Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro Stage 18

I think the answer to this one is simple. Cav must win or else he may as well go home (I think he would have sewn up the jersey had it not been for Ferrari and that stupidly tight corner)

So he will go into my team for J-Rod

The problem is looking to sunday as well as tomorrow and the remaining mountain stages, think im gonna risk just having two sprinters tomorrow to aid me in the last stage

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

40 comments

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

16th on the stage with the 10 points for the correct J-Rod to come(although I'm figuring everyone will have him barring straight J-Rod for Cav swaps).  39

STEVESPRO 79 | 11 years ago
0 likes

J-Rod only been given 4 points...It should be 14....Looks like Jackson Rodrigueez has been given 10 of his points.......

darren13366 | 11 years ago
0 likes

15 1-2-3 for me today. Eases the pain of taking out Guardini and Possovivo before yesterday's stage

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm happy with that result. Guardini & Cav are two of the most popular sprinters, so I wouldn't have made up any ground if I took this stage seriously. Bring on Milan B-).

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

Whoopy doo. I brought in guardini, cav and soupe today for basso txurreta and by useless outsider garate. Got to be happy with that. Now need pozzovivo in tomorrow I think.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, dissapointed in Modolo, not the amazing day I'd hoped for but enough to keep me in contention. May have been better off picking Cav and Ferrari but it's still nice to pick the winner.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Buggar guardini (more because i decided he hadnt done anythig really in the sprints and modolo would be a better option) so frustrating this game sometimes

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

OFFICIAL TOP TEN - STAGE 18

1 Andrea Guardini (Ita) Farnese Vini - Selle Italia
2 Mark Cavendish (GBr) Sky Procycling
3 Roberto Ferrari (Ita) Androni Giocattoli
4 Robert Hunter (RSA) Garmin - Barracuda
5 Lucas Sebastian Haedo (Arg) Team Saxo Bank
6 Giacomo Nizzolo (Ita) RadioShack-Nissan
7 Alexander Kristoff (Nor) Katusha Team
8 Francesco Chicchi (Ita) Omega Pharma-Quickstep
9 Geoffrey Soupe (Fra) FDJ-Big Mat
10 Dennis Vanendert (Bel) Lotto Belisol Team

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not sure if there are any and they're likely to fall after the first big climb on which he'll probably be dropped.

If Rodriguez gets dropped and doesn't finish top 6 over the next two days then he might win but J-Rod looks to be in too good form for that to happen.

Wouldn't be surprised if Cav packs it in now, not point killing himself for nothing.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Aren't there TV sprints over the next two road stages?

Cav can just get those maybe?

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

1. Guardini,
2. Cavendish,
3. Ferrari,
4. Hunter,
5. Haedo

Nearly went for Ferrari over Ventoso but thought he might try it with it being a year since Tondo died yesterday.

Nice to see Hunter up there too (although he's not in my team).

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah! yes yes yes yes yes!

My colleagues all think I'm nuts but I have a massive smile on my face, I only brought in Guardini for the mountains!

What a day!

adholman replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

ha ha great day for me too, Guardini earned me a few 10 pointers for being last man in the mountains and I kept him for today and the next 2 stages. With Hunter and Cav as well I am gloating about my 1-2-4 today!!!

frankiejay | 11 years ago
0 likes

Oh dear, not the day to drop Guardini... I feel like an idiot.

0 likes

This is annoying, have Cav in my team and want him to win the red jersey, but from a fantasy point of view i would like mr keizer to stay away to thr finish!

Simon_MacMichael | 11 years ago
0 likes

It was a fantastic effort by Team Sky to bring back the break, those points could be very valuable come Sunday. I hope they've got something left for the finale today, though.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Looks like Cav will get full points at the intermediate sprint. Today, much like yesterday, isn't going to plan. Hopefully between Rodriguez and one of my sprinters I'll get more points than Cav but as it stands, I'm not hopeful.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hey, that was supposed to come out in colour.  20

chrisro | 11 years ago
0 likes

TEAM:
Cav (SKY)
Hesjedal (GRM)
J-Rod (KAT)
Benat Intxausti (MOV)
Golas (OQP)
Rabottini (FAR)
Rubiano (AND)
Geoffrey Soupe (FDJ)
Alexander Kristoff (KAT)

Will take Cav and Kristoff out for Basso and Pozzovivo and maybe Intxausti for Uran but not sure on this yet.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just thought I'd share thi, straight of Gadret's Wikipedia page:

Quote:

On Stage 15 of the 2010 Tour de France Gadret caused controversy when he refused to give his wheel to his team leader, Nicolas Roche, following a puncture on the final climb of the day and then began attacking the group ahead of Roche.[7]

He has won a race against a horse.[8]

drheaton replied to Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes
Raleigh wrote:

Just thought I'd share this, straight of Gadret's Wikipedia page:

Quote:

What were the circumstances of this race? If it's a race up Alp d'huez most pro cyclists could probably win that  1

Also, finish seems to be very flat, a 5km long straight road and 7m wide. Sounds like a perfect Cav stage  2

Raleigh replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

Raleigh wrote:

Just thought I'd share this, straight of Gadret's Wikipedia page:

Quote:

What were the circumstances of this race? If it's a race up Alp d'huez most pro cyclists could probably win that  1

Yes, there are numerous explanations:

• Horse was on a bike as well
  • Gadret was on a faster horse
  • The horse was sleeping
  • Gadret was in a car
  • The horse only had three legs

(Sorry, just discovered all this HTML.)

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

In:Cav,Hunter,Guardini
Out:Cunego,Henao,Tiralongo

Team:
Cav
Hesjedal
J-Rod
Hunter
Golas
Rabottini
Rubiano
Pozzovivo
Guardini

ray silvester replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

In:Cav,Hunter,Guardini
Out:Cunego,Henao,Tiralongo

Team:
Cav
Hesjedal
J-Rod
Hunter
Golas
Rabottini
Rubiano
Pozzovivo
Guardini

Got to be happy with that as the three I bought in went 1st,2nd and 4th plus even Rabottini will get bonuses for being luminous.

nickobec | 11 years ago
0 likes

Original plan drop Basso for Cav and bring in Scarponi tomorrow, however, Basso & Uran's performance along with the not so good performances by Intxausti, Tiralongo and others, changed my plans, so with 4 transfers in hand

Alexander Kristoff in for Paolo Tiralongo
Andrea Guardini in for Allessandro De Marchi
Matteo Rabottini in for Andrey Amador
Roberto Ferrari in for Benat Intxausti

Giving me

Joaquin Rodriguez (KAT)
Ryder Hesjedal (GRM)
Roberto Ferrari (AND)
Ivan Basso (LIQ)
Stefano Pirazzi (COG)
Matteo Rabottini (FAR)
Andrea Guardini (FAR)
Domenico Pozzovivo (COG)
Alexander Kristoff (KAT)

Tomorrow Ferrari & Kristoff out, for Uran + ?

Guardini stays as he is getting reliable at being last man home in the mountains.

I will take a hit today of 25 compared to the teams around me if Cav wins today. If a small breakaway succeeds no lost and will have the 5 or the 6 best performing big stage climbers for Friday & Saturday + a couple of breakaway guys

giff77 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ivan Basso (LIQ)
Mark Cavendish (SKY)
Rigoberto Uran (SKY)
Sacha Modolo (COG)
Andrey Amador (MOV)
Aleksandr Kuschynski (KAT)
Jan Barta (APP)
Paolo Tiralongo (AST)
Matteo Rabottini (FAR)
Seriously hoping that cav doesn't bollix things up today. Tean set for the hills aand I can dump cav and modolo. Here's hoping. Can't get any worse than I've done so far!!

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Rodriguez
Basso
Ventoso
Modolo

Pozzovivo
Tiralongo
Rabottini
Txurruka
Guardini

Plan is to use my three transfers to remove Ventoso, Modolo and probably Tiralongo.

0 likes

Well here is my team then

Cav
Hesjedal
Gadret
Modolo

Keizer
Tschopp
Txurruka
Pozzovivo
Kristoff

3 transfers to take out Cav, Modolo and Kristo tomorrow (already planned those)

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

My team for today as i'm away to enjoy this 27 degrees again  1 wont be on at all today till the sun goes down

Joaquin Rodriguez (KAT)
Mark Cavendish (SKY)
Roberto Ferrari (AND)
Sergio Luis Henao (SKY)
Stefano Pirazzi (COG)
Miguel Angel Rubiano (AND)
Paolo Tiralongo (AST)
Diego Ulissi (LAM)
Alexander Kristoff (KAT)

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Have four transfers to use, planning on using three today, three tomorrow to leave me with a full mountains team for Friday and Saturday. Hoping I can get by without making any changes for Saturday so I can use four for the TT.

Dropping:
Rujano (from a great height), Henao and Golas

Recruiting:
Ventoso, Modolo and Guardini

Yep, I'm not bringing in Cav and I haven't got any Sky riders left..

Plan is to have enough credits to get four good star climbers in and just make do with whatever DSs I can afford. I should be able to afford Rodriguez, Basso, Hesjedal and Uran but that leaves me with 2.5 credits for my last DS so I might swap Uran for someone cheaper and pick up a DS that might actually get me some points.

Pages

Latest Comments