Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

How to get a pro tour bike for free....

Stand at the side of the road in your boxers and hope a rider breaks down. Stage 14 of the Giro, i said.

Gkam84 wrote:

Did anyone just see that?

The farnesi vini guy had a problem with his bike, jumped off, a guy in just boxers and trainers was holding it while the team got him another bike. A spectator pushed him up to speed while the team jumped back in the car and left the naked guy holding the bike even after him waving it in the air. Nice souvenir or will someone pick it up??

Well here's a video of it. Sorry, its on facebook, the one on their website does not work because its in Australia and region limited and its not on youtube  20

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150819923441230

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

I want some of what he's having!

Cooks | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'd hop on, ride after him, blow past him then probably go on to win the stage.

Afterwards they'd offer me a contract, and I'd tell them if I can't ride in my underpants, I shan't ride for you.

So they'd probably sign me and let me ride in my pants, and I'd go on to be probably the greatest underpants cyclist ever known, and you'd all remember where you were that day "when that Farnese Vini rider handed his bike to Underpants Cooks"

Tour Le Tour replied to Cooks | 11 years ago
0 likes

Underpants Cooks, that is awesome.  4

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

They ride Cipollini's

I'd do B, followed by A if it was a far out size then D  19

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

I was wondering about this after you said it. Couldn't help feeling jealous! What do Farnese Vini ride anyway?

In his shoes, would you:

a. get it home, adjust it to your size quick and have a ride thinking you would have to give it back anyway so should have a ride while you have chance?

or

b. hold your breath that no-one starts looking for it, and a week or two later, adjust it to your size hoping you get to keep it?

or

c. make a noise until they come and take it away, hoping for maybe a signed jersey or something in return

or

d. ebay it

I'd have to go for B, or D if it didn't fit but only after a while when I was sure!

EDIT: having now watched it, he does seem to lift it up, and the camera angle doesn't allow you to see whether he still has the bike later, but the fact that the car was already moving does suggest that they didn't take it. I imagined that this was going to be because they were in a hell of a rush and under pressure, but no-one looks that way.

giff77 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Latest Comments