Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Star rider of the Giro

Well, with the Giro almost completed and just for a bit of fun who is your star rider of the race and why ????????

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

12 comments

TheHatter | 11 years ago
0 likes

Can't believe no ones mentioned Domenico Pozzovivo - I wish he'd attacked a little more but others including the brilliant Szmyd were making that nearly impossible.

thefatcyclist | 11 years ago
0 likes

Heneo comes of age.
Bak entertained

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think we may all be saying DeGendt by close of play?

manxfelipe | 11 years ago
0 likes

Pirazzi, Hesjedal and Rodriguez are the obvious stars but for me Henao's performance in his first grand tour has been truly awesome. It will be interesting to see how he develops over the next few years!

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

There are so many riders that have impressed on certain levels...from Cav and Hesjedal for doing what they were meant to do, the columbian duo for again punching above what the outside world may expect, to the likes of rabottini, De Marchi, Pirazzi, Keizer for there animation

I guess is why there seems to be so many different awards, points scoring systems at the giro and different jerseys

Worst rider by far has got to be Ruijano, what a let down! (also guardini would have been a let down but yesterday saved him)

Also if Cav doesn't win red, (J-rod scores enough points tomorrow) then Ferrari needs to hot foot it out of there or he may get a bashing!

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

My pick would also be the nutcase, hardman with no cycling brain Pirazzi

But i'd also give a shout to Martijn Keizer because of his continues breaks (apart from the days i put him in my team)

My "worst" rider of the Giro so far goes to Jon Izagirre, I had him in my team the whole race, i take him out because he'd only scored me 14 points in the race, Then he goes and wins a stage  14  14

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Special mention for De Marchi's 2 almost-wins, especially the look he gave Amador that day for attacking when they could've worked with each other. Priceless.

But it has to be Pirazzi really. Legend.  1

rbx | 11 years ago
0 likes

There've been lots of inspiring performances. Hesjedal, Pozzovivo, Rabbotini and Bak have been good.

My favourite, though, is Pirazzi. The guy just never gives up, clearly inspired by Johnny strongman Hoogerland. What makes him even more endearing is the perfect mis-timing of all his attacks on his breakaway partners  1

He's my rider for this Giro!

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

Rubiano's stage win was interesting.

Don't forget Taylor Phinney's opening win and straight into the pink jersey on his first ever tour. Surely something to respect?

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Probably the duo of Henao and Uran.

Rabbotini was quite good.

The Poz maybe?

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

For me, its a toss up between Rodriguez and Hesjedal. Both went for it early and haven't been afraid to lead the race. The favourites like Basso and Scarponi have been patient but both Rodriguez and Hesjedal have been aggressive and for me made the race more exciting.

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

I have to say for me it's been Stefano Pirazzi.

The guy is class with his tactics  4

Closely followed by Cav after his little outburst following Guardini's stage win ! how he had the cheek to win when Cav was racing him  13

Latest Comments