Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Peruzzo Professional 1 Bike Roof Rack? Any Good?

I need to get a roof mount cycle carrier to fit my roof bars. Planet X have told me not to get the standard type which clamps onto the frame but to use the fork mount type as the fork is designed to take the stresses at the dropouts. Seemed to make sense.

My choices seem to be:

Thule 561 (£90) - Very nice
Whispbar (£120) - Very very nice

or a few places are selling the Peruzzo Professional 1 at around £25:

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/peruzzo-professional-1-bike-roof-bar-rack...

Has anyone tried one of these? I'm skint and could do without shelling out £90-120 for a carrier but at the same time dont want to see my carbon bike bounce down the M6 in the rear view mirror...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Fitted it to my dad's car, it's quite tricky to install, but seems to work well.

The only thing that is bothering me is the strap that holds the rear wheel in, it's kind of crap, and renders the whole thing useless, so I've already replaced it with something more suitable.

It seems to have been swapped over either by the people at Evans, or at Madison, because the box had been opened and sealed with a Madison sticker.

The wheel carrier is really good too.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

No, I ordered it from Evans, and its arriving before 8pm, so I'll be able tell you whether its up to the job soon.

falls offlots | 11 years ago
0 likes

Cheers Aldecycle, i hadn't come across the Elite San Remo I'll have a look. Have you used it yet?

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Elite San Remo.

Just got one today.

Its like £30

falls offlots | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Dave. From what I can see the Peruzzo is fairly basic and doesnt look as pretty as the others. Which doesn't really bother me as long as my bike is still in place on arrival.

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

not had any experience of it here at road.cc towers i'm afraid, we might try and call one in though to have a looksee

Latest Comments