc, with Campagnolo H11 and Super Record.

Build cost £2375, consisting of:
Campag H11 shifters + calipers, H11 chainset and SR mechs £650.92 (I know!)
Last year's Bianchi Infinito CV disc frame £1199.99
Zonda DB wheels + rotors £260
Chorus cassette (spares box)
Campagnolo Potenza chain £33.63
Fizik Antares saddle (spares box)
Bianchi bars £40
Bianchi stem £10
Bianchi full carbon seatpost £60
Veloflex Corsa tyres and Vittoria latex tubes £77.29
Shimano SPD pedals (spares box) 
Praxis Works conversion BB £29.99
Supacaz bar tape + plugs £13.99

Durianrider1 | 4 years ago
2 likes

Pragma Power on a 235km ride few days ago.

SanSan | 4 years ago
4 likes

A 'little unusual', not your average bike but when you live on a volcano with no car and no shops this is a life-saver.  We have two (one with pink sheepskin and a goat skull).  We cover around 50km per day most days, 99% on mountain gravel tracks away from traffic, and use them for everything from shopping (4 days food with the panniers on 2 bikes - or much more with our trailer), touring and days out with Baba our dog who fits nicely in the pannier bag.

They are a couple of end-of-line Corratec 28 ebikes, modded for rough gravel track use in hostile environments (windy, salty, dusty, 50 degrees heat, no shade and mountainous).

The main essential mod was the tyres which we replaced (slippery on gravel) with Continental AT gravel tyres and puncture sealant liquid (all plants have thorns here)

The other practical essential were the Ortlieb Classic rolltop bags - zips fail quickly here because of the sand and dust in the air.  They carry Baba the dog, a comprehensive toolkit with spares such as spokes, tubes and nuts n bolts - bits can drop off! plus drinks, spare clothing, food and shopping.   We get 2 days shopping for two on one set of Ortliebs, they are a design classic.

The other lifesaver is the Bosch Nyon - the map it uses shows all the backroads and gravel tracks reliably, making for a safe journey home when the light is fading and the powerpack is at 15% (yes Ive done it and had to walk home across two mountain ranges in the dead of night with a 45 kilo bike  - never again!)

The sheepskin wrap is a great way the protect the frame from the large amounts of dust - plus everyone knows it's your bike too  3

The bones are just for decoration (rather than bright colours and flash words adorning many bikes)  we find them in the desert and mountains where animals such as goats and hunting dogs die naturally and the flesh is consumed by the vultures.  The skull is made from the horns of 3 goats (giver of life to the island) and the head of a hunting dog which the farmers use for protection for the goats - the spine is supported by a coat hanger wire down the top-tube.  I did have the ribcage of the dog but it proved a little flimsy to secure to the frame.

Weighing in at a minimum of 45 kilos fully laden, depending of the day's journey here's what goes wrong:

1. Inner tubes!  everything has thorns so puncture protection liquid like Slime is a must.
2. Spokes! always carry some spare, and some tape to secure it to the adjacent spoke and limp home.

3. Mudguards with the wire to the back light built in - these are rubbish as the connections rot with the salty air - I taped some speaker wired over the top instead.

4. Nuts and bolts - carry some spares for emergency repairs - bits like kickstands, pannier racks and other bolt-ons have a habit of snapping.

I always carry tie-wraps for emergency repairs, spare water and a muesli bar.

Having run them almost every day for 2 years across mountains, deserts, beaches and volcanoes I can honestly say they are the most practical and fun transport I have ever used, and would I go back to using a car? ...never  4

Halx00 | 3 years ago
2 likes

is this too far during lockdown?

Nicolas De Roeck | 3 years ago
6 likes

Hi, i'm new here.

Here is one of my bikes, my absolute favorite at the moment heart

It's a '80s steel Diamant wich I restored and repainted. With a Ultegra/105 groupset. At the moment there are 27mm Challenge Roubaix tires in (accually almost 30mm on this rims). 

She rides like a dream, not fast out of the corners but once she's on the roll she keeps going. Just put on the cruisecontrol ..

kamrankhan | 3 years ago
3 likes

Bianchi Oltre XR1 prepped and ready for summer rides

Judge dreadful | 3 years ago
3 likes

Here's my effort. Bianchi Oltre XR4, with the 12 speed Super Record eps groupy, and hydraulic disc brakes ( which I normally really don't like on road bikes).

Halx00 | 3 years ago
3 likes

Just added some gears to my single speed Reynolds 531 Steve Thornhill. Stronglight Teflon 48T/35T chainrings to 11-32 cassette.

Shimano RS500 wheelset with 28mm Vittorias, but I could fit 32mm's..

The ride quality is that good I've sold my full carbon.

Comes in at 8.6 Kg ,not bad for an old steel bike  3

Halx00 | 3 years ago
2 likes

100k ride today.

Absolutely gorgeous weather, and after losing 2 stone, hills seem alot easier.

brooksby replied to Boatsie | 4 years ago
0 likes

Boatsie wrote:

I'm not sure if I've posted this bike. I like it. Double butted chromoly, weighed at 10.56kg, front weight bias, light 7 speed rear end. I'm trying to find my drill. I bought $20(Australian) lay bars, removed the stands and will get a better purchase fastening directly through cross bar. The lay bars are concave around bolt holes to suit an easy install. Fasteners (2 longer bolts +shaped washers less than $5Australian) Cost of bike with bright usb rechargeable lights front/rear on useable GP4000 Continental tyres: $100(Australian) Eg all up, less than 70 quid. 2 cm shorter than my others but agile on the drops and laybars should ease the straights. 1 happy cyclist.

How many bikes do you currently own, Boatsie? I've only got two.

Pages

Latest Comments