Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Criterium Dauphine

Provisional startlists up on cycling fever.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

61 comments

Debarrio | 11 years ago
0 likes

Exit Zabriskie and Talansky. Vino is now confirmed.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Bold strategy is the way forward for this race, gone a 50/50 split in mind for potential sprint guys at the end of stage 1, but those that could also top 20 in the prologue

Strategy for TdS is very much weighted towards stage 1, as its a HC summit finish....

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

Wait, you're gonna love this one.

There's an Englishman, a Scotsman, a Frenchman, a German, a Spaniard, a Dutchman, an American, a Belgian and an Italian. They all go on a bike ride in France and.....

If you're going to name your squad, just put the bloody guys names up. And if you don't want to, then just don't say. This veiled naming of riders is getting pretty fucking boring for all concerned!

thefatcyclist | 11 years ago
0 likes

This is where I was at with my "a cyclist a cylist" post. It was fine banter to start with, but serves no purpose now. It also means useful info like Talansky and Zabriskie are out, both of whom were in my team, can be missed because you think "oh not this again", i'm not trawling through all this. No offence intended guys.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Changed my German (won might win the opening prologue) for a Spaniard who will do better overall  19 and YES, its my guy I always pick  3

Hugh Lupus | 11 years ago
0 likes

I woujld pick the werlshman but hes not riding. Lol. Bet you cant work out who im talking about.  4  4  4

Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes

Done!

2 French
2 Germans
2 Aussies
a Brit
a Yank
a Spaniard

Go...

Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes

Also having 3 posts in a row, basically saying nothing might be irritating to some folk, sorry about that.

LabMonkey | 11 years ago
0 likes

8 humans
1 cyborg

fluffchucker | 11 years ago
0 likes

There's some really crap clues on here - I blame Gkam  4

Tony
Bradley
Tejay
Juany
Jery
Jony
Lukey
Wilcy
Toshy

Easy

enrique replied to Debarrio | 11 years ago
0 likes
Debarrio wrote:

Dave, why don't you start a thread for each race where you let us know who you're taking off the start list and who's being put in?...

Stumps replied to londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes
londonplayer wrote:

If you're going to name your squad, just put the bloody guys names up. And if you don't want to, then just don't say. This veiled naming of riders is getting pretty fucking boring for all concerned!

Londonplayer, dont beat around the bush, just tell us what you think  24

Your right though, the first couple of times it had people guessing but it seems its part and parcel of the forum now. I have to admit though i'm part of the problem as i listed my team countrywise as well

TERatcliffe26 replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Changed my German (won might win the opening prologue) for a Spaniard who will do better overall  19 and YES, its my guy I always pick  3

The guy you always pick/ I thought id got him in my TdS team  39

JAndrewHill replied to Hugh Lupus | 11 years ago
0 likes
Hugh Lupus wrote:

I woujld pick the werlshman but hes not riding. Lol. Bet you cant work out who im talking about.  4  4  4

Was yanto barker ever down for the cd?

dave atkinson replied to enrique | 11 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
Debarrio wrote:

Dave, why don't you start a thread for each race where you let us know who you're taking off the start list and who's being put in?...

because by far the simplest way to update the squads is to get rid of all the riders and put them back off the new list, so i don't necessarily know who's moved

however, we're working on a system that'll post to an automated forum topic. not ready yet though

Gkam84 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

The guy you always pick/ I thought id got him in my TdS team  39

I'm lost, I had to go check startlist  19 But he's riding CD  3

Then I realised that I constantly pick three Spaniard's when they are racing. So did you mean Rojas or Izaguirre  39

Squiggle replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

My Spaniard is almost an anagram of the Spaniard you always pick!  39

Squiggle replied to londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes
londonplayer wrote:

Wait, you're gonna love this one.

There's an Englishman, a Scotsman, a Frenchman, a German, a Spaniard, a Dutchman, an American, a Belgian and an Italian. They all go on a bike ride in France and.....

Woops I was reading the posts in reverse order, didn'y realise I'd made a faux pas  3

Gkam84 replied to Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes
Squiggle wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

My Spaniard is almost an anagram of the Spaniard you always pick!  39

If you changed the M to an I and the A to an O??  3

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

i'm sure i've seen people do it recently. i might be mistaken though  39

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I thought that wasn't allowed? Didn't Cav quit the Vuelta last year and wasn't allowed to ride the Tour of Britain because it overlapped? I'm sure in the past you can't compete in two races that overlap you always run the risk of the first race losing half it's riders in order to compete in the second.

chrisdstripes replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

I thought that wasn't allowed? Didn't Cav quit the Vuelta last year and wasn't allowed to ride the Tour of Britain because it overlapped? I'm sure in the past you can't compete in two races that overlap you always run the risk of the first race losing half it's riders in order to compete in the second.

Cav actually got cleared to ride the Tour of Britain last year and won 2 stages, but you're right on the rules, I remember the story being that he shouldn't be allowed because they overlapped, although they ended up making a special rule for him I guess...

Anyhoo - Terpstra is no longer on the start list for the Dauphine according to Cycling Fever...

Debarrio | 11 years ago
0 likes

Jos van Emden to ride DL instead of Laurens ten Dam. Prologue-wise, that's interesting (if road.cc updates the roster in the fantasy game) .

0 likes

riders do sometimes start one and then drop out to do the other

TERatcliffe26 replied to dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

riders do sometimes start one and then drop out to do the other

Yes that is true, now throws in a curve ball of TdS  39

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Terpstra still appears in both game startlists, as do a couple of other riders

thefatcyclist | 11 years ago
0 likes

Oh here we go again,

A cyclist
an other cyclist
A cyclist
a cyclist
professional bike rider
a cyclist again
on no not a cyclist
where did all those cyclists come from
yet another cyclist

Seriously, my first cut team looks a lot like my TOC team.

0 likes

another startlist update due tomorrow...

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Terpstra is currently listed (on Cycling Fever) on both the Dauphine and Tour de Suisse start lists, so keep an eye out for confirmation people...

frankiejay | 11 years ago
0 likes

Purist on this one...

Wiggins
Sanchez
T Martin
Rogers

Haedo
Zabriskie
Terpstra
Kelderman
Howard

Honestly, really hard to weight purist for this one, because the TTs could play a huge role in points for the first few stages and it's much easier to pick TT winners than overall winners at this race. Seriously, I have no idea who is going to win the GC, figured Sanchez was as good a bet as anybody... well, and Wiggins.

Pages

Latest Comments