Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro stage 17

So tomorrows a tricky one! Could be cold and is lumpy! They are saying someone who is great at descending has an advantage! Anyone any advice? I have the top 5 in the GC, so is it worth keeping them or ship one out and look for a stage winner??

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

71 comments

drheaton replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

My question is when do I axe haeno for a certain belgium in prep fro the last stage

Damn you!

I had it all planned out and I hadn't considered this until you mentioned it... haven't been able to decide if it's worth it yet but my head says it's a good idea and possibly some great points, if the transfer's made for the right stage...

Time to redo all my plans  2

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

I have 5 of the top 10 GC and 4 decent climbers who have been trying regularly over the past few days to get into breaks. So theoretically a chance of a really good day, but obviously if I have no-one in the break then I'll just be middling along with everyone else. Team is only 300th or something, so may as well go for a stage win!

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ah, he's on my radar too but I was thinking of bringing him in later in the week, he seems to be going well.

Henao is neither here nor there because EVERY team will have him now, I have him because he's cheap points, he could do something, he might not, either way he stays because he let's me spend my credits elsewhere.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I made 1 transfer, dropped slagter for a swiss guy  3

JAndrewHill replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

But contador isnt doing the giro.

TERatcliffe26 replied to JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

you sure  3

JAndrewHill replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
JAndrewHill wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

you sure  3

Y I am always. Confusing. Cancellara. And contador. Oops. What a dope.

Doaky | 11 years ago
0 likes

Henao Could have a dig tomorrow! Would like to see basso having a go as well! May just keep my transfers and hope the GC dosent get shaken up too much tomorrow!!

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'd like to drop Rodriguez for Kreuziger but I can't as Rodriguez is far too in form. Have 4 transfers, will use 2, probably dropping Golas and Slagter for either a couple of Italians or a Spaniard and an Italian. Not saying anything else until deadline  3

It'll be a big KoM day so if you get the right rider you're in for a hatfull of points.

I wouldn't worry too much about the descent, the winner has to get to the top with the front group before they can win on the descent so a good climber is a must. I wouldn't be surprised if both Rujano and Gadret had a pop but I won't be going for either, not just yet.

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

Tricky init. Ive gone for an out of form climber whoo rested himsekf today and fiknished with the sprinters. He has previous kom so might be saving himself for a big day tomorrow. There again he will prob finish next to last.  4  4  4

londonplayer | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm not planning on doing any transfers and am keeping the same for tomorrow. I'm loaded with the GC contenders, as I'm sure many others are also.

Pages

Latest Comments