Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

2nd Overall and I didn't go premium.

20  20  20  20  20 Congratulations to those who went premium. I didnt. I came second overall. I henceforth have not won £250 bike shoes. I've had an absolute 'mare.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

seanieh66 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not as good as last year's prizes, eh Dave?  19

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

At least you didn't come first, that would've been waaaayyyy worse  4

samjackson54 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, I had some transfers in the bank. I was pretty pleased with my team a couple of days ago so 2/4 transfers was all I needed after the rest day  1
Stage 18: Modolo & Cavendish for Henao & Rodriguez
Stage 19: Intxausti & Rodriguez for Modolo & Cav
Stage 20: Pirazzi & De Gendt for Intxausti & Tiralongo
Stage 21: Rasmussen/Larsson/Sergent/Thomas for Pozzovivo/Golas/Tschopp/Basso

When Intxausti went badly as you said, it was a toss-up between Henao and De Gendt! We got very lucky  1

robacairns | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah - nicely done. I went back and was trying to figure out your line of transfers over the last several stages - I guess you had a bunch of transfers banked all the way from the rest day? For awhile I couldn't see how it was possible to make 1 transfer prior to stage 20 and still have 4 left for the ITT.
I was amused to see that like me, you got hit with the blessing in disguise of picking Inxtausti for Friday, only to have him go down with illness, which forced the transfer for De Gent prior to his massive haul on Saturday. That pretty much won me the bike - talk about a roller coaster couple of days.

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

good last stage though  39

Latest Comments