Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pictures of your Bike

So, I figured that no bicycle forum would be complete without pictures of bikes! Post your photos here, no bike will be refused: Road TT Triathlon Cyclocross MTB BMX Shixie Fixie And anything else! Lovely bikes lovely, but everyday bikes interesting too. I won't post first, but I'm taking pictures right now.  1 I wanna see what bikes you're all riding!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1414 comments

john_smith replied to Toad OTM | 3 days ago
0 likes

Very nice. The stem looks quite futuristic for 1983. Do you know if it's original?

KINGROLLO replied to Jimmy Ray Will | 5 months ago
1 like

no it isn't fully integrated.

I brought the framset only and got a local mechanic to swap all the stuff over from my broken bike. He advised against full integration as he says it puts hours of labour onto even simple jobs.

im pretty happy with how it looks anyway - don't want to look to slick as people will expect me to go fast !

Great bike though - best carbon bike Ive owned...by some distance.

jaymack replied to ktache | 2 months ago
1 like

...always!

ktache replied to LordSandwich | 4 days ago
2 likes

That fork bracket makes a lot of sense.

LordSandwich replied to ktache | 3 days ago
2 likes

Yeah, I thought the fork bracket was a brilliant idea when I first saw it, because I don't like lying the bike down. Also, Zafira B middle seats are kind of annoying because they don't lay down perfectly flat, so laying it down is a challenge. However they can slide forward, which allow me to mount it upright like in the picture with minimal wrestling to get it in!😂

mark1a replied to LordSandwich | 3 days ago
2 likes

I tried something similar with some timber and a pair of Delta hitches, with (unlike yourself) limited success, and so for people like myself with minimal (zero) woodworking skills, the Vergo range from Minoura is an off the shelf alternative.

andystow replied to mark1a | 3 days ago
3 likes

I couldn't get that to work.

Rendel Harris replied to mark1a | 3 days ago
3 likes

You are Dave Brailsford and I claim my £5...is there anything cool in the bike line you haven't got?!

mark1a replied to Rendel Harris | 3 days ago
2 likes

Rendel Harris wrote:

...is there anything cool in the bike line you haven't got?!

I hope not.

LordSandwich replied to mark1a | 3 days ago
1 like

Your setup is a lot tidier than mine, for sure! 😅

Nat Jas Moe replied to jaymack | 4 weeks ago
0 likes

The dirt proves its used :)

wtjs replied to Nat Jas Moe | 4 weeks ago
1 like

Mainly what it proves is a foolish aversion to mudguards

jaymack replied to wtjs | 3 weeks ago
3 likes

No aversion to mudguards here. I stupidly followed the GPS and took a series of very wrong turns. Still it was a grand day out which is what it's all about I suppose.

andystow | 2 years ago
2 likes

I won this bike in a raffle from a local beer distributor just over six years ago. It's a branded version for Chicago's Goose Island Brewery, for their 312 Urban Wheat Ale. It may look like aluminium with its oval down tube, but it's a steel frame, seat post, and bar.

It is a flip-flop single speed that I run on the non-fixed side. I geared it down a little so I can climb all the local hills, and added a rear brake, toe clips, and straps. The bottle cage and pump are on a TwoFish Quick Cage Adapter, as this frame has not a single braze-on. It's a lot of fun and I've put just over 1000 4500 miles on it. It weighs just under 30 lb. Rear bag is a Sackville.

The bike is a custom version of this $300-$400 (£225-£300) mail-order bike.

Looks like they've done a lot of other corporate branding, too. Anyone fancy an AUDI? You're automatically exempt from signalling your turns when you ride it, and other cyclists have to move out of your way.

SpeedSter99 | 2 years ago
4 likes

Cannondale 2.8 Crit Frame with 105 Groupset - 11 Speed

Recently overhaul

David9694 | 2 years ago
3 likes

My Spa Audax 2017 build. Ultegra, home-built wheels, running Gator Skins.
Sorry for the ungainly pose, but it decided to stand up by itself when I was doing a post ride rub down. 

David9694 | 2 years ago
3 likes

my 2014 Genesis Equilibrium commuter. It was originally metallic dark grey with a green and yellow stripe - I had it resprayed by Mercian; decals by Ebay.

paslemeilleur | 2 years ago
2 likes

2001 Terraliner: main transport & touring.

matthewn5 | 2 years ago
3 likes

New winter bike! I bought this Spesh Allez Sprint Comp frame as 'new other' from a chap in St Albans in December 2020, then we locked down and it was months before I could organise to get it... Over the spring I built it up with an old Athena group I had off the commuter I no longer needed since we all started WfH, and some Pacenti rims handbuilt on nice old Campag hubs. Then we were supposed to go back to the office so I bought mudguards as a commuter, and then we didn't go back to the office after all.

Anyway, in December 2021 I signed up for the Festive 500, so I finally put the mudguards on and rode it  through mud, fog, rain, fords, bridleways and tracks over the last week to complete the 500. To sum up: this has proved to be a brilliant fun bike, stiff and lively, with plenty of clearance for guards and bigger tyres, and it absolutely flies. Who said winter bikes had to be boring?

//serving.photos.photobox.com/61936127854c593bf79ac245042248d0375d6491c4ffbfeb2e80ee502b0f998668e16ca6.jpg)

//serving.photos.photobox.com/71175177ecd1754173e28decba8cb578bf258fbe18df383dfba987860725eeaf4fbc0a7d.jpg)

Oldfatgit | 2 years ago
5 likes

My Cannondale Synapse Neo 2 ebike.
Wouldn't be riding without it, that's for sure.

andystow | 2 years ago
9 likes

Today was a fatbike sort of day. The front tyre is studded, which makes an enormous difference on ice.

Temperature was -10 °C, and I had bare hands under the pogies.

Tom_77 | 2 years ago
4 likes

Ribble Gravel Al, my new commuting bike for when I'm allowed back in the office. Hoping to do some light off-roading too when the weather improves.

Jimwill | 2 years ago
2 likes

Ribble ultra ttr

Jimwill | 2 years ago
1 like

Boardman 8.9C, Ultegra R8000. Edco eight 2s that have since been swapped with the mavics that came with my ttr

Jimwill | 2 years ago
5 likes

Workhorse/winter bike. Carrera Vanquish. Only frames original, wheelset groupset handlebars and saddle are taken from boardman 8.9c slr and a cheap carbon post

mark1a | 2 years ago
5 likes

Morning all, long time lurker on this forum, here's my S-Works Venge... photo taken before bikefit could be arranged, so saddle is a little high.

AlessandroFabrizio | 2 years ago
0 likes

I purchased a Factor OSTRO VAM, from an official dealer in Italy. 
Factor’s official distributor delivered to me a damaged frame with no CeramicSpeed bottom bracket installed arbitrarily replaced with another component.
They agreed to replace the frame but in assembling the new frameset Factor’s technician damaged the handlebar and scratched the frame.
When I claimed Factor’s service center for damage, it denied responsibility claiming that the damage on the frame had not been reported by me at the time of delivering the bike.
This is not serious on Factor’s part. 
I believe that blaming customer for not having discovered a damage that has been clearly caused by the incompetence of Factor’s technicians in assembling the frame is not only unprofessional but also grossly offensive to the customer.
I filed a complaint to Factor but Factor did nothing to protect my rights.
I look forward to hearing from Factor Bikes.

srchar | 2 years ago
9 likes

Mason Definition with Campagnolo H11/Chorus/Zondas and Deda finishing kit. I bought the frame from eBay and it looked pretty sorry for itself on arrival. However, after a wash and polish, and some new inserts, it looks great. The reviews on here are accurate; it really does make you want to ride everywhere like you've just sat on a wasp. I plan to do LEJOG on it later this year, if I can find the time.

Rick's Bike | 2 years ago
2 likes

My EVO I restored this 2014 Cannondale EVO from the beat up mess it was. It looked like the previous owner threw it into the back of a truck everytime he used it. I rode it for a summer. It's currently for sale on eBay...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165392045471

Rick's Bike | 2 years ago
3 likes

This is my curent 2016 Cannondale EVO... it's a Hi-Mod and restored as well...

Pages

Latest Comments