Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro stage 17

So tomorrows a tricky one! Could be cold and is lumpy! They are saying someone who is great at descending has an advantage! Anyone any advice? I have the top 5 in the GC, so is it worth keeping them or ship one out and look for a stage winner??

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

71 comments

Debarrio | 11 years ago
0 likes

1. Rodriguez 2 Basso 3. Hesjedal 4. Uran 5. Scarponi 6. Pozzovivo 7. Intxausti 8. Moreno 9. De Gendt 10. Tschopp 11. Gadret 12. Nieve 13. Cunego 14. Pardilla 15. Brambilla 16. Bruseghin 17. Tiralongo 18. Henao 19. Cataldo 20. Failli

Squiggle | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yup big scoring day for sure. I could have been up there if I hadn't panicked and swapped Pozzo for Casar (WTF was I thinking???). Got top 3 and all the Rabottini points. My pick for the day was Hesjay so I bumped in Rosseler for Keizer (too hilly for the Keizer), close but no cigar...

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Crap stage for me. I'll probably take some big risks tomorrow, and when that goes wrong try and win the TT.

Debarrio | 11 years ago
0 likes

Bringing in Henao for Inxausti clearly wasn't the best move, but not too shabby overall, I think (especially thanks to a last minute change of heart bringing in Rabottini).

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

171 points and dropped 5 places  2

Probably lost my top 20 place now.

What's the thoughts on tomorrow? A nailed on Cav win or chance for more carnage and a random winner from whoever stays upright?

TheBigMong | 11 years ago
0 likes

1-2-3-12 for me. Not bad for a purist, I think!

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

I did even worse than I was expecting :(. Don't think I'll even bother taking any risks tomorrow - I'll just enjoy watching the the next 3 stages (without having this game in the back of my mind the whole time), then try to get a good result on the last day.

arsene replied to TheBigMong | 11 years ago
0 likes
TheBigMong wrote:

1-2-3-12 for me. Not bad for a purist, I think!

Seems like the win is yours. You're the only purist who has Hesjedal, Basso and Rodriguez O. Congrats.  4

As for my team: 1,2,3 on the Giau with Pozzovivo, Hesjedal, Basso but I lost the Giro at the sprint stages. Bennati abandonned too early in the race. Pinotti has disappointed so far. 12th now, hope that I can make at least the top10 (Pinotti, Phinney and Hesjedal for the TT)and then focus on winning the Tour de France.  16

Doaky | 11 years ago
0 likes

161 points but dropped 6 places!!! This game infuriates me!! But i love it  4

JAndrewHill replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
JAndrewHill wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

I made 1 transfer, dropped slagter for a swiss guy  3

But contador isnt doing the giro.

you sure  3

Y I am always. Confusing. Cancellara. And contador. Oops. What a dope.

Comrade | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well I don't normally post on here, but I also cashed in on this stage with 214 pts, I normally get 50 or 60 and my last hi score was 112....mebee I should pay more attention and pay to join a league...good luck all !

Pages

Latest Comments