Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Compiling Rider Scores

Hello,

I'm looking for some help. I want to compile rider scores for the Giro only (I know I can check total scores per rider). I've copied and pasted each set of scores from the stages page into tabs of an excel workbook but can't think of an easy way to compile these onto one worksheet in a:

Name | Team | Stage 1 Score | Stage 2 Score | etc etc | Total

kind of format so I can see who scored how much and when.

I know it's geeky, but I want to try and work out over the three weeks which would have been the best picks when and, for my purist team, who averages more points, sprinters, climbers or breakaways over the three weeks.

Any suggestions?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

17 comments

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thank you!

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

oooops.

all riders who scored should now be in the historical lists

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Dave, what happened to the scores on the http://fantasy.road.cc/riders page? Your wonderful fix doesn't seem to work anymore for any race other than the TdS and CdD?

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

http://fantasy.road.cc/riders

It's the last column, you'll have to go to the Giro comp as the Dauphine doesn't have any points yet but it's the same place, just click on the Riders tab at the top of the fantasy page.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

For everyone's information, the best possible purist team in budget was:

Rodriguez
Hesjedal
Basso
Henao
Pozzovivo
Tiralongo
Golas
Rubiano
Amador

coming in at an impressive 2039 points, basically, if you're a purist, stack up on climbers and breakaway people. Cav was the best sprinter but took the team overbudget and was only 70 or so points better than Basso, Kristoff was the best DS sprinter coming in around 80 points below the best climber DS (Pozzovivo).

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

You might have wanted to pick them, Guardini for instance would have been pretty good value as a purist for his points  39

And thank you  1

0 likes

(i already added the score column btw)

enrique replied to dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

... i already added the score column btw...

How do I get to see what you posted? Is it the graph you get called 'Scores by Stage' when you click on a Rider name?...

0 likes

yeah, not much i can do about the riders who didn't make it to the end. but then, you wouldn't want to pick them anyway  1

perhaps you could dedicate your afternoon to just the abandons?  4

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

*sigh* I guess you could do that Dave but what will I do for the rest of the afternoon now?  20

That'd be great if you could Dave, although I think the riders page at the minute only shows active riders so those who dropped out are missing.

EDIT: I was looking at a few other things as well, like how quick the points drop off was for the TT guys from stage 1 through to 3/4/5 and what type of DS was the best value, sprinters/climbers/breakaway. It's all for the purist side really as the normal game is more fluid but for purists playing the averages would probably work well.

0 likes

or you could just ask, and i'll lob an extra column on the riders page  4

phy2sll | 11 years ago
0 likes

Look up the 'indirect' worksheet function in help.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

So are you working on Giro points or fantasy points?

If its the fantasy, i have a bit of time on my hands, so could sort out riders and stage points for you?

For instane

Name
Taylor Phinney

Team
BMC

Stage 1 45
Stage 2 18
Stage 3 26

Then in Excel it would look like

Phinney - BMC - 45 - 18- 26 Total =

So you could just make a list of riders and then add the scores in manually for each day?

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Problem is I've only got the riders from each stage page and they're in separate tabs.

So under the stage 1 tab I have

Name | Team | Score

just for the riders scoring on stage 1.

Need to find a way for excel to lookup scores against the members name (which is the id) across 21 different tabs.

I could copy and paste a full list of riders into one tab to start it off I guess but at the minute only the riders who were active at the end of the race are on the riders page, so people like Guardini/Pozzatto are not on there.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just as you've laid it out

Name | Team | Stage 1 Score | Stage 2 Score | etc etc | Total

So Name in column A, Team in B, then stages from C-whatever

Then for the total just do a formula which adds all stages together?

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yes, but I'm stuck at my desk at work  2

I need something to keep me occupied for the rest of day... unless my boss reads this in which case I work really really hard and deserve a raise.

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

You know its really sunny outside right?  3

Latest Comments