Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pictures of your Bike

So, I figured that no bicycle forum would be complete without pictures of bikes! Post your photos here, no bike will be refused: Road TT Triathlon Cyclocross MTB BMX Shixie Fixie And anything else! Lovely bikes lovely, but everyday bikes interesting too. I won't post first, but I'm taking pictures right now.  1 I wanna see what bikes you're all riding!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1407 comments

Halx00 | 1 year ago
4 likes

Looks like Raleigh had the gravel bike sorted in1995

The Larger Cyclist | 1 year ago
3 likes

Had a gardener round to tidy up and he got my old bike out from the undergrowth. It's over 30yrs old but I think it'll buff up ......🤔

andystow | 1 year ago
2 likes

I've wanted a Brompton for a long time, and now I have one. Shown here with the Bickerton it replaces, the Brompton is much nicer.

Flat bar, 6 very useable speeds, no rear rack. It weighs the same as the Bickerton, but folds significantly smaller.

KDee | 1 year ago
2 likes

My 2021 Scott Addict 10 (not the RC, this is the "endurance" version). Swapped out the aluminium bar for a carbon Control Tech one, Supacaz bar tape, Fizik Argo Tempo saddle, Prime RR 38 wheels with Conti' GP5000 32c TL's.

MB | 1 year ago
8 likes

Custom randonneur designed with @SimonStanforth. Love it!

nordog | 1 year ago
1 like

Had this bike now for four years and 8000 miles and counting I ride for shopping, hauling recycling stuff to the Tip, off & on-road pleasure rides etc. I took the photo on the most stupid highways junction lane marking a complete waste of time & money as they are allowed to park stopping the traffic that the markings were put there for.

IanMSpencer | 1 year ago
5 likes

Well, now I'm down to 2, here is one post-ride today. Comfy Giant Revolt Advanced in gravel mode. It doubles as my winter road bike with a switch of wheels and full Flinger mudguards.

mark1a | 1 year ago
3 likes

New addition to the fleet, a titanium Vaaru MPA.

Built for some longer distance rides

Shimano 105 R7000 mechanical/hydro disc groupset
4iiii power meter
Hunt Four Seasons wheelset
Schwalbe G-One Speed 30mm tubeless
Prime cockpit

Halx00 | 1 year ago
5 likes

My new build Surly Pacer with 105 R7000 groupset and an Ultegra wheelset.

Recently added mudguards and some Vittoria Corsa 30mm tyres.

Stealth78 | 1 year ago
0 likes

https://t.me/pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram
Make 1000% and more within 1 day, join channel @pump_upp !

mark1a | 1 year ago
6 likes

Here is my winter build project, complete. It's a dedicated hillclimber, I'm hoping to shed a few more kg myself over spring and summer, before possibly taking it to my local club hillclimb TT in September. 

Comes in at 5.99kg, and was built from mostly used / second-hand components. Obviously I had a budget to stick to, and this is not a no-compromise all out featherweight. However I'll be scouring eBay for alternative wheels, cranks, tyres, etc to come up and so there's definitely a few hundred more grams that could come off.

Frameset: Boardman SLR Race Signature (ex ONE Pro Cycling / Kamil Gradek)
Wheels: Mavic Ksyrium SL25 / Ti skewers
Tyres: Michelin Power Time Trial 23mm / butyl tubes
Bars: FSA Energy 40cm (cut back)
Stem: Prime Doyenne Lightweight 100mm
Rear mech: Shimano Ultegra 6870 Di2 / SM-R600 shifter
Crankset: Specialized carbon crank / TA Specialities 33T 1x ring
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra R8000 11-28T
Brakes: FSA SL-K calipers / Specialized Top Mount levers
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Tekno Flow / Toseek carbon post
Pedals: Shimano Dura Ace 9000 SPD-SL

Sriracha replied to SpeedSter99 | 2 years ago
2 likes

Nice. I get overhauled on mine too.

Captain Badger replied to David9694 | 2 years ago
3 likes

David9694 wrote:

my 2014 Genesis Equilibrium commuter. It was originally metallic dark grey with a green and yellow stripe - I had it resprayed by Mercian; decals by Ebay.

You seem to have put the forks on the wrong way up.

The frame's upside down too.

mark1a replied to mark1a | 2 years ago
3 likes

This is my S-Works Roubaix Team. Effectively a Roubaix with the geometry of a Tarmac. 

mdavidford replied to AlessandroFabrizio | 2 years ago
3 likes

I suppose technically it's sort of a picture of your bike, but I'm not sure you quite got the spirit of the thread...

[Edit: Also, I'm particularly pleased that I managed to get comment 1337 on this thread :o) ]

Rich_cb replied to srchar | 2 years ago
1 like

I think you snaffled this from under my nose!

He who hesitates is lost!

Hope you enjoy the bike, I'm not jealous, honest...

andystow replied to MB | 1 year ago
1 like

Absolutely gorgeous! I see RH tyres. What crankset and front rack are those?

Steve K replied to mark1a | 1 year ago
1 like

Very nice.

Halx00 replied to Halx00 | 1 year ago
3 likes

older pix

mark1a replied to mark1a | 2 years ago
6 likes

This is a replica of the 1985/1986 La Vie Claire TdF winners, as ridden by Bernard Hinault & Greg LeMond. It's a Reynolds 753R frame & fork, with most parts sourced either NOS or used/servicable. Equipped with modern brake pads & tyres however, and I am taking it to Eroica Britannia later this year, now it has returned.

Hirsute replied to mdavidford | 2 years ago
2 likes

Is that your age ?

srchar replied to Rich_cb | 2 years ago
1 like

Maybe, maybe not. It had been on for quite some time, overpriced IMO for being in apparently not the best condition and having a QR/post-mount rear end. I offered what I thought was a fair price when it was first listed, but the seller declined. Then I waited a few weeks while it got relisted at lower and lower prices. I ended up getting it for what I originally offered.

A previous bike24 fire sale on Campag bits means the cost to build was just over £1600. It replaces a Kinesis T3 which I *should* sell, but may just keep for when I need to lock a bike up, as the Mason just looks a bit too flash.

mdavidford replied to Hirsute | 2 years ago
0 likes

Yes - in hamster years.

Rich_cb replied to srchar | 2 years ago
1 like

You've got an absolute bargain there.

It's always good to have a pub bike too so I'd keep hold of the kinesis as well, can never have too many bikes!

quiff replied to srchar | 2 years ago
0 likes

Nice build. I rode LEJOG on my Definition in 2017 (I bought it with that trip in mind), and it was a great companion. What guards are you using? I have recently snapped the SKS Longboards that I had on it, so looking for replacements.   

ktache replied to MB | 1 year ago
1 like

Please give us a rundown of the parts.

She's a beaut!

I especially like the hammered mudguards.

srchar replied to quiff | 2 years ago
2 likes

They're Kinesis Fend Offs. Nice aluminum guards, but a bit of a faff to fit. Had to drill out the rivets on the front guard mount and reattach it the opposite way round with new rivets, as there's no front-facing mounting point on the Mason fork. Then had to reprofile the guard using pliers wrapped with electrical tape so that it would fit between the fork legs. Also had to drill a hole in the rear guard and source a 5mm plastic stand-off to make use of  the seatstay bridge mount. But solid enough once fitted, definitely won't be snapping!

quiff replied to srchar | 2 years ago
0 likes

Thanks. Have to admit I've always paid a LBS to fit my guards for fear of this sort of faff and making a pig's ear of it! 

Pilot Pete | 2 years ago
8 likes

Something for when it's drier and hillier...!

Pilot Pete | 2 years ago
6 likes

And drier and flatter.....!

Pages

Latest Comments