Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Heard a loud *BANG* earlier....

I was sitting in front of my laptop earlier, perusing Dave's article on the road.cc Fantasy Cycling update when I heard a car skidding and then a loud bang.

Went outside and saw this. When will these motorists ever learn....

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

17 comments

OldRidgeback | 11 years ago
0 likes

Were either of the two car occupants wearing helmets? If they weren't then the accident was clearly their fault. If they were, the wall must have jumped out from nowhere.

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

It's a blue Golf. But considering the state of the car, I can't blame you for not recognising it!

Tony Farrelly | 11 years ago
0 likes

Glad to hear no-one was hurt londonplayer could have been very nasty, and obviously it was for the wall. My other thought looking at that pic was that given the state of the wall either Ford Fiestas have got tougher or walls have got weaker.

Darthshearer | 11 years ago
0 likes

The wall should of have high viz on

scaramanga | 11 years ago
0 likes

SMIDSY?

giff77 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Was it not "a 'dog' that ran out in front of me that I swerved to avoid officer"

veseunr | 11 years ago
0 likes

More important: Who thought that stripey houses was a good idea?!

Gkam84 replied to veseunr | 11 years ago
0 likes
veseunr wrote:

They remind me of a picture my little cousin showed me the other day of his efforts at playing a game called Minecraft  39 A few layers of rock then one of mud and repeat he tells me  19

antozzi48 replied to veseunr | 11 years ago
0 likes
veseunr wrote:

Maybe stripey houses look bigger, the same way stripey trousers make your legs look longer!?!  39

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hang on, WHAT ABOUT THE WALL?

That poor thing's in pieces.

Show a bit of respect man.

Lost faith in t... | 11 years ago
0 likes

when will motorists ever learn what?

should be more thankful no one was hurt and seriously injured. end of.

londonplayer replied to Lost faith in the brand | 11 years ago
0 likes
Lost faith in the brand wrote:

when will motorists ever learn what?

should be more thankful no one was hurt and seriously injured. end of.

Lost Faith,

It goes without saying that I am grateful that both passengers were not hurt. I asked both if they were OK and whether I could get them a drink or anything.

My comment was not supposed to be entirely serious. Indeed, I only put up this post because I thought other people would be interested in seeing it. Not everything has to be a political campaigning issue!

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Did he dress himself this morning?

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

He claims that as he was coming round the corner, he hit the accelerator instead of the brake.

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

I couldn't see the wall due to the sun in my eyes. It shouldn't have been there in that stupid lycra anyway, I pay road tax etc etc.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I blame the cyclist, he's clearly just out of shot somewhere having jumped a red light then swerved across the road in front of the car whilst aiming for a small child.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

1 A wall hit me and went under my car.

2 The wall collided with my car without giving any warning.

3 Coming home, I drove into the wrong house and collided with a wall I did not have.

4 The wall had no idea which way to go so I ran over him.

5 I was backing my car out of the driveway when it was struck by the wall in the same place it was struck several times before.

6 I was shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached my driveway, a hedge jumped up, obscuring my view.

7 I told the police I was not injured but on removing my hat, I found that I had fractured my skull.

8 In my attempt to kill a fly I drove into a wall.

9 The wall was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit it.

10 An invisible wall came out of nowhere, struck my car and vanished.

Latest Comments