Criterium Dauphine

by ray silvester   May 24, 2012  

Provisional startlists up on cycling fever.

61 user comments

Latest 30 commentsNewest firstBest ratedAll

Purist on this one...

Wiggins
Sanchez
T Martin
Rogers

Haedo
Zabriskie
Terpstra
Kelderman
Howard

Honestly, really hard to weight purist for this one, because the TTs could play a huge role in points for the first few stages and it's much easier to pick TT winners than overall winners at this race. Seriously, I have no idea who is going to win the GC, figured Sanchez was as good a bet as anybody... well, and Wiggins.

posted by frankiejay [159 posts]
30th May 2012 - 14:49

like this
Like (7)

Terpstra is currently listed (on Cycling Fever) on both the Dauphine and Tour de Suisse start lists, so keep an eye out for confirmation people...

chrisdstripes's picture

posted by chrisdstripes [1539 posts]
30th May 2012 - 22:21

like this
Like (5)

another startlist update due tomorrow...

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7252 posts]
30th May 2012 - 23:16

like this
Like (5)

Oh here we go again,

A cyclist
an other cyclist
A cyclist
a cyclist
professional bike rider
a cyclist again
on no not a cyclist
where did all those cyclists come from
yet another cyclist

Seriously, my first cut team looks a lot like my TOC team.

posted by thefatcyclist [581 posts]
31st May 2012 - 20:11

like this
Like (5)

Terpstra still appears in both game startlists, as do a couple of other riders

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3780 posts]
31st May 2012 - 20:30

like this
Like (9)

riders do sometimes start one and then drop out to do the other

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7252 posts]
31st May 2012 - 21:44

like this
Like (7)

Jos van Emden to ride DL instead of Laurens ten Dam. Prologue-wise, that's interesting (if road.cc updates the roster in the fantasy game) .

Debarrio

Debarrio's picture

posted by Debarrio [78 posts]
1st June 2012 - 0:00

like this
Like (7)

dave_atkinson wrote:
riders do sometimes start one and then drop out to do the other

Yes that is true, now throws in a curve ball of TdS Thinking

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3780 posts]
1st June 2012 - 9:06

like this
Like (8)

I thought that wasn't allowed? Didn't Cav quit the Vuelta last year and wasn't allowed to ride the Tour of Britain because it overlapped? I'm sure in the past you can't compete in two races that overlap you always run the risk of the first race losing half it's riders in order to compete in the second.

posted by drheaton [3429 posts]
1st June 2012 - 9:50

like this
Like (5)

i'm sure i've seen people do it recently. i might be mistaken though Thinking

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7252 posts]
1st June 2012 - 10:32

like this
Like (6)

drheaton wrote:
I thought that wasn't allowed? Didn't Cav quit the Vuelta last year and wasn't allowed to ride the Tour of Britain because it overlapped? I'm sure in the past you can't compete in two races that overlap you always run the risk of the first race losing half it's riders in order to compete in the second.

Cav actually got cleared to ride the Tour of Britain last year and won 2 stages, but you're right on the rules, I remember the story being that he shouldn't be allowed because they overlapped, although they ended up making a special rule for him I guess...

Anyhoo - Terpstra is no longer on the start list for the Dauphine according to Cycling Fever...

chrisdstripes's picture

posted by chrisdstripes [1539 posts]
1st June 2012 - 10:44

like this
Like (7)

Exit Zabriskie and Talansky. Vino is now confirmed.

Debarrio

Debarrio's picture

posted by Debarrio [78 posts]
1st June 2012 - 10:46

like this
Like (6)

Debarrio wrote:
Exit Zabriskie and Talansky. Vino is now confirmed.

Dave, why don't you start a thread for each race where you let us know who you're taking off the start list and who's being put in?...

Vive Le Road.cc Fantasy Cycling Game!

posted by enrique [1515 posts]
2nd June 2012 - 7:50

like this
Like (7)

enrique wrote:
Debarrio wrote:
Exit Zabriskie and Talansky. Vino is now confirmed.

Dave, why don't you start a thread for each race where you let us know who you're taking off the start list and who's being put in?...

because by far the simplest way to update the squads is to get rid of all the riders and put them back off the new list, so i don't necessarily know who's moved

however, we're working on a system that'll post to an automated forum topic. not ready yet though

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7252 posts]
2nd June 2012 - 8:35

like this
Like (5)

Bold strategy is the way forward for this race, gone a 50/50 split in mind for potential sprint guys at the end of stage 1, but those that could also top 20 in the prologue

Strategy for TdS is very much weighted towards stage 1, as its a HC summit finish....

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3780 posts]
2nd June 2012 - 9:54

like this
Like (7)

Wait, you're gonna love this one.

There's an Englishman, a Scotsman, a Frenchman, a German, a Spaniard, a Dutchman, an American, a Belgian and an Italian. They all go on a bike ride in France and.....

If you're going to name your squad, just put the bloody guys names up. And if you don't want to, then just don't say. This veiled naming of riders is getting pretty fucking boring for all concerned!

posted by londonplayer [671 posts]
2nd June 2012 - 11:51

like this
Like (6)

londonplayer wrote:

If you're going to name your squad, just put the bloody guys names up. And if you don't want to, then just don't say. This veiled naming of riders is getting pretty fucking boring for all concerned!

Londonplayer, dont beat around the bush, just tell us what you think Rolling On The Floor

Your right though, the first couple of times it had people guessing but it seems its part and parcel of the forum now. I have to admit though i'm part of the problem as i listed my team countrywise as well

If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it. Gaius Julius Caesar.

stumps's picture

posted by stumps [2667 posts]
2nd June 2012 - 12:13

like this
Like (7)

This is where I was at with my "a cyclist a cylist" post. It was fine banter to start with, but serves no purpose now. It also means useful info like Talansky and Zabriskie are out, both of whom were in my team, can be missed because you think "oh not this again", i'm not trawling through all this. No offence intended guys.

posted by thefatcyclist [581 posts]
2nd June 2012 - 13:05

like this
Like (5)

Changed my German (won might win the opening prologue) for a Spaniard who will do better overall Devil and YES, its my guy I always pick Wink

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8686 posts]
2nd June 2012 - 13:15

like this
Like (4)

Gkam84 wrote:
Changed my German (won might win the opening prologue) for a Spaniard who will do better overall Devil and YES, its my guy I always pick Wink

The guy you always pick/ I thought id got him in my TdS team Thinking

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3780 posts]
2nd June 2012 - 13:52

like this
Like (8)

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

The guy you always pick/ I thought id got him in my TdS team Thinking

I'm lost, I had to go check startlist Devil But he's riding CD Wink

Then I realised that I constantly pick three Spaniard's when they are racing. So did you mean Rojas or Izaguirre Thinking

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8686 posts]
2nd June 2012 - 19:49

like this
Like (4)

I woujld pick the werlshman but hes not riding. Lol. Bet you cant work out who im talking about. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

posted by Hugh Lupus [31 posts]
2nd June 2012 - 20:42

like this
Like (3)

Hugh Lupus wrote:
I woujld pick the werlshman but hes not riding. Lol. Bet you cant work out who im talking about. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Was yanto barker ever down for the cd?

J Andrew Hill

Its a marathon, not a snickers

...

JAndrewHill's picture

posted by JAndrewHill [1209 posts]
2nd June 2012 - 20:46

like this
Like (4)

Done!

2 French
2 Germans
2 Aussies
a Brit
a Yank
a Spaniard

Go...

Sq

Squiggle's picture

posted by Squiggle [414 posts]
2nd June 2012 - 23:34

like this
Like (5)

Gkam84 wrote:
Changed my German (won might win the opening prologue) for a Spaniard who will do better overall Devil and YES, its my guy I always pick Wink

My Spaniard is almost an anagram of the Spaniard you always pick! Thinking

Sq

Squiggle's picture

posted by Squiggle [414 posts]
2nd June 2012 - 23:40

like this
Like (5)

londonplayer wrote:
Wait, you're gonna love this one.

There's an Englishman, a Scotsman, a Frenchman, a German, a Spaniard, a Dutchman, an American, a Belgian and an Italian. They all go on a bike ride in France and.....

If you're going to name your squad, just put the bloody guys names up. And if you don't want to, then just don't say. This veiled naming of riders is getting pretty fucking boring for all concerned!

Woops I was reading the posts in reverse order, didn'y realise I'd made a faux pas Wink

Sq

Squiggle's picture

posted by Squiggle [414 posts]
3rd June 2012 - 0:12

like this
Like (8)

Also having 3 posts in a row, basically saying nothing might be irritating to some folk, sorry about that.

Sq

Squiggle's picture

posted by Squiggle [414 posts]
3rd June 2012 - 0:17

like this
Like (6)

Squiggle wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:
Changed my German (won might win the opening prologue) for a Spaniard who will do better overall Devil and YES, its my guy I always pick Wink

My Spaniard is almost an anagram of the Spaniard you always pick! Thinking

If you changed the M to an I and the A to an O?? Wink

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8686 posts]
3rd June 2012 - 0:33

like this
Like (4)

8 humans
1 cyborg

Exercise physiologist, endurance coach, bike geek!

posted by LabMonkey [97 posts]
3rd June 2012 - 9:58

like this
Like (5)

There's some really crap clues on here - I blame Gkam Big Grin

Tony
Bradley
Tejay
Juany
Jery
Jony
Lukey
Wilcy
Toshy

Easy

I'm always in two minds
Then I go and pick the wrong one Sad

posted by fluffchucker [282 posts]
3rd June 2012 - 10:22

like this
Like (6)