Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro Stage 21 - ITT

It's finally over, we've made it to the end and we still don't know who's going to take the Maglia Rosa.

Who's your money on for the ITT and the overall?

Is it between Phinney, Larsson and Rasmussen and if so who's survived the mountains in a good enough condition to put in a great ride? Who else has a shot?

Can Rodriguez put in the time trial of his life to keep the jersey or will Hesjedal take it from him at the last minute? Can De Gendt make up any time and make the podium? How will Basso do?

Lots of questions still to answer, its been a great three weeks and for me, the TdF is going to have to be amazing to top this.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

51 comments

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not bad at all; 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 9th, 14th, 16th. Fingers crossed.  1

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Phinney had "a problem with a couple of motorbikes" apparently - don't know the details. So maybe he was in good shape after all.

Didn't expect Sergent or Thomas to do so well over the longer distance, fair play to anyone who did.

Ryder was 40-1 at the beginning of the Giro, anyone who bet on that will be very happy. Oh wait, that was me! Makes up for my rubbish decision-making in the fantasy game...  4

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

5,6,7 and 16 + 5

then 1,2,3 on GC, don't know much else, not really paying attention, I don't like GT's being finished with a TT

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

1. Pinotti
2. Thomas
3. Sergent
4. Rasmussen
5. De Gendt
6. Hesjedal
7. Larsson
8. Bodnar
9. Tuft
10. Vermote
11. Stannard
12. Kwiatkowski
13. Cataldo
14. Malori
15. Oliveira
16. Phinney
17. Vandevelde
18 Ignatyev
19. Serpa
20. Rosseler

Blue and red jerseys remain unchanged so just waiting on the final top 10 GC although I think:

1. Hesjedal
2. Rodriguez
3. De Gendt
4. Scarponi
5. Basso
6. Cunego
7. Uran
8. Pozzovivo
9. Henao
10. Nieve

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

3,5,6,7,16 +10 for phinney and tschopp
1,2,3,5 in the GC

samjackson54 | 11 years ago
0 likes

2,3,4,5,6,7 on the stage + 1,2,3 GC + 1,2 KOM + 1,3 Points. Enough to lift me from 6th overall? Probably not, but I have loved this fantasy giro all the same  1 Thanks to the roadcc team.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 16 and top 3 GC plus points jerseys and +5 for Phinney. 163 I think, about average I'd say.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, this year's Giro's been great and the competition has been really close, thanks to Dave and the team for making the game better than ever this year (minus a few hiccups).

Time for a nice break... wait, it's only 6 days until the Dauphine starts?! Oh crap, best get planning!

Simon_MacMichael | 11 years ago
0 likes

kept 4 transfers back for this morning so I could bring Pinotti, Thomas, Rasmussen and De Gendt in.

Missed the bloody deadline  20

0 likes

Thats very bad luck  13 My picks all went well thankfully, it took some time to choose between Thomas/Basso/Bruseghin and Phinney/Rasmussen/Pozzovivo... but luckily I went for Thomas and Rasmussen  1

JAndrewHill replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

picking phinney was a mistake!!!

At least I have sergeant that others wont have

I had jesse too. Whos rasmussen???

0 likes

Alex Rasmussen

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

anyone know when the scores are going up?

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

'bout half an hour  1

0 likes

thanks Dave! hope we haven't interrupted your beers...  16

0 likes

unlucky wig billy! my dedicated team didn't win either. I came 6th with meagre farmer otto.

dave atkinson replied to samjackson54 | 11 years ago
0 likes
samjackson54 wrote:

2,3,4,5,6,7 on the stage + 1,2,3 GC + 1,2 KOM + 1,3 Points. Enough to lift me from 6th overall?

almost  1

samjackson54 replied to dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

It was close! Still 60 odd points off. Gutted I wasnt premium though! Never mind, I can't really complain that I didn't invest a tenner way back and when. Cheers for running this fantasy cycling though  1 And congrats to 1st, 3rd and 4th and their prizes!

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Damn you Jesse Sergent... I regret throwing away my high overall position now.

0 likes

Dave,

what's the official position on running additional teams?

If I run 2 throughout the TdF, is that OK?

TERatcliffe26 replied to Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

Damn you Jesse Sergent... I regret throwing away my high overall position now.

I could have told you he would be the top DS guy, thats why I had him

Pages

Latest Comments